Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Limbo

When Tails is kidnapped who is to save him other than...Amy? But will Amy's heroics cost her and Sonic's life?

Chapter 8 - Limbo

Chapter 8 - Limbo
The darkness slowly evaded. Light appeared all around them but Sonic didn’t bother to see where he was. He only had eyes for Amy. The electric bands were still around her. Amy’s face contorted with the screams she was holding back.

Sonic: “Why aren’t the bands coming off!?” he asked Shadow angrily. He felt so helpless.

Shadow: “I’m not sure…”

Sonic: “Anything, Shadow.” Tears filled his eyes. “Do you have any idea at all?”

Shadow: “Well…it could be because we were basically in limbo when Metal Sonic sent his attack. The attack must’ve stuck to the thing, or person, it first connected to.”

The tears leaked from Sonic’s eyes as he watched Amy die.

Sonic: “Amy, Amy…why’d you go? Why didn’t you just let me go? Why didn’t you let me die?!”

Sonic cried shamelessly. Shadow watched him in pity. He could distinctly remember the first time his memories of Maria had come back to him. He’d been a total wreck. Something flared inside of Shadow; empathy, possibly, or was it fear? Fear that the same thing would happen to Sonic like it did Shadow?

Shadow pushed Sonic aside and pulled out his chaos emerald again. He grabbed Amy’s hand.

Shadow: “Chaos Control!”

The world disappeared around him. Light was swallowed up, the only thing Shadow could see were the bands around Amy. He concentrated all his power in keeping them in limbo. Slowly, very slowly, the bands vanished one by one. Only after the last band broke did Shadow take her back.

Sonic, who was now sobbing uncontrollably, looked up at their return.

Sonic: “Wh-wha-what?” he stuttered.

His face lit like a little boy on Christmas morning when he realized the bands were gone, only to be replaced a second later with horror at the scars along her body.

Sonic: “Is she…is she…?”

He couldn’t bring himself to ask if she was dead. That would make it final.

Shadow: “No,” he said, sensing his question “she’s alive.”

Sonic: “Thank you, God.” Sonic whispered.

Amy stirred.

Sonic: “Amy? Amy, honey, can you hear me?”

Amy’s eyes fluttered. They opened halfway. Though her vision was blurred, she could still make out Sonic’s figure.

Sonic: “Amy? Can you hear me?” he repeated.

Amy’s nod was so weak that it looked more like a twitch.

Sonic: “I love you, Amy.”

That was the last thing Amy heard before passing out.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ChristLover on June 5, 2009, 7:21:18 AM

ChristLover on
ChristLoverThat was a great story! Nice work and ending!

DaraytheDevil on June 5, 2009, 8:12:30 AM

DaraytheDevil on
DaraytheDevilthanks!