Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Second Picnic

When Tails is kidnapped who is to save him other than...Amy? But will Amy's heroics cost her and Sonic's life?

Chapter 9 - Second Picnic

Chapter 9 - Second Picnic
Amy slept through most of the next day. The sun was shinning through the windows when she finally woke up. She looked around in confusion. How’d she get here? She felt something wet on her forehead. She sat up.

Amy: “Owe” she complained.

Everything was sore. She looked at her lap to see a wet rag.

Tails: “You’re up!”

Tails walked into the room carrying a glass of water.

Tails: “It’s about time, too. You’ve been asleep for over sixteen hours!”

Amy: “Then why am I so tired?”

Tails: “Rescue missions do that to you.

He winked and gently pushed her down. He dipped the rag in the glass of
water and replaced it on her head.

Amy: “What happened?”

Tails: “Well I wasn’t there for all of it. Actually I woke up only a few minutes before you guys showed up.” He laughed. “So why don’t you tell me what you remember.”

Amy: “I remember going to save you. Then Metal Sonic and Shadow showed up. I sent you back here and then fought them. Metal Sonic was about to finish me when Sonic jumped in and saved me…” she trailed off. “Is Sonic okay?” she asked urgently.

Tails: “Calm down. Sonic’s fine. We’re just worried about you.”

Amy: “Me?”

Tails: “Yeah you’re the one who was subjected to Metal Sonic’s attack for six minutes! Don’t you remember?”

Amy nodded. How could she forget? The pain had been excruciating. She was suddenly aware of the many scars across her body.

Tails: “Anyway, everyone’s waiting for you down at the beach.”

Amy: “Everyone?”

Tails: “Of course. You’re the hero!”

Amy sat up too fast and saw spots.

Tails: “Here, let me help.”

Tails helped Amy out of bed. She tried to walk but her legs gave out.
Tails stifled a laugh and picked her up.


Tails flew Amy over the beach. Below, Amy could see the shapes of Rouge, Knuckles, even Shadow were there. Most importantly, she could see Sonic pacing in the sand. Even from hundreds of feet up in the air Amy could tell Sonic was anxious. Amy found it adorable that he was worried about her.

Tails: “Guess who’s here!”

Tails announced as he set her down. Sonic ran up to her immediately and pulled her into a tight hug. And then, slowly and dramatically, he lifted her chin up and kissed her straight on the lips. It wasn’t until much throat-clearing and fake coughing that they finally broke apart. Amy was blushing and she could tell that Sonic was too.

Knuckles went up and clapped Sonic on the back.

Knuckles: “Nicely played.” He teased.

Sonic’s blush deepened.

Rouge: “Anyway…it’s good to see you’re okay.”

Amy: “Thanks,” she said, glad for the subject change.

Knuckles: “Have fun playing hero?”

Sonic nudged Knuckles hard in the stomach.

Knuckles: “What!?”

Amy: “I didn’t expect to see you here, Shadow.”

Shadow: “I was just leaving.” He stood up and stopped a few feet away from Amy. “I’m glad that you’re okay.” He said and smiled slightly before running away.

Rouge: “Wow. What got into him?”

Everyone just shrugged. The rest of the afternoon passed perfectly.
Everyone was in such a good mood that even Knuckles didn’t get angry. Best thing that happened: Sonic’s phone didn’t ring.

Hours later, Rouge and Knuckles left, leaving them alone.

Sonic: “Want to go for a walk?” he asked.

Amy smiled.

Amy: “I’d love to.”

At first they walked in peaceful silence but Amy could tell that something was bugging Sonic.

Amy: “What’s wrong?”

Sonic: “Nothing…”

Amy: “Sonic, you can tell me.”

Sonic: “It’s just…why’d you do it? Why didn’t you let me go?”

Amy: “I knew they would kill you and I can’t imagine what I’d do…without you.”

Sonic: “Did you ever think about what I’d do without you?”

He could tell that Amy hadn’t thought of that.

Sonic: “Amy I love you. I’ve loved you for years now but I just never wanted to
admit it—I was afraid that it would put you in danger.”

Amy: “You…love me?”

Sonic: “Of course I do. What’s not to love?”

Amy: “But you always run away from me…?”

Sonic: “I admit, in the beginning I was a bit annoyed but that’s just because I didn’t know what a great person you were. I’ve loved you for years.” He smiled sheepishly. “I’ve been too afraid to tell you. I wondered whether or not this was a game to you.”

Amy punched Sonic in the arm.

Amy: “Of course it’s not a game! I love you!”

Sonic stopped and pulled her in close. He kissed her eyes, nose, and then made his way up her neck before landing on her lips. They kissed for a minute before he broke apart.

Sonic: “That’s what I hoped you’d say.”

And then he kissed her again. She kissed him back, wishing that she could freeze this moment forever.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment