Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Who Are You?

A story of a young Vampire encountering a human that he befriends. She is held special to him after his brother rejecting him almost entirely, and she somehow finds it in her own soul to accept the mysterious boy whom has roamed and haunted her villa

Chapter 2 - Who Are You?

Chapter 2 - Who Are You?


Chapter Two (Who are you?)



Kianna awoke with the sun as she had for the last fifteen years of her life. She stretched, popping her back and sat up wearily. She stood up shakily, quite pleased that she could put weight on her ankle again. She walked to a closet and slipped into a magenta kimono before tying her hair back in a lose braid that went to the middle of her back. Kianna looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. “I suppose that is the best that I can do for now.” She walked out into the main room of her house where her mother was baking a pie from the berries that Kianna had picked the other day. “Mother when will that pie be ready?” Kianna's mother smiled. “Well it is ready now, but I want to let it cool off first.” Kianna nodded. “When it cools off may I take a piece to one of my friends?” Her mother nodded. “Yes dear. Who is your friend?”

Kianna smiled. “Um, just a boy that I met yesterday…” Kianna's mother smiled kindly. “Ah, well alright dear.” Kianna ran her fingers through her hair as she waited for the pie to cool. Finally her mother took a slice of pie and put it on a plate, then covered it with plastic wrap. Kianna picked up the plate and smiled. “Thank you mother.” She nodded. “It is not a problem.” Kianna walked to the door. “I will be back before dark.” She walked out of the door quickly, hoping to get to the shade of the trees before the sun rose too high. Kianna was hoping that she might run into the vampire that she had seen yesterday. After all, he did save her from dying by that snakebite. She walked up the mountain as she usually did, then took the path that she had taken yesterday. When she got into the clearing she didn't see the vampire, but she decided that it may have been best to wait a while.

She sat down, putting her feet into the water as she stared up at the warm colored sky. Kianna looked into the water and traced her fingers along the surface, barely even making a ripple. “Wow. What a place.” Kianna ran her fingers through her hair. “I need to wash my hair before I go insane.” Kianna pulled up her kimono and slid into the water, trying not to get her kimono wet. She walked along the edge, where it was most shallow over to the waterfall. She put one hand under the water and smiled. “Good. Nice and cool.” Kianna slipped her head underneath the water and let it rush over her black hair. Finally she gave up and just tossed her kimono onto the shore. “Oh well he obviously isn't here so no one will see me anyway…” Kianna slipped her entire body into the water and sighed with relief at the feel of getting cleaner.

After a few minutes of just relaxing, she saw that there was a large, smooth stone underneath the waterfall. She slid onto the stone and after adjusting to the pressure of the water on her body, she laid down, leaving her head out of the water so she could watch the clouds. “Ah, what a relief to be able to relax after being in my hell house for all that time.” Kianna closed her eyes and rested for quite a while nearly falling asleep underneath the rushing water. Kianna felt a strange presence as she opened her eyes and saw the vampire that she had met yesterday, standing in front of the waterfall, on top of the water, staring at her with raised eyebrows. “Well, well. I am surprised that you returned.” Kianna shrieked and covered herself. “Y-Yeah I did…” The boy tilted his head to the side. “Do you always venture into waterfalls in the nude?”

Kianna shook her head and blushed terribly. “No, I didn't think anyone was watching. Could you please hand me my kimono?” The boy nodded and picked up the magenta kimono as he looked at it. “Well I wasn't watching you. I was asleep in a tree, but when I woke up there was a beautiful human just laying under the waterfall so I observed you for a few minutes.” He handed Kianna her kimono and she blushed. “Would you mind turning around?” The boy nodded and turned his back to her as she slid onto the land and changed into her kimono quickly. She wrung out her hair before tossing it over her shoulder and trying to calm her bright red cheeks. “Okay. Thank you.” The boy turned back around and bowed. “No problem.”

Kianna extended her hand. “My name is Kianna. I am sorry that I never properly introduced myself.” The boy took her hand and kissed it, which made Kianna shiver knowing that behind his soft, thin lips there were two long fangs. “Ah, and my name is Akaru, but you may call me Karu.” Kianna blinked. “Akaru? As in Akaru Maiako?” Karu nodded. “Yes that is me.” Kianna gasped. “So it's true, the rulers of the village are demons.” Karu shook his head. “No, only my father is. My mother is the goddess of vampry.” Kianna blinked. “Amazing. I suppose that is why all of the girls in the village are so attracted to you and Konoyukai. They say that you two are devastatingly handsome.”

Karu smiled. “Do you believe them?” Kianna turned crimson. “Well I…um…” Kianna pointed to the slice of pie that was on the ground. “I brought you this as a thank you.” Karu didn't honestly think that was a very good excuse for dodging his question, but then again that pie smelled very good. “Really now?” Karu walked over and sat down by the plate. “Mm, looks delicious.” Kianna nodded slightly and sat down as well. “My mother made it.” Karu sliced into the pie with his claws and ate a piece. “Excellent. Your mother is a great chief. I cook as well. Perhaps you should try my cooking one day.” Kianna nodded. “Yeah, that would be nice…” Karu looked at Kianna and perked a brow. “Is something troubling you?”

Kianna shrugged. “Well… I just always thought that vampires were nothing more than blood thirsty creatures that killed in order to survive… I never imagined that I would meet one as kind and well mannered as you.” Karu smiled. “Well though I do drink blood quite a bit. I have never drank the blood of a human.” Kianna smiled. “Well then I guess I was being rather stereotypical.” Karu nodded. “Yes, but you can't help that you have never met a vampire before.” Kianna smiled softly. “Well you seem nice enough, but you still make me a bit nervous.” Karu watched her carefully. “Why is that?” Kianna blushed. “Your fangs are just kind of threatening, Ya'know?” Karu chuckled and smiled. “Well I can understand that I suppose, but these aren't the form of fangs that I use to take blood.”

Kianna blinked. “Oh?” Karu's fangs suddenly lengthened and became as sharp as razor blades as he smiled. “These are what I use to take blood with.” Kianna's eyes widened as she slowly began moving back. Karu's fangs returned to their usual length as he smiled at Kianna. “You heart… it is beating twenty-seven beats faster than it was before I showed you my fangs.” Kianna met Karu's glance. “You can hear my heart?” Karu nodded. “Certainly. I am a vampire, I like to know how scared I make my victims.” Kianna laughed. “That is a bit strange, but whatever floats you boat I suppose.” Karu's eyes suddenly floated to a necklace that Kianna wore. It was a heart that had a name in it. Kianna saw Karu's hands move to her neck and she shrieked and slapped his hands away.

Karu cringed. “Jesus woman. What was that for?” Kianna shivered. “You were going for my neck!” Karu smirked. “No. If I was going for your neck I would do it like this.” Karu's hands went to Kianna's shoulders as he pinned her to the ground and stared into her eyes. “You see. I don't like it when my victims are sitting up, they have too much power.” Karu got on top of Kianna, straddling her as he put one hand on her face, turning her head to the side. Kianna felt her blood run cold as she began to tremble. She was so scared that she couldn't move as Karu's leaned down toward her neck. Kianna could feel Karu's breath on her skin as his lips went to her neck. She felt his fangs brush against her skin, and just when she expected to feel him bite, he stopped. Karu's lips went to Kianna's ear and he said. “But as I told you before. I have never bitten a human and I do not wish to start now.”

Karu smirked. “I just want to see your necklace.” Karu sat up and pulled Kianna up with him. Kianna had to catch her breath as she looked at him. “It's just a necklace that my older brother gave me before he went off to become a warrior in another realm.” Kianna held the necklace up and Karu read it aloud. “Gray?” Kianna nodded. “Yeah, that is his name.” Karu nodded. “I see. Well next time I will ask before I go for your neck I suppose.” Kianna sighed with relief. “I am just glad that you didn't bite me.” Karu smiled softly. “You have a beautiful heartbeat…” Kianna blushed. “Thank you I suppose.” Karu locked eyes with Kianna. “I could hear the fear in your heart, but mind explaining why your heart skipped a beat when you felt my lips trace across you neck? That is a reaction of pleasure, not fear.”

Kianna turned bright red and had to turn away. “Y-You must be mistaken. I was scared.” Karu smiled. “Maybe, but apparently your neck is very sensetive. I will have to remember that the next time I try to make a move on you.” Kianna pushed Karu over. “Stop that. You are embarrassing me!” Karu sat up and smiled. “Well now that is the point.” Kianna sighed as her blush faded. “Jeez, not even human boys hit on me, so don't you start teasing me about such things.” Karu raised an eyebrow. “Well why on earth don't the human boys like you?” Kianna pointed to her face. “My eyes. Most people say that I have the blood of some sort of strange creature in me and it scares them. Karu looked at her eyes and smiled. “You have very beautiful eyes and they are right, you aren't a full human.” Kianna blinked. “Yes I am.”

Karu shook his head. “No. Your blood smells different.” Kianna's shoulders dropped. “What does my blood smell like?” Karu thought for a moment then smiled. “It smells as if one of your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grandmothers fell in love with a fairy and then the rest of your family stuck with humans, but for some reason the fairy blood is affecting you more than most in your blood line.” Kianna stared at Karu. “You are serious aren't you? Oh my gods, now how am I supposed to get a boyfriend when most of them hate fairies?” Karu smiled. “Find someone who likes fairies. I know that vampires find them the hard-to-get type, and that is always fun.” Kianna rolled her eyes. “Yeah I am gonna be hard to get for you maybe Karu shivered sarcasticly. “Brrr, that was cold.”

Kianna nodded. “Well that is only what you deserve. I am afraid of vampires after all.” Karu pouted. “You are afraid of me?” Kianna nodded. “Especially you.” Karu smirked. “Then why did you draw a picture of me last night?” Kianna blushed bright red. “How did you know?” Karu smiled. “I can't exactly read minds, but I can get images of what others see.” Kianna sighed. “You just look interesting, that's all.” “So you find me attractive?” Kianna shook her head. “No. I do not like vampires.” Karu smiled at her and said gently. “What if you found a human that looked like me?” Kianna thought that over then smiled. “I would most likely fall madly in love with him and seduce him.”

Karu shivered. “Damn. Now I wish that I was a human.” Kianna smirked. “But you aren't. Therefore I am not interested in you.” Karu sniffled. “I feel so neglected…” Kianna rolled her eyes. “Big deal.” Karu smiled and waved his hand over his eyes, turning them a deep, beautiful blue. Kianna blinked. “What the…?” Suddenly Kianna could no longer see Karu's fangs as he smiled. “There, now I am human.” Kianna laughed. “Nice try, but that won't fool anyone.” Karu stood up. “You wanna bet?” Kianna blinked. “What are you planning?” Karu smiled. “A little trip down to the village. You find some girls and we will see if I can fool them.” Kianna crossed her arms and stood. “And what if they see through your disguise?”

Karu shrugged. “I will do you a favor. Whatever you want. I can scare off annoying boys, make you cookies. Whatever you want.” Kianna smiled and nodded. “Sounds good.” Kianna headed down the mountain, but Karu grabbed her arm. “Not so fast. If I win, then I want something as well.” Kianna blinked. “Name your price.” Karu smiled. “You have to sneak out tonight and come back here. There are things that I wish to show you.” Kianna shook Karu's hand. “You got yourself a deal.” Karu smiled and walked down the mountain with Kianna. “So what do you think you want me to do if you win?” Kianna shrugged. “I don't know yet. Maybe I will have you pick berries for me next time so that I don't get bitten by that snake.” Karu smiled. “Well that seems fair I suppose.”

Karu and Kianna walked into the village and she led him over to where a few girls were sitting and gossiping as most girls did. “Hey guys I have someone that I want you to meet.” The girl's looked up. “Who?” Their eyes widened as they saw Karu. “Oh my gods Kianna…”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

RandomGuy on May 30, 2007, 8:58:20 AM

RandomGuy on
RandomGuyok i like the detail alot more in this one u did well on the descriptions. The chr's names i also liked cause thier creative enough but the reactions ur chr's are giving are kinda...not real..if u know what im saying. Maybe its because thier isn't a first chapter up yet but if u where really to have met a vampire im pretty sure standing thier wouldn't be ur reaction on top of that i know life isn't like anime but in real life girls do something other then blush when a guy sees a girl naked. Thier isn't much on how the two really met and if thier intoducing names still it means that had to have just met so the naked thing isn't really real either. Your also suppose to space and then indent after the speaker changes no matter what and u didn't do that at all. Its actually a chore to find who is saying wat. If it where more then 2 ppl it would be pretty impossible since you never specify who is talking when they go back in forth. Overall its got a nice ring to it the title and the plot and all but the chr's true realism is pretty easily fake. I'm not commenting bad because i want to but it helps to see a problem and im pretty sure u don't act like this in real life so how would you expect someone else too even if thier made up. Btw i apologize for my last comment on the other story but it is my opinion after all and i do mean most of the words about it

FATE_The_Pirate on March 12, 2006, 8:28:12 AM

FATE_The_Pirate on
FATE_The_Piratemmm so good write more on the last chapter ^_^ ~FATE the Pirate