Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Vampires and Apples Don't Mix

A story of a young Vampire encountering a human that he befriends. She is held special to him after his brother rejecting him almost entirely, and she somehow finds it in her own soul to accept the mysterious boy whom has roamed and haunted her villa

Chapter 3 - Vampires and Apples Don't Mix

Chapter 3 - Vampires and Apples Don't Mix


Chapter Three (Vampires and apples don't mix)



Kianna smirked at Karu. “Hmm, this obviously won't last long.” One of the girls grabbed Kianna. “Hunny tell us his name. He is so hot.” Kianna blinked. “Say what now?” Karu smiled sweetly. “My name is Karu. I am visiting my old friend Kianna.” All of the girls sighed in unison. “That is so thoughtful.” Kianna rolled her eyes. “Yeah, but don't you notice anything strange about him?” One of the girls laughed. “Yeah, he is so cute that it should be illegal.” Kianna could've cried as Karu smiled at her mockingly. “I guess I will be seeing you tonight then.” Kianna sighed. “And what if I can't come?” Karu pat her head. “Then I will break into your house and drag your @$$ out.” Kianna sighed as she rolled her eyes. “Fine, fine.” She smiled at the girls that were still practically drooling over Karu. “Hey I have to spilt girls.”

The girls all waved to Kianna as she walked away, followed quickly by Karu. “Hmm, your friends seem to like me.” Kianna nodded. “Yeah, because they aren't very picky.” Karu pouted. “You realize that I don't consider you out of reach of my charm either. I actually enjoy a good challenge.” Kianna stopped and stared at Karu. “What would you get out of winning me over anyway? My blood?” Karu laughed and met her gaze. “Not at all. I just would enjoy getting my first kiss from a beautiful girl.” Kianna turned bright red. “I don't know what you are talking about. You did say beautiful after all.” Kianna walked faster down the street and Karu grabbed her arm. “Yes I said beautiful and as I said before. I like fairies.”

Kianna turned away. “I am not a fairy I am a human with a fairy ancestor… just get used to it.” Kianna walked to her house and looked at Karu. “What time do you want me to go to the mountains?” Karu scratched his head. “Around midnight tonight.” Kianna nodded. “Okay, a deal is a deal. I will be there.” Karu smiled and bowed. “Mm, I look forward to it.” Kianna walked inside and into the kitchen. “Hello Mother I am back.” Kianna's mother smiled happily. “Oh good. Do you mind cleaning up the house?” Kianna shook her head. “No I don't mind.” Kianna took a broom from a closet and began to clean the house as instructed. Kianna cleaned up the entire house then went to the kitchen to help her mother cook. After she had eaten her dinner it was around eight thirty at night. Kianna returned to her room and laid down on her bed, setting her alarm clock to go off at eleven thirty.

Kianna had no problems getting to sleep and she honestly didn't want to get up at eleven thirty, but she knew that she had to. She stood up wearily and changed into black shorts and a white tank top instead of her kimono. Kianna opened her window silently and slipped out of her house into the empty streets of the village. She ran swiftly through the streets and into the forest in the mountains to avoid being seen. Once she had finally gotten there she was a bit tired so she drank some of the water, cupping her hands to do so. “Well now fancy seeing you here.” Kianna looked up at Karu and smiled. “What a lucky run in.” Karu walked over to her and smiled. “Sorry that I got you out here so late.” Kianna shrugged. “It is not big deal, but what did you want to show me?”

Karu smiled. “Well now, we have to wait a few more minutes before it happens…” Kianna blinked. “Before what happens?” Karu stared up at the crescent moon and then looked over at the waterfall. “Now.” Suddenly the water began to glow an eerie silver and singing could be heard as small, multicolored lights began dancing around in the air. Kianna raised a brow. “What the…” A light came closer to Kianna and landed on her hand. It was a small woman that was glowing blue. “Karu is this the one you spoke of?” Karu nodded. “Yes she is.” The woman hugged Kianna's finger. “Yes, I can sense that she has our blood in her.” Kianna's eyes widened. “You're a… fairy…” The woman nodded. “Yes, yes and so are you.” Kianna shook her head. “Do I look like a fairy to you?” The woman smiled and suddenly a beautiful green dress appeared on Kianna and elaborate jewelry covered her body.

“Now you look like one.” Kianna felt very strange as the fairy smiled. “You are beautiful.” Kianna blushed as she looked at her reflection in the water. Her long ebony hair seemed to be blowing in a breeze that was only affecting her. Though the dress was simple, it hugged her body and made her appear just like a fairy. “I…” Karu smiled. “You see now?” I told you that you were a fairy.” Kianna took a deep breath as the fairies seemed to fade away to tend to their own business. “I guess that you were right….” Karu grinned, “Of course I was.” Kianna looked at herself and smiled. “So Karu are you turned on now that I am a fairy?” Karu smirked. “Hmm, I really don't know.”

Kianna laughed. “You are a liar.” Karu shrugged and walked over the water, stretching a bit. “Kianna come here.” Kianna laughed. “I can't walk on water.” Karu grabbed her and pulled her on top of the water. “It appears that you can. When you come up here your magickal energy is awakened.” Kianna walked around a bit absolutely amazed that she was standing on the surface of the water. Karu smiled as he watched her glide over the surface of the water. “You are very graceful…” Kianna shook her head and giggled. “Not in the least Karu…” Karu walked over to Kianna and grabbed her hand. “Follow me.” Kianna blinked as Karu led her to the smooth stone that the waterfall splashed upon.

Karu stood up on the stone and pulled Kianna underneath the water with him. “Karu I don't want to get wet. I might catch a cold.” Karu laughed as the water pounded down upon them, soaking them both to the bone. “You aren't going to catch a cold.” The waterfall suddenly began glowing different colors around them as Kianna blinked. “What is going on?” Karu shrugged. “I don't know. Maybe it is your fairy energy.” Kianna shook her head and laughed, “I highly doubt that Karu.” Karu looked Kianna straight in the eyes and smiled softly. “Do not doubt the magick of a fairy. It is mysterious as is the magick of a vampire.” Kianna crossed her arms and shook her head. “Well Karu I am sure that you have the vampiric magick figured out.” Karu shook his head. “No, I have only a small range of understanding about vampiric magick…”

Kianna smiled and blushed slightly as she noticed that Karu was gazing at her with great interest. “What all do you know about your own magick?” Karu thought for a moment and chuckled. “I know that we are blessed with strangely good looks and when we touch someone they find it difficult to move.” Kianna touched Karu's arm as if testing this and laughed. “I can still move.” Karu wrapped his arms around Kianna's waist and gazed into her eyes. “Not that kind of touching Kianna. This kind.” Karu suddenly kissed Kianna and she felt as if she had gone into shock. When Karu finally moved away he smiled. “See? You didn't move.”

Kianna clenched her fist. “Well unfortunately for you. Now I can move.” Kianna brought her hand up and slapped Karu hard. Karu chuckled as he touched his face. “Ouch, what a feisty lil' fairy.” Kianna rolled her eyes. “Karu I told you that I am not interested in vampires so just leave it.” Karu smirked. “But now you will be even more of a prize when I finally win you over.” Kianna stuck her tongue out at Karu. “Fat chance.” Karu put his hands behind his head and shrugged. “Maybe so, but I still have a chance, yes?” Kianna's eyes seemed to scan Karu quickly. “Maybe a little, tiny, microscopic chance, but don't count on it.” Karu chuckled. “Well that is better than nothing I suppose.”

Kianna jumped out of the waterfall and Karu followed her. “Did I upset you that much?” Kianna shook her head. “No, I am just tired. I am headed off to catch some sleep.” Kianna wrung her hair out then tossed it over her shoulder. “Kianna will you come back tomorrow?” Kianna shrugged. “Perhaps, but most likely I will have to wait a day.” Karu nodded. “Alright I suppose…” Kianna looked at Karu for just a moment more before asking. “Karu, what possessed you to try and kiss me?” Karu chuckled. “You just looks so pretty and… your clothes are clinging to your body.” Karu winked. “Rawwrr. Sexy lil' thing.” Kianna's mouth dropped open. “AKARU MAIAKO I have never been so disgusted in my life!”

Karu smirked. “Really? Wow you should meet my brother.” Kianna's eyes narrowed. “Goodbye Akaru. I will see you in a few days if you are lucky!!!” Karu laughed. “Well I will see you then my feisty fairy.” Kianna turned away from him and walked out of the clearing, through the woods and down to her house. Kianna stelthfully snuck through her window and crawled back into her bed. “The nerve of him. Kissing me then…then…growling at me!” Kianna pulled the covers over her head. “Arrrggg! He is so immature!” After muttering to herself for a few more minutes Kianna finally fell asleep and stayed snuggled into her bed until her little brother had to come wake her up. “Kianna! Momma says get up before she has to come in here herself!”

Kianna groaned. “I don't wanna!” He pulled the covers off of her and smirked. “Ya have to, plus Mama is real mad at you.” Kianna sat up; looking dazed. “Mad at me?” She stood and slipped into a plain blue kimono before she ran her fingers through her hair and went into the kitchen. “Hello mother…” Kianna's mother turned to her, tapping her fingers on the kitchen counter. “Don't even try playing innocent with me Kianna. Mr. Kortuno saw you sneaking through the town last night around twelve-thirty!” Kianna felt the color drain from her face as she gulped. “Yeah you are soooooo beyond busted!” She wiped her hands off on her apron. “You are grounded.” Kianna's mouth dropped open. “What!?”

She sneered. “You are grounded. Now get to your room.” Kianna sighed and walked off. “Okay Mom.” Kianna threw herself back onto her bed, staring up at the ceiling as if it could solve all of her problems. “I can't believe I got caught.” Kianna whimpered. “Grounded… I can't leave the house for who knows how long.” She flipped over and began screaming into her pillow to let her anger out.

(Three days of not coming out of her room except for meals, chores, and school later) Kianna bit into a crisp apple that she had taken into her room from the kitchen. She leaned back against her wall and closed her eyes. “Mm, nothing like home grown apples…” Kianna felt a soft breeze on her face and she paused. “I didn't open a window…” Kianna suddenly felt the apple that she had been holding being snatched out of her hands and she heart a loud crunch. “Wow. There is nothing like homegrown apples! Eeek! My fangs are stuck!” Kianna's eyes shot open to see Karu struggling to pull the apple off of his fangs. “Karu what are you doing in my room!?”

Karu stared at her as if it was obvious what he was doing there then ignored her and continued trying to struggle with the apple. Kianna rolled her eyes and ripped the apple off of his fangs. “Now answer my question. What are you doing in my room?” Karu popped his jaw then stared at her blankly. “You said you'd be back within two days if I was lucky. Why aren't you back yet?” Kianna sighed. “Grounded.” Karu laughed. “You're grounded? What for?” Kianna threw the apple over her shoulder into a trashcan. “My mom found out that I snuck out and grounded me.”

Karu looked quite disappointed and made a circle on the bed with his claws. “So it is my fault. You wouldn't have gotten caught if I hadn't made you come back?” Kianna shrugged and nodded. “Yeah, that is about right.” Karu sighed. “Kianna I am so sorry. Is there anything I can do to make it up?” Kianna began to shake her head, then smiled. “Yes. Actually there is something that I would like you to do for me.” Karu looked up at her and looked slightly relieved. “What is it?” Kianna scooted closer to Karu and he began blushing. “Yeeeeeeessss?”

Kianna smiled gently. “Tomorrow night you have to come back here around six, and I want you to wear something formal.” Karu tilted his head to the side. “Uh-huh… Dare I ask why?” Kianna laughed. “Because you are going to be my date to the school dance.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment