Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - A School Dane and A Loving Brother

A story of a young Vampire encountering a human that he befriends. She is held special to him after his brother rejecting him almost entirely, and she somehow finds it in her own soul to accept the mysterious boy whom has roamed and haunted her villa

Chapter 4 - A School Dane and A Loving Brother

Chapter 4 - A School Dane and A Loving Brother


Chapter Four (A school dance and a “loving” brother)



Karu looked so surprised that Kianna began to laugh. “A school dance? But you hate vampires…” Kianna nodded. “True though that may be, I don't have a date, and you are way more good looking than any boy at my school. Plus no one notices that you are a vampire, so you are perfect!” Karu blinked and blushed worse. “Well I guess I will clear up my schedule tomorrow…” Kianna smiled and nodded. “Please do.” Karu looked at Kianna for a moment before he began shuffling around her room, as if looking for something. Kianna watched him for a minute before asking. “Karu, what in blue blazes are you doing?” Karu looked back at her. “I am looking for a tape measurer.”

Kianna stared at him blankly and then pulled one out from her bed-stand drawer. “Why do you need it?” Karu smiled and snatched it from Kianna's hands. “Cause I am gonna see if I can get my bro to sew you a dress.” Kianna's eyebrows raised. “You brother sews?” Karu nodded and began taking Kianna's measurements. “Yeah. He used to make dresses all the time for….” Karu folded the tape measurer and Kianna looked at him curiously. “For who?” Karu sat on Kianna's bed. “His old girl friend, but she died a long time ago.” Kianna's smile faded. “Oh…I'm very sorry.”

Karu shrugged. “Don't be. You didn't know.” Kianna sighed and smiled softly. “Okay then.” Karu stood up and put his hands in his pockets. “Well I had better get going and beg my bro to make your dress.” Kianna smiled. “Thanks Karu.” Karu jumped onto the windowsill. “I guess I will see you around six then Kianna. Have a good evening.” Kianna nodded as she watched Karu disappear out the window and slip through the town unnoticed.” Kianna sighed and stood up. “Now for the next challenge…” Kianna hesitantly walked out of her room and down the hall until she reached the living room, where her mother was seated on the couch.

Her mother looked at Kianna. “Kianna is something wrong?” Kianna nodded and sat down by her mother. False tears coming to her eyes. “Y-Yes Mommy. Tomorrow is my school dance and my…crush, asked me out, but, but…. I am grounded because I was so disobedient!” Kianna began crying hysterically into her hands as her mother patted her back. “Oh Kianna…. Well if you promise to do extra chores tomorrow… I will let you go.” Kianna looked up at her mother with big eyes. “Oh thank you mother!” Kianna threw her arms around her neck and hugged her warmly.” Kianna's mom smiled. “No problem sweetie…”

Kianna stood up quickly. “Oh I must go tidy up!” Kianna bounded through the house and into the bathroom where she immediately began running hot water in the bathtub and pouring rose, scented bubbles into the steaming water. Kianna took off her clothing, placing them in different baskets for lights and darks.

“Mom is so awesome.” Kianna turned off the water and slipped into the warm bath, sighing with relief as the warmth washed over her. “Mm, this is heaven.” Kianna took a long, luxurious bath that lasted nearly an hour after washing her hair, shaving her legs and everything else.

Kianna stood and drained the water, then stepped out of the bathtub and immediately began drying herself off with a towel. She blow-dried her hair, then curled the tips as she wrapped the towel around herself and walked back into her room. Kianna looked over at a clock that read 5:55PM and she smiled. “Good. He should be here any minute.” Kianna sat down on a stool, placed in front of her desk that had on it, a mirror and more make-up than she could use in a lifetime. Kianna looked at herself in the mirror before she felt a breeze and looked over her shoulder to where Karu stood.

He was dressed in all black, his shirt hugging his body just enough to show off his well-toned muscles. His raven-black hair was tied back in a tight ponytail, and his normally steel-gray eyes had turned a deep, beautiful blue to make him appear more human, though his looks were still far to perfect to be that of a normal human. Karu walked over to her and handed her a gorgeous, deep purple, silk dress that had a sliver mist wrapping around it, and huge, majestic ravens flying over it. Kianna gasped and took the dress. “It is so beautiful! You brother is a miracle worker!”

Karu smiled. “Yeah he is, and he told me to tell you that you have a beautiful body.” Kianna blushed. “Well tell him that I said thank you.” Karu nodded. “I will. Now get dressed if you would.” Kianna stared at him blankly. “Turn around.” Karu let out an exasperated sigh as he turned around and Kianna slipped into the dress. Tying the huge, black sash around her. Kianna flipped her hair and sat down in front of the mirror as she began quickly, but carefully putting on make-up. “Okay Karu, you can turn around.” Karu turned around on his heals and his eyes widened as his cheeks turned bright red.

Kianna's face was flawless. She had on light purple eye shadow with black eyeliner and mascara enhancing her gorgeous magenta eyes. Her lips were painted dark red and her face sparkled in the light. Karu shook his head to try and straighten his thoughts. “Kianna, you look amazing.” Kianna smiled. “Glad you think so. Now let's go to the dance.” Karu nodded and slipped out the window as Kianna walked down the hallway. “Kianna, my goodness you look beautiful!” Kianna smiled at her mother. “Oh, thank you mother. I hope my date thinks so. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Kianna opened it as Karu smiled. “Hello my dear Kianna. Are you ready to go?” Kianna nodded and took Karu's arm. “Bye Mom.” “Goodbye sweetheart!”

Kianna laughed. “My mother is priceless…” Karu nodded. “Indeed she is.” Kianna began walking toward the school, but Karu pulled her back. “If you think someone looking this fine is going to walk, you are mistaken my dear.” Karu whistled as out of nowhere a horse and carriage appeared. “You have got to be kidding me.” Kianna's eyes were wide as Karu opened the door and she walked into the carriage. Taking a seat inside on the soft, velvet seats. Karu took a seat across from her as the carriage started up and he leaned back. Kianna seemed jumpy as she rubbed her wrists and looked around. Karu opened one eye to look at her. “Kianna is something wrong?”

Kianna smiled softly. “No. I just…. I feel out of place.” Karu laughed. “Ah, so my little village girl is not used to riding in a horse drawn carriage with a boy that obviously is highly interested in her?” Kianna blushed. “No I am not used to it…” Karu laughed. “Well just relax. I assure that you will have a pleasant evening.” Kianna smiled. “Alright Karu. I am trusting you.” Karu nodded then moved over beside Kianna and smiled.” Hmm, I feel rather bad that my brother is surpassing me as far as gifts go. I suppose I must do something about that.”

Karu took something out of his pocket and moved Kianna's hair behind her shoulders as he secured the clasp of a beautiful necklace that was made of diamonds and made Kianna glow even more than before.” Kianna fingered the necklace slightly. “Karu it is beautiful…” Karu smiled. “I am glad that you think so Kianna.” Kianna began blushing as she noticed Karu gazing into her eyes. She had never seen anyone look at her like that before. It was as if he was looking right into her soul. Karu carefully began leaning in toward Kianna and she closed her eyes.

The next thing Kianna felt was the carriage pulling to a stop and Karu taking his hand off of her shoulder. “Ah. I believe that we are at the school.” Karu stood and leapt out of the carriage. Holding the door open for Kianna to slip out of. Kianna smiled and motioned toward the large, brick building that had music booming from within it. “Welcome to my school.” Karu scratched his head. “Is it always this loud?” Kianna laughed and shook her head. “No. They are just playing music for the school dance.” Karu nodded. “Oh, I suppose that makes sense…”

Kianna nodded and began walking toward the school, quickly followed by Karu. There were greeters at the door, one of them looking at Kianna with wide eyes and handing her a flower. “Have a nice time at the dance miss…” Kianna smiled and nodded. “I am sure that I will.” Karu looked around the gym, where hundreds of students were all dancing and eating food. He sniffed the air. “They… are all humans.” Kianna nodded. “Yep. No vampires, demons, elves, angelics, or fairies.” Karu sighed. “How boring…” Kianna smiled. “It is more exciting than you may think. Now then, what do you want to do first?”

Karu shrugged. “I guess I would like to meet some of your human friends…” Kianna nodded. “Alright. I will introduce you.” Karu smiled. “Alright.” Kianna took Karu's arm and led him over to where a group of children were gathered. Laughing to themselves and socializing. “Hey guys. I want you to meet my date.” The students turned around. All of them got strange looks on their faces. The girls began squealing excitedly and the boys simply perked a brow. The first to speak out was a boy who looked like he might be a gothic. “Hmm, I haven't seen him around here before.”

“Is he from a different school?” Karu nodded. “Yes, I go to the White Shadow Academy.” The boy's eyes widened. “Dude. You have got some real guts. That school lets all creatures attend! Have you ever seen a real demon?” Karu laughed and nodded. “Yes, actually I am good friends with one.” Everyone seemed quite impressed with Karu as he told more about the different creatures that attended his school. After a few minutes however, Karu turned to Kianna and smiled. “So, do you want to dance my dear?” Kianna blinked. “Err… Sure.”

Karu chuckled and took her hand as he led her out onto the dance floor. “So do you waltz? Tango? Slow dance?” Kianna shook her head. “I am not used to doing `real' dances.” Karu nodded slightly. “Slow dance it is.” Karu gently took both of Kianna's hands and placed them on his shoulders before putting his own hands on her waist. “Alright Kianna, now repeat after me. Forward, back, slow, fast, fast, slow.” Kianna tilted her head slightly and repeated. “Forward, back, slow, fast, fast, slow.” Karu nodded. “Good. Now move with me and think of what you just said.”

Karu suddenly pulled Kianna forward slowly, then moved back a bit faster, then stepped to the right slowly and went forward again quickly. Kianna smiled. “I think I get it.” Karu nodded. Then just keep moving with me.” Karu led Kianna through five or six different dances before Kianna got tired and asked for a break. Karu walked over toward where a buffet style table was set up with many different dishes. “Hmm…” His dark blue eyes scanned over the food and he finally grabbed a few slices of pizza and a soda. Kianna did the same and walked over to where Karu had already seated himself before a few of her good friends.

Kianna slid in beside Karu and opened her soda, drinking it down quickly. Karu carefully ate his pizza, as if not wanting to eat it so fast that it might be rude. He took a slow drink of his soda before one of the girls asked. “So… Karu do you have someone special in your life?” Karu looked up at her. “Someone… special?” She nodded. “Like a girl friend. If not I would love to get to know you better.” The girl winked and Kianna immediately felt Karu's muscles tense. “I…umm… she is…” Kianna took another swig of her drink before saying. “I am Karu's girl friend.”

The girl and Karu both stared at Kianna. “Oh, you are? Sorry Kianna, I thought I was bout to get me some action.” Kianna smiled. “Sorry.” Karu looked at Kianna curiously before leaning close to her so that only she could hear him. “Why did you cover for me?” Kianna shrugged. “Because I don't want anyone to find out that I am friends with a vampire.” Karu nodded. “Ah, I see.” Karu leaned back against the booth and closed his eyes, resting. Kianna watched him for a few minutes before asking. “Hey Karu. Are you alright?”

Karu shook his head. “No. I need blood. I am really thirsty.” Kianna's pupils dilated. “Then we should go. Maybe we can find a raccoon or something…” Karu nodded and stood up shakily. “Yeah. Sure…” Karu walked out the doors, rather surprised to feel Kianna clung onto his arm as if she was actually his date. He walked outside and headed into the carriage again. Kianna sat by him and heard his breathing becoming shallower as her eyes filled with concern and the carriage set off, fast toward the woods. Karu's face turned paler than Kianna had ever seen it as his body began to tremble slightly.

“Karu, please just hold on a little longer…” Karu gulped and shook his head as he handed her a cell phone. “Please call my brother. He is on speed-dial.” Without warning Karu suddenly let out a painful gasp and fell onto the floor of the carriage as Kianna nervously went to speed-dial #1. Labeled simply. “Bro.” Kianna pressed send as she put the cell to her ear and listened. After about three wrings she heard a voice at the other end. His voice was very smooth, but not as kind as Karu's as he said sharply. “Karu what do you want now?”

Kianna's voice trembled as she said shakily. “I-I'm not Karu. My name is Kianna and I was with Karu today. He just passed out and said that he needs blood. He asked me to call you so please help.” Silence. Finally he replied. “Alright. Stay where you are and I will be there in one moment…” Kianna nodded and hung up the phone, then kneeled down beside Karu and put her hand on his forehead. Kianna actually had to pull her hand away, for his fever was ablaze and Kianna had never felt anything like it before. Kianna began to cry silently. She was very scared, for she had never been in such a dire situation in her entire life, and she wasn't ready for it.

Minutes passed. Nothing happened. All that Kianna could hear was Karu's short, shaky breaths. Suddenly there was a loud flapping sound and a thud on the roof of the carriage. Kianna trembled and waited, as she heard footsteps, then a soft thump on the ground. Suddenly the door to the carriage was jerked open as a boy stared down at her with two, emerald green eyes that were full of malice, hatred, and the smallest bit of concern.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment