Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - It's A Pony!

A story of a young Vampire encountering a human that he befriends. She is held special to him after his brother rejecting him almost entirely, and she somehow finds it in her own soul to accept the mysterious boy whom has roamed and haunted her villa

Chapter 6 - It's A Pony!

Chapter 6 - It's A Pony!


Chapter Six (It's a Pony!)



Kianna slept well into the morning the next day and when her mother came to wake her up, she immediately knew that something was wrong. Kianna's face was pale and she had dark rings under her eyes as if she had been drained of a large amount of energy in a short period of time. “Kianna, my goodness you look terrible. Are you sick?” Kianna looked up at her mother and nodded slightly. “Sick… yeah…” She sat down on Kianna's bed and felt her forehead. “Oh my dear, you need to relax. Go back to bed and I will bring you some soup later.” Kianna nodded slightly and then leaned back against the backboard of her bed. “Damn it Karu I am weak from you sucking my blood…”

“Well SORRY Kianna…” Kianna looked over to where Karu was perched on her windowsill, looking rather distraught. “Karu why are you at my house?” Karu jumped down and smiled. “Cause I knew you would be ill today. I brought you a get well present though.” Kianna rolled her eyes. “What is it?” Karu handed her a stuffed llama and smiled. “It's a pony!” Kianna stared at Karu blankly. “Karu… that is a llama…” Karu blinked. “Oh? Damn…” Kianna took the llama and hugged it. “Thanks anyway Karu.” Karu smiled and blushed. “You are welcome Kianna.”

Kianna stared up at her ceiling for a moment before saying. “I can not believe I missed….” Karu tilted his head to the side slightly. “Missed?” Kianna smirked. “Last night… when I tried to slap you after you…” Karu finished her sentence. “Kissed you?” Kianna nodded. “Yeah…” Karu sat down on the edge of Kianna's bed and grinned proudly. “I am just really fast.” Kianna rolled her eyes. “Big whoop…. I just don't see why you did it…” Karu shrugged. “Because I like you.” Kianna rolled her eyes. “Well no dip. You obviously are attracted to my fairy-like looks…”

Karu laughed. “No my dear. I didn't mean just liking how you look. I like you for who you are.” Kianna felt her cheeks heat up and she stared downward and mumbled something under her breath. Karu chuckled at her bright red face and put his hands behind his head. “Ya know, you actually seem to be warming up to me too Kianna. Or will you not admit that?” Kianna looked at Karu and said plainly. “I refuse to admit to such nonsense.” Karu sighed. “Mhm, I had a feeling you'd say that…” Kianna looked over at Karu, whose shoulders had dropped slightly.

His eyes were even sad. They were a deeper gray now and not even his faint smile could hide his disappointment. Kianna suddenly felt quite sorry for Karu as she punched him in the shoulder playfully. “Aw c'mon Karu. I like you as a friend, you know that!” Karu looked up at Kianna. She was smiling so radiantly that he couldn't help laughing. “Oh, well I am very glad my dear Kianna.” Kianna sighed slightly. “Good Karu, now if you don't mind, I need to get some rest. Blood loss makes me sleepy.” Karu nodded and got off of Kianna's bed. “I will come back later tonight. I will try to bring some sort of medicine.”

Kianna smiled at Karu and laid down; hugging her stuffed llama to her chest. “Okay Karu. Goodnight.” Karu disappeared out the window, but left it open so that Kianna could feel the breeze. Kianna smiled softly and closed her eyes. Within minutes she fell asleep, not even waking to her mother constantly checking up on her throughout the day. When Kianna finally did awake, it was just before sunset. She sat up slowly, stretching her muscles before letting out a loud yawn and looking around. “Hmm, I wonder what is for dinner…” Kianna stood up shakily and walked into the kitchen where her mother was busily cooking. She looked at Kianna and her eyes lit up. “Oh Kianna you are up. Are you feeling alright?”

Kianna smiled and nodded. “Yes mother I am doing just fine now. She walked over to the stove and sniffed the air. “Mm, what is that?” Kianna's mother chuckled. “It is beef stew silly. It will be ready in a moment. You go back in your room and I will bring some to you in a bit.” Kianna laughed softly to herself. “Alright Mom, I'll be in my room.” Kianna casually strode into her room and sat down at her desk. She looked over at the black rose that Karu had left her the night before and she gently touched the petals. “Such a pretty flower…” Kianna looked at it for a moment before saying. “I wonder why it hasn't wilted yet…” There was suddenly a knock at her door, distracting her from the thought as she looked back over her shoulder.

“Come in.” Kianna's mother walked in, carrying a tray with a huge bowl of beef stew, a slice of thick, buttered bread, and a glass of apple juice. Kianna' s eyes lit up. “Oh it looks delicious!” Her mother smiled and put the tray down in front of Kianna. “Why thank you sweet heart. You eat as much as you want.” She chuckled pleasantly before walking back out into the kitchen, leaving Kianna to her food. Kianna grabbed a spoon and immediately began scooping the warm stew into her mouth as if she hadn't eaten in days. It took barely twenty minutes for Kianna to finish her meal, then she slowly drank down her apple juice. “Mm, mm, I love Mom's cooking.”

Kianna leaned back in her chair and sighed happily. “Ah, I am stuffed!” “Aw, and I was hoping you would try my newest desert.” Kianna leaned her head back to see Karu standing behind her holding a tray of steaming cookies. Kianna smelled the air and nearly drooled. “Oh I suppose I can fit down a bit more!” Karu laughed and put down the tray in front of Kianna. It had things ranging from, chocolate chip cookies, to peanut butter cookies, to sugar cookies, to steaming brownies and everything in between. “My gods Karu how did you make all of these!?” Karu winked. “Magick of course” Kianna squealed excitedly and grabbed a brownie, munching it down happily as she began humming. Karu watched her with a proud look on his face. “So, do you think I can cook?”

Kianna looked at him, dumbfounded. “Hell yes I think you can cook. These are the best brownies and cookies that I have ever had!” Karu seemed to glow with pride. “I am very glad that you approve.” Kianna ate a few more cookies before wiping off her mouth and finishing her drink. “Karu you really need to open a bakery or something.” Karu smiled. “Do you think so?” Kianna stood and ran her fingers through her hair. “Uh huh, you could make millions I bet.” Karu looked at her and chuckled. “I have no use for money.” Kianna stared at him blankly.

“Why not?” Karu shrugged. “I have always had everything that I need in my house. I wouldn't even come down to the village if not for you.” Kianna blinked. “What do you mean, for me?” Karu sat down on Kianna's bed and looked at the ceiling thoughtfully. “Hold on, let me think how you humans say it. I am crushing on you? Is that right?” Kianna turned bright red and had to turn around so as to hide her embarrassment. “C-Crushing?” Karu smiled. “I will assume from your bright red cheeks that you understand?” Kianna nodded. “Umm, yes…”

Karu looked at Kianna happily. “I am glad that you understand.” Karu perked a brow. “But why is it that you are blushing and will not look me in the eye?” Kianna had to let her blush die down a bit before turning back around to face Karu. “Cause it is embarrassing!” Karu tilted his head to the side. “Why?” Kianna gawked. “Because no one has ever had a crush on me before, and it is weird!” Karu smiled. “Oh, so you are shy and nervous. I see now.” Karu stood up and walked to Kianna, staring straight into her eyes. “But are you afraid of me?”

Kianna tried to avoid Karu's eyes, yet she couldn't help being drawn to them. She wanted to say what she had been telling herself all of her life. I hate vampires, and yet what slipped out was not what she had been training herself to say in front of a vampire. “No, not at all. I would trust you with my life.” Karu continued gazing into her eyes. He could tell that she spoke the truth and it caused him to smile. “I am glad that you no longer fear me, even if I am a vampire.” Kianna turned even redder. “I-I can't believe I said that!” She thought. Then she felt Karu playfully ruffle her hair. “Aw stop blushing Kianna. You shouldn't be embarrassed.”

Kianna mumbled something under her breath then sighed. “No I guess not… but still… it is freaky deaky dutch.” Karu chuckled. “Hmm, is that what you call it?” Kianna nodded. “Yeah.” Karu looked at Kianna, then out the window. “Hmm….” “Don't even think about it Karu.” Karu looked at Kianna with false innocence. “Think about what? Making you sneak out again?” Kianna nodded. “Yes. I will get caught so I can't.” Karu thought for a moment. “I thought about that, then I remembered a trick that I have.” Kianna blinked. “Trick?”

Karu nodded quickly. “Yes.” He snapped his fingers and suddenly disappeared into thin air. Kianna looked around. “What the…” Kianna suddenly felt a clawed hand on her cheek and she backed away. “What in the seven hells…” Karu's voice was there even though Kianna couldn't see him. “This is my trick. Invisiblity. The reason that you got caught was that someone in the town saw you sneaking out. If they do not see you, then you can not get caught.” Kianna stared into the empty space where she knew Karu was standing. She walked forward slowly.

“But it is freaky… You are just… gone.” Kianna put her hand out and Karu touched it gently. “I am not gone. You just can't see me.” Kianna nodded, feeling Karu's hand somehow helped her become insured. “Alright. I will sneak out, but not for too long. I don't want to be missed.” Karu snapped his fingers and appeared again, right where Kianna knew he had been. “I understand, but you had better go make sure that your mother doesn't bother us.” Kianna nodded and let go of Karu's hand. “Okay. I'll be back in a moment. Kianna turned and walked out of her room, into the hallway.

“Mom!” “I'm in the living room dear!” Kianna walked down the hall, into the living room where her mother was sweeping the floor. “Hey Mommy. I am going to bed early. I feel much better, but please don't disturb me.” Kianna's mother nodded. “Alright Kianna. Have a nice rest.” Kianna smiled softly. “I will Mom…” Kianna turned and headed back into her room, but Karu was no where to be seen. “Karu I know you are here. Show yourself.” Kianna walked to the middle of her room and heard Karu reply. “But that is no fun.” Kianna looked around. “C'mon Karu. Be nice”

Kianna heard Karu chuckle, then felt herself being lifted up. She blinked and struggled to get down. “H-Hey stop that!” All in one moment Kianna felt herself being pulled closer to Karu and knew that he had put the spell on her as well, for she could see him again. Karu beamed down at her and jumped up on the windowsill. “You act as if you have never been held before Kianna.” Kianna blinked. “O-Of course I have Karu, now stop teasing me!” Karu rolled his eyes and out of no where, two huge, majestic, raven black wings sprouted from his back and he leapt into the air. With only a few flaps of his wings they were high into the air, far above the village. Kianna clung to Karu. “Oh my gods we are flying!”

Karu nodded and smiled. “Indeed we are.” Kianna looked around shakily and Karu chuckled. “Are you worried that I'll drop you?” Kianna shook her head. “No, I just… I am nervous.” Karu looked at Kianna curiously. “Oh, are you? It seems that you do not trust me. Let me prove myself to you.” Without warning Karu released Kianna and she began falling toward the ground quickly. Kianna couldn't breath as she watched the beautiful midnight sky and silver clouds become farther away. She reached out toward nothing and let out a cry before closing her eyes tightly and letting a single tear stream down her cheek.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment