Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Dancing 'Til the Sun Comes Up

A story of a young Vampire encountering a human that he befriends. She is held special to him after his brother rejecting him almost entirely, and she somehow finds it in her own soul to accept the mysterious boy whom has roamed and haunted her villa

Chapter 7 - Dancing 'Til the Sun Comes Up

Chapter 7 - Dancing 'Til the Sun Comes Up


Chapter Seven (Dancing until the sun comes up)



Kianna fell a few dozen feet before Karu dove down and caught her swiftly. All Kianna felt were his strong arms holding her close to him as he flew upward again. “You see? I would never let you hit the ground.” Kianna was so shocked that she could barely speak, all she could do was punch Karu in the chest. “How dare you scare me like that Karu! I was scared to death and I…” Suddenly Kianna began screaming and crying into Karu's chest. Karu looked down at Kianna and felt quite sorry. “Kianna I am sorry. I didn't know it would scare you that much…” Kianna clung to Karu more as if not knowing if he would drop her again or not.

Karu sighed and rubbed the sides of Kianna's arms gently. “I am sorry Kianna, please stop crying…” Kianna trembled slightly and looked up into Karu's eyes. “Okay Karu…” Karu blinked. “Oh, thank you…” Kianna seemed to calm down a bit as she settled back into Karu's arms comfortably. Karu sighed with relief and continued flying until he saw the waterfall beneath him. Karu began flying downward very quickly, right toward the water as he said. “Hold your breath Kianna.” Kianna was confused and suddenly understood what Karu was about to do.

Kianna took a deep breath right as Karu pulled in his wings and dove into the water. Kianna felt a lot a pressure around her as the water closed around her. Kianna didn't dare open her eyes, for she knew that she had to stay as calm as possible as Karu stayed down in the water. Finally Karu shot back up to the surface with Kianna in his arms and said. “Whew, what a rush.” Kianna nodded as the water dripped off of her and she blinked. “Well I guess that is one way of putting it…” Karu smiled down at Kianna and walked over to the shore, where he laid her down and sat beside her.

“I love doing that. Me and Kono used to do that all the time when we were kids.” Kianna wrung out her hair and nodded. “I can picture that… but your brother seems pretty mean…” Karu shrugged. “Yeah, he is.” Kianna looked at Karu's face and suddenly ran her fingers over the strange scars that were on his left cheek. “Did he do that?” Karu nodded. “Yep, just a few months ago. We were fighting and he lost control.” Kianna nodded slightly as she looked into Karu's eyes. They contained a lot sadness as he spoke of Kono, and she could tell that it was ripping him apart.

“Karu you really love your brother, huh?” Karu nodded. “Well yeah, he is my best friend… He is all that I have.” Kianna smiled softly. “Yeah I know the feeling, that is how I feel about Gray. I was torn apart when I found out that he was going in another realm to fight… it was just about a year ago, but I really haven't gotten over it.” Kianna smiled softly. “You know, the funny thing is that you are the only person that can make me think of something other than missing him. It is kinda weird.” Karu looked at Kianna and smiled. “You know, perhaps that means you have a crush on me as well.”

Kianna shook her head. “No Karu. I like you as a really good friend… but I don't like you in that way. Karu looked into her eyes and touched her hand. “I think that you are lying. Even without my ability to sense peoples' feelings I can tell that you are lying. Kianna pulled her hand away. “Stop it Karu. I don't like anyone in that way.” Karu put his hand on her shoulder. “It is because you won't let yourself like them. What are you afraid of?” Kianna once again pulled away. “Karu stop it! Don't touch me. I am not afraid of anything.” Sadness filled Karu's eyes as he shook his head. “You are afraid…”

Kianna sighed. “Karu I'm just not really interested in falling in love, okay? I just have to much to do.” Karu looked at her sharply. “Stop lying to me Kianna! Why won't you just admit that you are afraid of being loved! I can see it in your eyes. They are filled with sadness and anger, but I do not understand where it has come from. Why won't you let anyone get close to you?!” Kianna pushed Karu away from her. “Because I hate everyone and they hate me. Now get away from me Karu!”

Before Kianna could react Karu had grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into a kiss. Kianna couldn't move, she could hardly even breath as Karu held her close to him. He finally stopped kissing her, but he still hugged her tightly. “Kianna stop acting as if you don't need anyone. You try to fight your feelings and it is killing you. So just stop it and don't fight me any more.” Kianna didn't know what to say. She was still in shock from the kiss and what Karu had just said hit her like a train. “K-Karu…”

Karu continued holding her to him and his body began to shake slightly. “I am sorry Kianna, but I will not let you continue living like you do. You have no idea how beautiful you are, and you won't let anyone get close to you. I don't care if you hate me for showing my feelings for you, but I am not going to hold them back like you do!” Kianna felt tears swell in her eyes and she dug her fingers into Karu's arm. “Karu please let me go. I want to go home.” Karu looked into Kianna's eyes and shook his head. “I can not do that Kianna. I will not let you go and act as if this never happened.”

“You are not as strong as you pretend to be Kianna…” Kianna tried to push him away. “Karu let me go!” Karu only pulled her closer to him, he placed his head on her shoulder. Kianna continued to struggle, but finally just broke down. Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she said. “I am sorry Karu… I am sorry…” Karu listened to Kianna say she was sorry over and over before he put a finger over her lips and whispered. “Don't be Kianna…” Kianna continued crying and began pouring her heart out to Karu. She told him of how she missed her brother, how she hated her life many times, how no one in her school seemed to want to accept her, how she many times thought of death, and how she needed to be with someone.

Karu nodded and smoothed down her hair. “It is alright Kianna. I will stay with you.” Kianna stayed curled up in Karu's arms and he held her like a small child that had just had a terrible nightmare. Karu was glad that he had finally gotten Kianna to let down her walls, but at the same time he felt terrible for making her accept the embrace of reality. It was after all, his fault that she was trembling in his arms like a terrified little girl. Karu squeezed Kianna gently and she lifted her head, her eyes still glimmering with wet tears as she gulped. “Kianna it grows late, you need rest.” Kianna nodded. “Y-Yes Karu…” Karu gently picked her up and began walking in the opposite direction of the village.

Kianna tugged on Karu's shirt. “Karu this isn't the right way. My house is in the other direction.” Karu continued walking and replied. “We aren't going to your house. We are going to mine.” Kianna shook her head. “N-No Karu, my mother will be upset.” Karu looked down at her as he walked. “I will cast a spell that makes an illusion of you being there. Humans don't know the difference.” Kianna stared downward. “But why can't I just go home?” Karu stared straight ahead. “Because I wish to watch over you for tonight. Besides, I have been to your house many times, yet you have never been to mine.”

Kianna nodded slightly. “That is true, but I still feel uncomfortable…” Karu rubbed her back gently. “It is alright. I will try to make you feel at home.” Kianna watched the winding path until Karu carried her all the way up the mountain, to a huge black mansion. Kianna could hear loud music playing as Karu opened the door and took her inside where there were many people gathered, most of them being women. Everyone seemed to notice Karu's arrival and they all stared like deer in headlights. Karu walked by one boy who looked especially interested in what Karu was up to. “Hello Hashi.”

Hashi smiled. “Yo Karu…. What is with the human?” Karu blinked. “She is my dear friend Kianna.” Hashi laughed. “Looks more like your next victim, or is she your mate?” Kianna looked appalled. “I most certainly am not his mate!” Kono was leaning back against a wall and he said. “Ooooo, can she be mine then?” Karu held Kianna close to him. “No. Mine!” Kianna began laughing. “My goodness aren't we grabby?” Karu shrugged and began walking upstairs. “Not at all. I don't mind fighting over such a beautiful prize.” Kianna sighed. “I am just so loved…” Karu walked all the way to the third floor where he placed Kianna gently on a canopy bed that had black silk sheets.

Everything in the room was painted black and there were even black candles burning around her. “Whoa…” Karu smiled. “This will be your room for the night.” Kianna smiled. “Thanks Karu.” Suddenly Kianna stood up and began walking out. Karu blinked. “Where are you going?” Kianna smiled. “There is a party downstairs silly. How can I ignore that?” Karu shrugged and stood up. “Well okay, I guess I will accompany you since I do not trust any of the men down there.” Kianna laughed and walked down the stairs casually. “Oh Karu how sweet.”

Kianna walked down back into the main party room and Hashi raised his eyebrows. “They return. Guess the girl wanted to party.” Kianna smiled gleefully. “Yep. I need it.” Hashi laughed and began dancing to the beat of the music. “Well okay, I guess that makes sense.” Kianna felt Karu wrap his arms around her and she smiled. “Hey Karu.” Karu smiled. “So you want to party huh?” Kianna nodded and began dancing slowly. “Mhm, I do indeed.” Karu released her and she faced him as she continued to dance. Kianna noticed that many girls seemed to like Karu, for they seemed ready to pounce the second that she turned her head.

Kianna danced closer to Karu and he grinned excitedly, enjoying it quite a lot. Karu looked over to Kono with begging eyes and Kono rolled his eyes and pressed a button on the CD player that switched it to a slightly slower song. Just as Karu had expected Kianna moved even closer to him and he walked behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist as she moved back against him. Karu began blushing as she pressed herself back against him, yet continued dancing. Kianna heard Karu growl playfully and she laughed. “Karu are you getting a bit excited?” Karu shook his head. “N-No please continue dancing… and shaking that fine @$$…” Karu said the last bit quietly enough that Kianna couldn't hear him, but she did exactly what he wanted.

Without warning Hashi came up to Kianna and Karu and said. “Mind if I cut in before Karu here explodes with… happiness?” Karu looked unsure, but released Kianna and let Hashi take her hands gently. “You are a human aren't you?” Kianna nodded. “Yes I am.” Hashi smiled. “That is good, but just a warning. You might wanna be careful around vampires. I hunt them for a living and I know that they can turn on you at any moment.” Hashi spun Kianna and she replied. “Karu isn't like that. He would never hurt me. Heck we aren't even dating.” Hashi sighed. “Even so. He is dangerous. I have seen him and Kono fight, and it is not pretty.”

Kianna smiled. “Well thank you for being concerned, but I trust Karu with my life.” Hashi sighed. “That is your choice…” Hashi bowed and released Kianna back to Karu. “Just be careful…” Karu got back behind Kianna and put his head on her shoulder. “What was that about?” Kianna shrugged. “Oh, nothing.” Karu held Kianna close to him and kissed the back of her neck gently, causing her to shiver. “Karu that tickles.” Karu laughed. “Does it?” Karu began blowing gently on her neck and she leaned back against him, “Yeeeeesss.”

Karu smiled. “Kianna you are quite entertaining.” Kianna looked back at Karu and pressed her body against his. “How so?” Karu gulped, trying to get a hold of himself. “You are beautiful, and smart, and funny, and a GREAT dancer.” Kianna laughed. “Well thank you Karu.” Karu smiled. “You are welcome Kianna…” Karu and Kianna danced close to each other for quite a while before Hashi said. “Yo, we had better get going. Our school has a curfew.” Karu nodded. “Alright. Goodnight Hashi, girls, and Kono.”

They all nodded and departed as Karu smiled at Kianna. “They come over almost every night and do this. You should come over more often. Karu took Kianna's hand and they began walking upstairs. “Yeah I guess I will. That was pretty fun.” Karu nodded and stopped in front of Kianna's room. “Well goodnight Kianna…” Kianna smiled and walked into her room.” Goodnight to you as well Karu.” Karu watched Kianna disappear into the darkness of the room before he sighed and walked down the hall. “I think I am starting to win her over… finally.”

Karu walked into his room and threw himself down on his bed. He watched the sun rise and it's golden rays flow over the mountain like a blanket. Karu's eyes became heavy as he watched, and after a few minutes he gave into sleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment