Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Why We Don't Pet Vampires

A story of a young Vampire encountering a human that he befriends. She is held special to him after his brother rejecting him almost entirely, and she somehow finds it in her own soul to accept the mysterious boy whom has roamed and haunted her villa

Chapter 8 - Why We Don't Pet Vampires

Chapter 8 - Why We Don't Pet Vampires


Chapter Eight (Why we don't pet vampires)



When Kianna awoke the next day it was late afternoon and she took a moment to remember where she was. Suddenly it all came back to her and she sat up, yawning. “What a night…” Kianna stood up, feeling the soft carpet with her bare feet as she walked out into the hallway. “Now where did Karu get to…?” Kianna walked down the hall, looking in every room until she saw a bed that had a lump under the covers and a few strands of long black hair falling over the edge of the bed. Kianna smiled and walked over to the bed. She sat down on it and poked the lump curiously. There was a groan from underneath the covers and it turned over, trying to escape Kianna.

Kianna rolled her eyes and tugged on the covers. “Hey sleeping beauty get up.” The lump stirred in reply and curled into a tight ball as Kianna heard a sharp. “No.” Kianna sighed and jerked the covers off of Karu who hissed and grabbed the covers, trying to yank them back. “Karu get up!” Karu looked up at Kianna and blinked. “Why?” Kianna smiled. “Because it is almost sun set.” Karu shrugged and pulled the covers back over him. “Your point?” Kianna let out another exsasperated sigh and replied. “If I can't sleep this late then neither can you.”

Karu smirked. “I can fix that.” Suddenly Karu grabbed Kianna's wrist and pulled her underneath the sheets with him. “Now sleep.” Kianna blinked. “No.” Karu rolled his eyes. “Is there no pleasing you!?” Kianna smiled. “Nope.” Karu finally sat up, clinging to Kianna. “I don't wanna get up!” Karu frowned and Kianna ruffled Karu's hair. “Please Karu… for me?” Karu blinked. “Well… For you maybe…” Karu got up, yawning slightly as he scratched his head and walked into the bathroom. Kianna sat on the edge of the bed, swinging her legs back and fourth as she waited for Karu to get ready.

Within minutes Karu walked back to her and he looked as if he had spent hours getting himself ready. His hair was in a tight, neat ponytail; his clothes were pressed and ready; his teeth were unnaturally white; and his eyes were as kind as ever. Kianna stood up, circling around him curiously. “Wow you are fast.” Karu shrugged. “I suppose so, to a human.” Karu cracked his neck slightly before asking. “So Kianna are you ready to go back to your home?” Kianna nodded slightly. “Yeah sure, not that I am really looking forward to doing chores….” Karu smiled and chuckled. “Oh poor baby.”

Kianna pouted. “Yes poor baby.” Karu laughed and swept Kianna up into his arms, then walked out onto a balcony and leapt out into the air. Almost immediately, Karu's wings spread out and kept them from falling. Karu flew high up into the air and began swerving around and doing flips. Kianna clung to Karu. “Karu what are you doing?” Karu shrugged. “Just having some fun.” Kianna smiled softly. “Oh I see…” Karu began humming as he turned over onto his back and continued flying. Kianna looked down at him and laughed. “Karu you are crazy.”

Karu grinned. “This I know.” Kianna looked down at the ground where she could see her village. “Oh, there is my house.” Karu turned back over and snapped his fingers as they both became invisible. He dove down into the village, swerving threw the streets until he got to Kianna's house. “Here we are.” Karu landed and jumped in threw the window, gently putting Kianna down on her bed. “Well Kianna I enjoyed having you as company.” Kianna bowed her head. “Yeah, it was pretty fun for me too Karu.” Karu looked around for a moment before snapping his fingers and making Kianna visible again.

Kianna looked to where she knew Karu was still standing and heard him say. “I had best be off. I will come back tomorrow night after you return from school.” Kianna smiled. “Goodbye Karu.” Kianna heard the sound of running and then the flapping of wings as Karu flew off to attend to his business. Kianna sighed and stood up, walking over to her closet where she changed into a new kimono, then headed out to the kitchen. “Hey Mom.” Kianna's mother turned around and smiled. “Hello dear. How are you?” Kianna shrugged. “Okay…”

Her mother wiped her hands off on her aprin before saying. “I hardly saw you at all today. What were you doing?” Kianna blinked. “Err… sleeping?” She smiled. “Oh, I guess you might be tired from being sick yesterday…” Kianna nodded and laughed softly. “Yeah… that is it… Well I am going to go in my room and draw.” “Alright dear. Have fun.” Kianna turned away and walked back into her room. She sat down on her bed and grabbed her sketchbook, sighing with relief. “I guess Karu was right. She didn't even notice that I was gone…”

Kianna took a pencil off of her bedside table and flipped her sketchbook open to a blank page. “Hmm, what should I draw?” Kianna paused and pondered for a moment before snapping her fingers. “Oh I know!” Kianna immediately began to draw on the paper, starting with the narrow face of Kono leaning against a wall. After she finished Kono she drew Karu standing a few feet away with girls staring at him. She then drew Hashi spinning her with a serious look on his face as he said. “Just be careful around vampires.” Once Kianna finished all of the people, she drew in the scenery of the party.

Kianna looked down at her work, beaming proudly. “Man I am good.” She looked around for a moment before grabbing a can and spraying something all over the paper. “Now it won't smudge.” Kianna looked over at her clock and blinked. “Wow, it is nine already and I am not even tired…” Kianna sighed and stared out of her window. “Damn it Karu you've turned me nocturnal and I have school tomorrow.” Kianna laid down on her bed, trying her best to make herself sleepy. She closed her eyes and began counting sheep, though strangely the sheep morphed into vampires, demons, angelics, and everything in between. After what seemed like an eternity, Kianna felt her eyelids becoming heavy.

She smiled happily and snuggled into her bed, and just when she was in between conciousness and the warm caress of sleep, she heard her mother yell. “Get up, time for school!” Kianna could've cried as she sat up and sputtered “B-But… no!” She stood up shakily, hardly able to believe that she had stayed up all night as she stumbled into the main room where her backpack was set out on a chair. Kianna hesitantly picked up her backpack, heavy with her books. “Oh my gods.” Kianna's little brother who was already heading out the door looked at her strangely. “Jesus Kianna you are a wreck.”

Kianna blinked. “Oh I am? Guess it is just lack of sleep…” Kianna sighed and dragged herself out of the house and into the streets of the village that were nearly empty. She walked down the dirt path for two blocks and finally reached her school that she had been going to for three years. Kianna stopped at the doors, sighing dramatically before pushing them open and stepping into the busy, familiar hallways of her school. As Kianna walked to her locker she was greeted by a group of excited girls. “Hey Kianna are you feeling better?” Kianna nodded. “Oh, yes I am. Thanks.”

As Kianna put her backpack away, one of the girls asked. “So Kianna. Tell us more about that Karu person that you were with at the dance.” Kianna chuckled and grabbed some books. “Oh him? Well after the dance we talked for a while and then I went home. The next morning I felt really bad and he came later that day to cheer me up.” The girls all smiled. “Then what?” Kianna shut her locker and looked at them. “I went to his house and stayed there for the night.” All of the girls gasped. “You… slept with him!?” Kianna blushed. “No, no. We slept in different rooms. I just was at his house!”

The girls all sighed with relief. “Good. You had us worried there Kianna.” Kianna laughed and walked down the hall into her English class. “No need to worry. All we did was kiss.” All of the girls shrieked. “You KISSED him!?” Kianna blushed more. “Yes, but I can't tell you any more than that. Class is starting.” Kianna took a seat and for the rest of the class and the day at that. Her friends pestered her nearly to death over Karu. After school Kianna headed quickly home, with arms full of homework for the last two days. As Kianna entered her home she immediately went to her room to get started on her work.

Kianna sat down in front of her desk and pulled out a sheet of lined paper and a pencil. “Okay first assignment… An essay describing my favorite season? This is child's play!” Kianna got to work on it immediately and finished within minutes. “Well that was easy… now math…” Kianna stared down at her work sheet with wide eyes. “Good gods this is not going to be fun.” Kianna spent what seemed like an eternity on the problems, growing more frustrated as she worked. “Jesus you would have to be inhuman to get this!” Suddenly from behind her she heard Karu read out the answers to every problem right off the top of his head.”

Kianna wrote down the answers as quickly as possible, then looked back at him. “You just proved my point Karu.” Karu smiled at her and bowed slightly. “Glad to be of use…” Kianna sighed and stood up, stretching slightly. “Whew, thanks. That was a nightmare.” Karu grinned. “No problem Kianna.” Suddenly Kianna's eyes were drawn to a flask that Karu had in his hands. “What is that?” Karu smirked and took a swig of it's contents. A thick red liquid dripping off of his lips. “Blood.” Kianna cringed. “Ewww!” He tilted his head to the side slightly and raised his eyebrows.

“What is wrong?” Kianna scowled. “How can you drink that?” Karu blinked. “Just like you drink water. It keeps me alive. Though I must admit, your blood tasted much better.” Kianna grabbed her wrist defensively. “Tough luck Karu. You will never taste my blood again.” Karu pouted slightly and drank down more of the blood. “Oh well. I can live with that.” Kianna continued to watch Karu drink and after a moment he licked his lips and looked at her. “What is wrong? Is it that discusting?” Kianna shook her head slightly. “No, it is just… different.”

Karu smiled and held out the flask to Kianna. “Want some?” Kianna stared at Karu blankly. “Blood? Are you nuts Karu? I don't even know what it belongs to.” Karu shrugged. “It is wolf blood. Very delicious. One of my personal favorites.” Kianna cringed. “What does it taste like?” Karu thought for a moment. “Taste like… chicken!” Kianna blinked. “Then what does chicken taste like?” “Weasel.” “And dare I ask what weasel tastes like?” “Chicken.” Kianna rolled her eyes. “Okay I will try it.”

Karu's eyes lit up. “Really? You will?” Kianna gulped. “Yeah…” Karu handed the flask of blood to Kianna and she accepted it with shaking hands. Kianna finally got up the strength to put the flask to her lips, but she began trembling. “I can't do it.” Karu rolled his eyes. “Do you need help?” Kianna stared at Karu. “Help?” Karu slipped his arm behind Kianna and made her lean back as he touched her hand, pouring the blood into her mouth. To Kianna's surprise, she actually swallowed, then shuddered. “Ewww!” Karu laughed and stood Kianna back up. “I am sorry Kianna.”

Kianna looked up at Karu, who had his eyes aimed right on Kianna's lips, where she felt a little bit of blood still dripping. Kianna's eyes widened. “Karu don't you dare!” Karu didn't listen. Instead, he lunged toward Kianna, liking the blood off of her lips, then licking his own lips. “Mm, mm, mm! That is good!” Kianna gawked. “Damn it Karu, why must you always do that to me!?” Karu looked at Kianna and smiled. “Because you are beautiful.” Kianna blushed slightly. “You know, it is getting harder to stay mad at you…”

Karu grinned devilishly. “That is because I am so cute!” Kianna burst out laughing and pet Karu's head. “Oh yeah Karu, sure!” To Kianna's surprise, Karu began nuzzling into her hand like an excited cat. “Ooooo, pet!” Kianna stared at Karu blankly. “You want me to pet you?” Karu nodded. “Yes please!” Kianna hesitantly began scratching behind Karu's ears and he sighed happily. “Yes, purrrfect!” Kianna chuckled. “Karu you weirdo.” Karu nodded and sat down on Kianna's bed as she continued to rub his head and play with his hair.

Karu laid his head on her shoulder as she twirled a few strands of his hair around her fingers. “Wow, your hair is so soft.” Karu smiled and closed his eyes. “Thanks.” Kianna was so content playing with Karu's silky hair that she didn't notice him fall asleep. She looked over at him curiously. “Karu?” Karu didn't even react as he yawned. Kianna poked him in the forehead, but he was out cold. “Uh oh…” Kianna moved slightly, laying Karu down gently on her bed as she sighed. “Lazy.” Kianna stood up, looking down at Karu. “Well I can't move him… I guess I will just have to leave him here.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment