Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Just the Begging

This is actually just a compile of thoughts at the begging, which then evolved into this story. Nearly all of the people that have read it and know me personally see parralelles...I really like it,just Give it an attempt of reading!

Chapter 1 - Just the Begging

Chapter 1 - Just the Begging
















I wake up I'm feeling tired, thoughts consistently going through my head; remember.. Don't forget to.. Am I going to.. Talk to the.. Do your.. tell them that… “BLEEP,BLEEP,BLEEP” My alarm clock went of and I knew I had to get up even though I knew that it would just be another day spoiled in the world of reality.



I looked at my self in the mirror hoping that somehow through the night I had lost 3 kilos, but inevitably the harsh truth hit as I slowly let my stomach flop. I looked into the mirror. I saw the skeleton of what once was a happy face, a face all bright in colour. Now covered in the worries of a million thoughts, shadowed by a white sheet. I turned and slowly was doing all my toiletries. Brushing my teeth, washing my face and putting on the every day mask that I hope would hide the world from the unhappiness that was inside.



I looked at the fridge contemplating weather I should eat breakfast that day. I decided that I would pass hoping that the lack of food would maybe fix the dreaded feeling of the mirror in the morning.



The consistent disappointment of failure was jabbing my thoughts as I was remembering what had happened the day before. Whilst remembering the past, the future was making me think. Thinking what I hoped would or wouldn't happen today, weather I would fail again or maybe it would be one of those days that only happen once in a blue moon were the sun will come up to play and I'd have a good day!



When I noticed that there was water falling from the sky, I grabbed my raincoat. I opened the front door and walked out, I got to my letterbox, looked inside, and took out an interesting envelope.

The envelope was lined in black, I looked at it dreading to know what its contents was, what information it had in-store. Any right mind would be a bit worried about black because of the meaning of the colour, but if you were connected to a culture, the black ribbing would mean much more. Death. My hands shook with a worried mind as I slowly opened the letter - It read:











Dear Kali



It is with a heavy heart, and a sad mind, to inform you of the death of our dear Aunt Julia.



She died peacefully in her sleep, it was a sudden and unfortunate event and we all feel sorrow for her passing.



Yours Dear Sister,

Jessica Narand





I read this, and as I did a slight pain in my chest grew heavy and big, as a tear glided gently down my cheek, adding to the already wet paper. Aunt Julia had always helped me in my time of need, she had become like a second mother to Jessica and I, after our real mother and father died in a car crash. We were both always told that they died happy and peaceful, but this coated reality was broken two years after when I found an old newspaper. It described the accident in great depth, that they were caught underneath a truck; they were stuck there with major injuries, for about five hours as rescue teams tried to relief their pain a bit.



I placed the letter into the inside pocket of my coat. I walked in a mournful march as the rain was jabbing on my back like a million swords. I strode on to a London footpath; I was walking down to my local newsagency hoping to fix the disappointment of being fired yesterday.



I was fired from the job that I loved, because I did not suck up to the boss and I refused to sleep with him. I thought that it was a wise move to try and find a fair Job that would pay for the rent and food until I could find something better.



As I was walking down the street, as a car came quickly around a sharp corner, one of its wheels skidded into a puddle, which drenched me from head to toe. I looked into a shop window where people witnessed and laughed at the event that made me look like a drowned rat. I payed no attention to them and strode down to the florescent sign saying “newsagency”










Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KaiLover91 on December 19, 2005, 10:14:05 PM

KaiLover91 on
KaiLover91I liked it! Let me know when you put more up! ;) *faves*