Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Continuation-Happyer

This is actually just a compile of thoughts at the begging, which then evolved into this story. Nearly all of the people that have read it and know me personally see parralelles...I really like it,just Give it an attempt of reading!

Chapter 2 - Continuation-Happyer

Chapter 2 - Continuation-Happyer




When I got their Bill the shop assistant looked up and stared at my pathetic self “Oh Hi Kali, are you all right this morning?” I just stared at him wondering how on earth he could even suspect that I was okay, with the way that I looked, my mascara had ran, I had drenched cloths that were sticking close to my body and my shoes were squelching as I was walking to the newspaper stand, ”Yer, I'm fine.”



Amazingly Bill didn't question any more, I don't understand why he didn't, but I was grateful for the understanding that he showed! I placed down the London Times on the bench, all Bill said was “That will be a pound fifty.”



I didn't want to stay in the newsagency but I didn't want to be drowned as I was looking for a new life, so I decided a sensible idea and walked down to my favourite café, Jimmy's café. Jim was my best friend, always has always will. I didn't bother running, nothing could make me as worse as I looked now!



“hey Jim” I then sat down opened the newspaper, as I was flicking thought I saw that their was a considerable amount of jobs that I could choose from, but I really didn't want to do them. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted an intriguing advertisement, a waitress at Jimmy's café!



I looked up and saw Jim walking towards my table “hello mam” I looked up and replied with a Hi and half giggling, knowing that the `do I know you?' joke was going to start! “what are you doing?”

“looking for a Job” I said trying to not show a hint that I had seen his advertisement.

“humm…you might have touble finding a decent one but I think I can recommend you to some one!”

I looked at him with a half sarcastic face, it could have shot him down in laughter if I tried. “Ohh really!”

“Yes really, if you like I'll talk to him now…”

He then took the liberity of talking to himself, about me, to himself, whilst I was still there!

“Its settled then, I talked to this guy called Jim, He is the one that owns Jimmy's café, He said that you have a position anytime if you want!” I looked at him and listened to what he had said, just about to bombard him with my laughter. ”Well could you say thank you to your friend I think that I would love to work for him… no really thanks Jim I don't know what else I would do.” He shot me and endearing smile as he spoke, “you can start on Tuesday if you like!” I gave him a nod as he walked away.



Tuesday came and a few things had changed in my life. I had gotten a new kitten for a new life…The London weather decided that it was going to be nice to me and was sunny for the past three days, and just all around I was feeling a slight bit happier, I still did the usual routine. Mirror, fat, reminding thoughts, my alarm clock disturbing them, the usual toiletries. Wait. I was doing the toiletries when I noticed that my face needed less of the mask to hide the sadness and concerns of my years…I smiled, short and quick, but it was a smile neither the less.



As I was walking to Jims I walked pass that shop that laughed when that unfortunate car drove past and made “The world saddest excuse for a human” masterpiece. I walked in, slow and steady, as I walked over to the expensive part of the shop. I looked around and saw a gorgeous dress that I would never had been able to afford. Out of the blue, the sales assistant that was there the day before, must have recognised me. She walked over and said quite abruptly “ I think you would find more suitably priced items over there…” She pointed at a huge sign saying 20% of clothing, I looked at her in disgust, but then a plan hatch into my head “suitable, for me,” I spread my hand across my chest. “I, was contemplating of purchasing your beautiful dress here… but I'm thinking better of it now! Do you have a staff service form, what's your name? … OH never mind I'm too busy to do anything of the sort, maybe later” as I was saying this I was watchingr her face turn from confidant to a dog being abused by its master! I gave a dogy smile, then brisk-fully glided to the door and walked past the window.






Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KaiLover91 on January 25, 2006, 3:22:18 AM

KaiLover91 on
KaiLover91Hehe, GO KALI!!!! Awesome! Planning anymore? =D