Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Discovery

a story i wrote in 8th grade summer school

Chapter 1 - The Discovery

Chapter 1 - The Discovery
It's just another average Monday morning. I'm on my way off the school bus. My school bag is weighing down my shoulder as I think about all of the school work I brought home the night before. As I step off the bus and head toward the school entrance, I can't help but notice something very unusual about all of the students heading into the building. They're all walking in a single file line and no one seems to have any sort of expression on their faces. I know it's early in the morning and so I decide that everyone is just tired. After all, it is Monday morning...As I walk past my principal, he doesn't have an expression on his face either. In fact the look on his face is kind of scary. He just stares at me blankly. His face seems very pale and there isn't even a hint of a smile.
Next, I walk past my English teacher. She has a very similar expression on her face. Her eyes stare right through me as I walk by her. I decide not to look at anyone else untill I get to my locker. I begin to turn the combination and my hand is shaking. I take a couple of deep breaths and open my locker. As I take of my coat, someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn around and notice that no one is there. What's even more strange is that every one in the hallway is still walking in single file. I panic and slam my locker door. I run down the hall past all of the 8th graders walking slowly in single file. I run into my math teachers room. I look around and no one is there. I pick up the phone and dial home. At first I get a busy signal. I try again and it starts ringing. I start saying: "Hello? Hello? Hello?". No one is saying anything, all I hear is breathing. Then I hear a click. Whoever it was, hung up on me!! I hang up the phone and run toward the window. I look outside and can't believe my eyes. In the middle of the parking lot is an enormous spaceship.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment