Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Frozen

Another side to the story before and during the events of Drawn to Life.

Chapter 7 - Frozen

Chapter 7 - Frozen
He barely noticed it when he fell. He'd run too far and too hard and too long, and it was only natural that at some point even the hyper-rush he'd gotten himself stuck in wasn't going to be enough. It was a few minutes after he collapsed that he realized he'd reached that point.

It was the cold that brought him back. He struggled to push himself into a sitting position, with only one hand to use. It didn't help that his fingers were completely numb, and the rest was searing from the bitter wind.

That reminded him he had to look at the injured hand. It was surprisingly difficult to raise his arm to see it. As soon as he had seen he wished he hadn't. There were still shards of glass in his palm, and he expected there were slivers he would never be able to get out. The gashes were so deep he could see the tendons in his hand--two of them severed completely--and still bleeding, though he'd all but lost circulation in his other hand.

The worst part was the shadow. All along the edges of even the tiniest cuts was a lining of inky shadow. As if that wasn't bad enough, it was twisting and changing as it had when he'd drawn it, and he had the nasty feeling that it might be spreading.

For the first time that he could remember, he was scared.

He looked towards Rapoville. It was little more than a blur in the north. He could make out the roofs of houses, if he looked carefully. He'd come a long way. What time was it? He vaguely remembered the sun setting, but it looked too bright to be nighttime. Dawn must be coming.

“So,” he muttered to himself. “What now?”

He wrapped his arms around himself, trying in vain to fend off the cold. He had to get out of the snow fields, fast. Over in the east, he could see the forest. If he could get there...

...before he froze to death, of course...

He had to hurry.

But he didn't have the energy, didn't have the strength. He could barely stay upright, let alone walk all the way to the forest.

He was falling...

Darkness.






A/N: Yeah, this is a reeeeally reeeeally short chapter. I should apologize—this is almost not even a real chapter. If anyone's reading this story, I'm sorry. xD
I wanted to say I won't be updating nearly so frequently anymore. I had the whole first part in my head already, but now the parts I already know are much fewer and much farther between. Basically, I have a few parts a couple years prior to the events of the game, one part at the beginning of the game itself, and the very end. xD Sooo...I'm in kinda bad shape as far as updating goes.
I'll do my best though. :3
~D(W)G~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment