Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter One.

Devin's life is simple. Attend the private school her parents put her in, follow the rules set by her friends. Its not until she discovers something about herself that it all changes. Will she find acceptence? bad discription
rating subject to change...

Chapter 2 - Chapter One.

Chapter 2 - Chapter One.
I looked her in the eye, those wild and playful blue eyes that I had become so attachted to. She looked back at me. I jumped a little when I felt her hand touch mine, causing her to flash me a perfect smile. She leaned in, my heart raced, I never though she would return my feelings...

I woke with a start. My body had that warm tingly feeling you get after taking a sip of something warm after coming in from a freezing winter day. I sat there for a second, replaying my dream in my head. After a few moments, my alarm jolted me from my thoughts, letting out an exaggerated sigh I turned it off and stumble out of my bed and headed for the bathroom.

“I can’t believe I had that dream again…” I thought as I splashed my face with water, “I cannot think of Claire that way! It’s just not right. I mean, she’s my best friend, it’s just creepy.” I glared at my reflection in the mirror, trying to will myself to forget the dream. Finally, frustrated into defeat, I started getting dressed.

Going to my school meant a uniform. Black pleated skirts, white button up shirts, dark green ties with little silver pin-stripes, that whole shebang. Sarah-whether’s Private School had become the sanction for my education in the 7th grade, now three years later I still disliked the uniform with a passion. I ran a comb through my choppy, mousey brown hair, applied some eye-liner and my always present necklace, dog collar, ad bracelets and was ready for the day.

“Oh good you’re awake. I was just about to check on you.” My mother, Marie Lewis th classic soccer mom with her blonde hair and blue eyes, smiled at my entrance.

I moaned and flopped into a chair.

“Are you doing anything after school today, Mary?” I winced, only my mother called me Mary even though I’d opted to be called by my middle name Devin since I was 5.

“Probably not, why?” I answered.

“I just need to know if you can watch Cassie if I go to the store.” Cassie, my seven year old sister, was the center of attention in the Lewis house hold. My mother thought that since she worked when I was little she screwed me up or something. In order to avoid this “mess up” again she treated Cassie like she was the sun and we all had to follow her gravitational pull.

I let out a sigh, “I’ll be here when she gets home, ok?”

“Oh, thank you!” She came over and kissed my forehead. “Oh, Mary, Why do you hide your face?” She asked brushing my bangs from my face.

“Mom, it’s the way I choose to wear my hair, it’s like asking you why you wear Birkenstocks. You do ‘cause they are comfy.” I said pointing at her sandal clad feet. She sighed at me and let me fix my hair. I glanced at the clock “Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to catch my bus.” And I was out the door before she could respond.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Sara-Whether Private School’s buses were all those old buses that got replaced at public school. They smell of sweat and oranges. They also had a nasty habit of breaking down at least once a week. It’s not that the school is poor, oh no, they were just cheap. I took one last breathe of fresh air before stepping onto the death trap they considered a bus.

The bus was full of those unlucky few who didn’t have a license or didn’t have a car, meaning mostly freshman and a few sophomores. I took my usual seat away from everyone else in the last seat and got started on finishing the rest of my Algebra II homework.

“Ah, another privileged princess fitting into her ‘rent’s mold. Seriously, ever consider just turning in an assignment late?” a voice interrupted my fourth equation, causing me to jump. I looked up to find a smirking guy with overly shaggy brown hair and red-brown eyes. “Didn’t mean to scare you, princess.” He said, winking.

“What a wonderful way to say good morning. What do you want?” I asked in a forced polite tone.

“Wow, book worm to dog in three seconds flat. Impressive.” He smirked again. I gave him a pointed look. “I’m Gavin.” He said.

“Congrats, now if you’ll excuse me, this is the only chance I got to finish this.” I said returning to my books.

“Yeah, yeah, I get it. See ya later, princess.” And with that he disappeared behind the seat, plugging his ears with headphones.

Princess? He was kidding, right? I sighed, clearing my had and focusing on the variables and numbers before me.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Spazz on December 25, 2008, 10:45:03 AM

Spazz on
SpazzGah! I've been so busy lately!

I'm so sorry that I haven't gotten Gavin up yet. X( I'm in the process of coloring Mary! Eh-humm... excuse me, DEVIN! I'll have to change that. I should probably be coloring Claire, but... XD Sorry!

Anywyas, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Might have DEVIN up by midnight or something. Probably tomorrow.

Aaaand, last but not least, I hadn't noticed that you had any of this story up yet! I'm glad you have it up though, it's very good. X3 Another chapter would me nice, ya know?

*wink wink*

~Laata!

Dragonfangmistress on August 25, 2008, 3:15:02 AM

Dragonfangmistress on
Dragonfangmistressits finally starting...not much but hey, gotta start somewhere!