Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Trouble at the Sandlot

She's looking for that missing part, and instead gets sucked into the life of the organization. (Full summary inside) AU, Rated Teen
THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN. READ "GOLDEN PAOPU" FOR THE NEW VERSION

Chapter 2 - Trouble at the Sandlot

Chapter 2 - Trouble at the Sandlot
CHAPTER 2 – Trouble at the Sandlot

“Is there anyway to make this easier?” Drake asked aloud. The front room was filled with boxes scattered here and there and piled up so high that she had her own mini replicas of Aztec pyramids and two Sears towers. Her eyes looked across the never-ending brown sea. It seemed as though the boxes multiplied every time she blinked.

Then the answer hit her.

“No. There is no easy way.”

Not wanting to work on opening boxes and organizing items straightaway, just like her nature, Drake grabbed her crescent moon munny pouch (A goodbye gift from Cid), turned on her heels and walked out her front door.

000ooo000

It was busy in town that day. Drake could see groups of girls chit-chatting away in clothing shops (‘Ick,’ she had thought to herself) and boys laughing at one of their (Madly blushing) own. She didn’t get herself tangled in these things because one; She was new and didn’t want to seem like one of those constant-digging brown-nosed gossipers and two; she was on a goal that she couldn’t let herself be distracted from at any cost – finding a sweet shop. Even though Drake seemed like one to be particularly fond of hot ‘n spicy foods, the truth was she didn’t like that stuff much and was a sucker (No pun intended) for sweets.

This place isn’t that big, She thought to herself, and people are walking around with ice cream in their faces, so there has to be a sweet shop somewhere. She decided to try asking around. She spotted a boy walking down the road with an ice cream stick in his mouth. “Hey, little boy!” She called out to him. He looked up from his ice cream stick, the ice cream looked like most of it was on his face rather that in his mouth. “Can you tell me where I can buy one of those?” She pointed at his ice cream. He looked down at it, and pointed down the alleyway. “Okay, thanks!” She waved and ran down the brick path.

000ooo000

The alley had taken her to a sandlot. She looked around – nothing. “That’s funny...” She wondered aloud. “That kid said it was this wa-“ She was cut of by the feeling she wasn’t alone. She craned her head to get a look behind her. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see something big. Correction – something VERY big.

“Looks like we got another trespasser, ya’know?” The big thing smiled. He had tanned skin, black hair, an orange shirt and baggy black pants. This guy was freakishly HUGE. He’s got more muscle than Leon-Kun and Cloud-Kun combined! she gasped at the thought.

“Intruder.” Another voice said, this time in front of Drake. She faced forward to see the speaker, this time a girl. She had silver hair that covered her left eye, pale skin, a blue top and khaki Capri’s.

“Seifer! We got another one, ya’know?” Said the big guy again.

“It better not be those losers aga-“ Someone said as he walked out from behind a wall. He also was wearing a blue shirt, dark-red pants, a silver trench coat, and a dark blue beanie that covered his blonde hair. One feature that stuck out the most to Drake was his scar going across his face between his blue eyes. It was a lot like Leon’s scar – except his went in the opposite direction. Seifer didn’t like to be stared at, and was easily ticked off. “Hey!” he yelled. Drake snapped back into reality, and remembered she was surrounded. “I don’t know who you are, but we don’t take outsiders lightly.”

“Outsiders? That’s a book title.” Drake retorted. “And, I’m a newcomer that’s here to stay, FYI. So, unless you’re the mayor of this place, you have no right to shoo me out Mr. I-Think-I’m-All-Big-And-Bad.”

Seifer chuckled. “That’s pretty big talk towards the Twilight Town’s Disciplinary Committee.” His voice was soft and dangerous. “Don’t you think so, Fuujin? Raijin?”

“Reckless.” Fuu simply stated.

“I bet she’s with Hayner’s gang, ya’know!” Rai said as if he was accusing of murder. “She’s got the same attitude as them, ya’know?”

Now Drake was getting annoyed. Did he always end his sentences with “Ya’know”? Wait a second… something clicked in her mind. Who the hell is Hayner?

“Member or not,” Seifer said, “She has trespassed onto our territory.” He pulled out a yellow and blue club, Rai cracked his knuckles, and Fuu took a karate pose. “And now, she’s got to pay the consequences.” Seifer grinned.

Damn! Drake thought, getting in a defensive/fighting stance. All I wanted was to find the sweet shop! Why am I stuck in this situa-

“Seifer! Lay off!” Another club flew out from nowhere and hit Seifer on the side of the head. He turned his head toward the direction it came from, and cursed under his breath. “What the hell are you doing here…?!”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YukiX62 on January 28, 2008, 8:55:14 AM

YukiX62 on
YukiX62WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! DX I WANNA COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!