Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Memory, missions, promise

She's looking for that missing part, and instead gets sucked into the life of the organization. (Full summary inside) AU, Rated Teen
THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN. READ "GOLDEN PAOPU" FOR THE NEW VERSION

Chapter 4 - Memory, missions, promise

Chapter 4 - Memory, missions, promise
CHAPTER 4 – Memory, missions, promise

Drake awoke with a jolt the next morning. Her hands were shaking violently as she quickly scanned the room. She was safe. It was just the memory. Sleep began to take hold again as she calmed down. She stared at the clock – 2:00 A.M. read the crimson red letters. Better go back to sleep… she thought. As she closed her eyes, she set a goal for that morning. Later, I’ll wake up at 7:30, eat breakfast, and look for Roxas. I better thank him before I forget…

She was serious about this goal. After all, ice cream was her favorite dessert. And whoever treated her with it was a good friend.

000ooo000

“Ughh… wha? Am I…?” Drake stared with half-closed unfocused eyes. “Am I late?” She glanced at the clock tower outside the window.

“WHAT?! DAMMIT I AM LATE!” two and a half hours late from her set time. That was pleasant.

First she ran downstairs and tossed two slices of bread into the toaster, set the timer, ran back upstairs and slammed the closet door open. She could only partly think about what to wear – picking out a simple green peasant blouse and tan shorts. She pulled out a pair of dark blue knee high boots from a nearby box and slipped them over her Chinese dragon socks before looking at her reflection in the window.

Something’s missing… she thought. It couldn’t be earrings, she never even dared to get her ears pierced. Not makeup either. She hated the stuff. She looked closer into her doppelganger in the glass. Her neck did look a little bare. She sighed. “Of course…” She walked to her munny pouch and pulled out her black ribbon choker. She tied the strings together and laughed at herself. ’You should get a charm or something for that choker.’ She recalled Toni stating.

’I don’t think I’d really need it.’ She had replied, smiling. ’I like it the way it is!’

’Aw, Drake-Chan, you’re so plain!’ Tiff had moaned.

She remembered how she could laugh so freely, even while knowing the terror inside her… what she would give to laugh like that again.

000ooo000

Roxas walked down the brick alleyway to a chained fence. Making sure he wasn’t being followed, he walked through the gate and pulled something out of his pocket. It looked like something a geek had overloaded with lights and buttons. He pressed a yellow button and a blue light glowed from the largest orb. A black hooded figure slowly materialized in the light.

“It’s been two weeks already. Your report is late.” The figure stated.

“Sorry. There were some set backs.” Roxas replied.

“Apologize to the superior, not me.” The figure barked. “He’s furious. He can’t even count on the keyblade’s chosen one to keep a deadline. If you hold this behavior longer, he will dispose of you.”

Roxas glared. “I understand that.”

“Don’t use that tone with me, Number Thirteen.” The figure growled. “Step out of line and I will-“

“Hey! Is that Roxas?! You’re talking to Roxas?!”

“Number E-!”

“Roxas! How are you, bud?!”

“Stop that! This is a busine-!”

Another person in the black hood ran into the first person and shoved him out of the way. He had his hood down, so you could see his features. Spiky, red, out-of-control hair, bright green eyes and diamond tattoos under his eyes would make this guy blend in with a band of punk rockers.

Roxas sighed. “Axel, you’ve got to settle down.”

Axel beamed. “Can’t help it, I miss you buddy.”

“What are you doing at the tower, anyway? I thought you were In Port Royal.”

“I finished my mission early. Now I would like you to do the same please!”

Roxas laughed. “What was my mission again?”

“Hey! That’s not funny!” Axel moaned.

Roxas grinned. “Yeah… I know my mission.”

“You better.” Axel said, smiling.

Roxas grinned back before hearing someone walking to the Usual Spot. “I’ll talk later Axel. Someone’s coming.” Axel faded from view along with the light. Around the corner was a girl with green eyes and brown hair, wearing khaki capri's and an orange shirt.

“Oh! There you are Roxas!” She smiled. “We were wondering where you’ve been. Hayner wants you to practice with him for the big struggle tournament next month.”

“Yeah.” Roxas said. “Tell him I’ll be there, Olette.”

Olette giggled and ran back uphill. Roxas sighed and looked at his communicator. “Sorry, Axel.” He said, “But this may take longer than I thought.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment