Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Help from Vivi

She's looking for that missing part, and instead gets sucked into the life of the organization. (Full summary inside) AU, Rated Teen
THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN. READ "GOLDEN PAOPU" FOR THE NEW VERSION

Chapter 5 - Help from Vivi

Chapter 5 - Help from Vivi
CHAPTER 5 – Help from Vivi

“Roxas, where are you?!” Drake groaned. She had been searching for hours, and her blood sugar was really low. She leaned against the wall, heaving a great sigh.

“Is something wrong?”

Drake looked around, startled. Where did that high-pitched voice come from? “Who are you? Where are you? What are you?”

“Down here.”

Drake looked down at, what seemed to be, a little boy in WAY too big clothes. He had a hat so large that it covered his face – all she could see was a pair of yellow eyes.

“Do you need help miss?” He chirped.

“Well, sorta.” Drake scratched the back of her head. “I’m looking for someone.”

“Who?” asked the boy.

Drake bent down so they were at an equal eye level. “Have you heard of someone named Roxas?”

“Yeah!” His voice sang like a baby songbirds. “He won the Struggle Tournament I was in last month. I’ve met him before, too. But Seifer doesn’t like it when I talk to him…”

Seifer is telling him what to do? Poor kid. That Seifer, what an a-

“I’m not sure where he is, but I think I know.” The boy perked up. “I’ll show you!”

Drake nodded and smiled. “Thank you…um, what’s your name?”

“I’m Vivi!” He sang while grabbing her hand and started pulling her down the brick road. “You’re a really pretty lady.” He giggled.

Drake only smiled.

000ooo000

Drake moved some low branches out of her and Vivi’s way, twigs cracking under her boots as she walked by her small guide.

“He’s been coming here a lot lately, but I don’t know why.” Vivi said. “And a lot of weird things have been happening. First a bunch of pictures were stolen, then these white things started appearing around here. But that was before the Struggle Tournament. A few days after Roxas won, he disappeared.”

Drake was listening more intensely than she ever had to a young kid. Why would Roxas disappear after winning a tournament?

“After a few weeks he came back,” Vivi continued, “and he seemed a little different. Like he found something he had been looking for a long time.”

Maybe I should ask him for tips. Drake thought.

“But since then, he’s been leaving for days, sometimes even a week, and he won’t tell anyone where he’s been.” Vivi paused. “It makes me confused.”

Drake nodded her head in agreement. She could understand why one would be confused by these events. Just who was Roxas, underneath all his… she tried to think of something that wouldn’t sound awkward. That was a failed attempt.

“We’re here.” Vivi chirped. Drake looked at their destination – a huge sunset-colored mansion.

Drake stared in amazement. “Wow…” She gaped. Maybe she should’ve moved here. It looked like the perfect place. She looked at Vivi. “This place is amazing! Does he live here?”

Vivi shook his head. “No one’s lived here for years. They say it’s haunted.”

Even better.

“A haunted mansion, huh?” Drake grinned, stretching her arms. “Well, I wasn’t really one to be afraid of ghosts…”

“Oh no, not that kind of haunted.” Vivi explained.

Damn.

“There’s a rumor that says, every once in a while,” He pointed at the second story window on the left, “There’s a girl who looks through those white curtains. Seifer says that it’s just a myth,” Vivi sighed, “but I’ve seen her.”

Drake half-listened. Did Roxas have some kind of connection with this girl? Were they related or something? “Hey, Vivi,” Drake asked. “What does this girl look like?”

Vivi paused thoughtfully. “Blonde hair.” He stated, “With blue eyes.”

Drake thought hard. Could Roxas-? Nah, no way. She had been reading Ranma ½ too much. Maybe this girl was his sister. But if that was true, why was she in this old mansion? Why wasn’t she living with Roxas? None of this was making sense....

What kind of secrets was Roxas hiding?

“Behind you!” Vivi shrieked.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment