Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - In the Woods

She's looking for that missing part, and instead gets sucked into the life of the organization. (Full summary inside) AU, Rated Teen
THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN. READ "GOLDEN PAOPU" FOR THE NEW VERSION

Chapter 6 - In the Woods

Chapter 6 - In the Woods
Chapter 6 – In the Woods

Drake barely moved quick enough to dodge the attacker. She turned to her right and rolled, landing on her stomach. Vivi had leaped out of the way, landing face-first in the grass. Drake looked up at their attacker.

“Wha-What the hell is that thing?!”

She couldn’t tell who – or what – it was. It was mainly grey in color with a bluish-grey head. It looked like it was wearing a yukata and wielding four swords. The creature seemed to stare at her for a second before turning it’s attention to Vivi. Vivi was stumbling to his feet – he couldn’t possibly dodge it if it attacked. Without warning it dashed forward, swords raised for attack.

“Watch out!” Drake shouted, jumping up and racing the creature to Vivi. She almost didn’t make it, but launched herself ahead wrapped her arms around Vivi, rolling and tumbling them both out of the way. She stood up, in her defensive stance. The samurai-thing looked up at her, observantly.

Well done, my lady.

“What?” Drake arched an eyebrow in confusion. The samurai-creature bowed it’s head respectively and disappeared in a grey portal. Did that thing… just speak?

Vivi clung to her leg, trembling. “I never saw that kind of white thing before.” He squeaked. “What was it?”

“I don’t know, Vivi.” Drake sighed.

“L-Let’s get out of here!” Vivi shrieked, rushing for the cover of the woods. Drake chased after him, but paused to look back at the mansion.

Later, Drake nodded to herself, I’m definitely going to check this place out. She continued to run after Vivi.

000ooo000

Vivi was extremely edgy on the walk back. The smallest noise was enough to make him jump and cling to her leg for at least six minutes. Drake was getting annoyed for these minute-long delays, but she understood. Vivi was still very young. And an experience like that was a little scary for his mind. Poor kid, I hope he’ll be okay.

“Roxas?”

Drake looked up. Sure enough, there was the blonde-haired Houdini himself.

She almost jumped. Finally! she smiled. Now I can thank him! She stepped ahead. “Hey Roxa-“

“What do you want?” He snapped.

Drake’s smile faded. What was THAT? She took another look at him. His face was sour. His eyes seemed a darker blue. What was eating him?

“Well,” Drake started, “I just wanted to-“

“Shut up.” He hissed. “I’ve got somewhere to be.”

Drake’s face fell. It didn’t matter what he did for her – she wasn’t about to let that slide.

“Vivi, leave.” She instructed. “Roxas and I need to talk alone.”

The little boy nodded quickly, turned heel and ran. He didn’t want to be stuck in between these hot sparks.

“What’s up with you?” Drake asked, hands on her hips, frowning.

“You heard me.” He retorted. “I’ve got somewhere to be, and it’s definitely not here talking to you.” He walked past her.

“Hey, wait, hold on!” Drake shouted back, following him. “That’s not what I meant!”

“I don’t have time for you.” He growled, not pausing to turn and look her in the face.

“You see, THAT’S what I meant. What’s gotten into you?” She dodged a branch that swung her way. “You aren’t the same as when I meet you.”

“Maybe that wasn’t the real Roxas you meet.” He said, softly and dangerously.

“The who is the real Roxas?“

“You’re the last person who needs to know.” He hissed, his back still to her.

“Roxas, I just want to-”

Roxas slammed his fist into a nearby tree. “Just shut up! It’s none of your concern! Just keep your damn nose out of my business!”

Drake stepped back from this outburst. She was truly shocked. She stared with wide eyes at his back that seemed to quiver with rage. This was surely not the kind of person she expected Roxas to be. No, not at all. She stared at the ground and clenched her fist.

“You know…” She started softly. Roxas didn’t flinch, or show signs of turning to look at her. “You know, I didn’t have to spend my day looking for you!” She looked up at him, her eyes filling with anger. “I just wanted to thank you for the treat on my first day here!” Her fists trembled. “But, I see how it is!” She closed her eyes and shook her head. “Fine! We don’t have to see each other again! We can just forget each other!” She turned around and ran for the exit of the woods.

It wasn’t until she left that Roxas looked behind him. His face showed the tiniest hint of regret. “You wouldn’t be the first thing I’ve forgotten…” He said to where she stood. He blinked once and continued for the direction of the mansion.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment