Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Mansion Showdown

She's looking for that missing part, and instead gets sucked into the life of the organization. (Full summary inside) AU, Rated Teen
THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN. READ "GOLDEN PAOPU" FOR THE NEW VERSION

Chapter 8 - Mansion Showdown

Chapter 8 - Mansion Showdown
Chapter 8 – Mansion Showdown

Roxas leaned against the gate of the mansion, fits jammed into his pockets, his head hung over. He stared at the grass by his shoes, watching how the breeze moved the blades ever so slightly. He wasn’t paying much attention. He was thinking about a different matter. Today is somewhat special. To me anyway. He thought to himself. I shouldn’t be surprised at the fact Axel’s late. He grinned slightly. The grin quickly faded as he looked up into the sky. I’ve suddenly got this bad feeling. Something’s gonna mess up our plans, but what? Axel, hurry up…

An arrow landed by his feet. He jumped back alarmed, and looked toward the direction it came from. He saw nothing but forest. What was that? Attempted assassination? “Who’s there?!” He called out.

The leaves rustled in the wood’s treetops. Another arrow landed behind him. He spun around and snarled. Someone’s messing with me…

He heard a low thud by the wood’s edge and turned to see red and black with green eyes, and it wasn’t in his favorite combination.

“Well, well.” Drake smiled, hands on her tilted hips. “If it isn’t Roxas himself. I had a feeling I’d find you here.”

Great. Not her again. Roxas moaned in his mind. “What is it this time?” He glowered.

Drake clutched her bow and stood menacingly. “You left me with more questions than answers. That doesn’t leave me in the best mood. Just answer my questions and we can skip the fight.”

“How do you expect to win with that?” He scoffed, pointing at her weapon. “That’s a longbow, made for long ranged attacks. Hence the name.” He smirked. “Unless you can turn invisible and move unnoticeably to a farther area, I doubt you can win with an upper hand.”

Drake processed this information for a moment before looking back at him, mirroring his smug expression. “You know your weapons, I’ll give you that. But in a way, I do have an upper hand, as you put it.” She lifted her bow. “I have a weapon. You don’t.” She grinned wider.

Roxas cussed under his breath. She’s wrong. I do have a weapon. But how will she react? I think maybe she’ll get more interested than she is now, but what if she knows to much already? He glared at her. “Why don’t we play a game?”

Drake raised an eyebrow, confused. “A… game? Odd time for games, and you don’t seem the type of guy who’d enjoy them much…”

“It’s a easy game, I’m sure even you can understand it’s simple rules.” He laughed once at the dirty look she gave him. “Here’s how it goes. We fight. No attempt at decapitation or severing limbs. If I land a hit on you, you have to answer any question I ask. Or Vice-Versa. Three strikes each.”

“Hmm,” Drake thought. She looked up, smiling playfully. “Alright, sounds fun. But, I want to make this as fair as possible.” She threw aside her bow, then stood in a right-leg back fighting stance, her fists raised defensively in front of her face. “You can’t fight with a weapon, so I won’t fight with a weapon.”

Roxas mirrored her stance, staring back at her. The wind picked up slightly, blowing loose leaves off their branches in the surrounding woods. Soft whispers raced between the trees, warning all living things of the events that were about to happen. The birds silenced, all at the same time. The mansion’s shadow casted an ominous spell over the two duelists. Not once did they look away from each other, not once did they break the bond of concentration or focus on each other, predicting each others first move, or watching for a sign of betrayal of hiding their attack.

Drake was the first to move.

She dashed to her left before diving in to attack. Roxas evaded her and swiftly kicked her legs, causing her to trip. She skid across the earth floor, then jumped up and glared at him darkly.

“That was my first hit. Strike one.” He stated. “First question; why have you been stalking me?”

“Blame yourself. You’re an interesting person.” Drake spat.

Roxas laughed. “Me? Interesting? You should see the guys I hang out with.” Then he cussed. That was the wrong thing to say.

“What?” Drake asked, wide-eyed with sudden interest. “Are you in a gang or something?”

“You’re trying to cheat a question out of me.” Roxas retorted calmly.

“Yeah, right! I know the rules!” Drake shouted back at him, and then clenched her teeth together in a low snarl. Don’t give in. Don’t give in, that’s a bad idea… She calmed herself.

Roxas moved forward, and then swung a fist at her face. Drake bent back at the last second, then remembered a move Tifa showed her two weeks before she left. Drake smirked and took the opportunity to back handspring and maybe kick him in the face. She landed on the palms of her hands and snapped her left leg up – kicking air. Confused and angry, she pushed up with her arms and landed, not quite as gracefully as Tifa would have, and snapped her head to the left and then to the right, scanning for where Roxas could’ve been waiting for her.

Unexpectedly, the air left her lungs and she landed face first in the grass. Again.

“Strike two. Second question; you said you moved to Twilight Town. Where are you from?”

Drake wiped the saliva from the corner of her mouth with her trench coat sleeve, her hands in tight fists, glaring at Roxas. She didn’t dare look him in the eyes. Her own eyes might have been in a certain condition she didn’t want him to know about, so she avoided meeting his gaze.

“I’m waiting.” Roxas said impatiently.

Drake hesitated. She was about to break a BIIIIIIG[/u] rule. She sighed.

Tiff, I beg your father for forgiveness.

And I’m sorry, Sora. For breaking my promise.


“I lived in Radiant Garden. Doubt you’ve heard of it.”

Drake’s eyebrows twitched in annoyance as she glared. Next she charged forward.

“This again?” Roxas asked, not trying to hide the taunting tone in his voice. “It didn’t work the last time, so how do you expect-?”

Then, suddenly, Drake launched herself into the air, and then came down with her foot. Her long coat flapped behind her, intimidating wings. Roxas, for the first time during this fight, panicked. He could tell she aimed for his chest, and he didn’t have a way to block it. Unless...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment