Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - XIII

She's looking for that missing part, and instead gets sucked into the life of the organization. (Full summary inside) AU, Rated Teen
THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN. READ "GOLDEN PAOPU" FOR THE NEW VERSION

Chapter 9 - XIII

Chapter 9 - XIII
Chapter 9 – XIII

”We’ll just have to wait and see.” Drake smiled as she walked out the door.

“Drake, hold up.” Riku stopped her on the first step. “This guy, Roxas… He doesn’t by chance happen to have blonde hair and blue eyes, does he?”

Drake nodded slowly. She had left out the finer details during her explanation. “Yeah, he does… why?”

Riku closed his eyes thoughtfully and shook his head once. “Just be careful when you see him, okay? Promise me that.”

“Yeah, sure thing Riku.” Drake smiled. Riku smiled back then mention the time and though it was best that Tiff and him headed back home.

Drake had wondered, during her walk to the mansion, what Riku had meant by that.

Now she knew.


Time seemed to have stopped. Drake was above Roxas, staring wide-eyed at where her boot should have touched clothing. Instead there was the dark, cold metal of a blade. Roxas had pulled this blade from nowhere. It was as if, there was a flash of light, and it was there. He pulled it out in the nick of time to block her attack. Tightening his grip on the blade’s hilt, Roxas pushed Drake back at least ten feet. She skid and extra four feet before stopping, gasping out in disbelief:

“A… Keyblade?!”

Roxas stood up straight, looking more threatening with the dark-colored Keyblade in his hand. He stared back at Drake, wordless.

“Hold up! Hold UP!” Drake shouted. “Since when do YOU have a Keyblade?! I thought there were only three Key-bearers! How ca-!”

Something cold and hard hit the side of Drake’s head. Her world spun, and she was on her side, on the ground. What…just happened…? She started to fade…

She saw Roxas’ shoe step in front of her face, but couldn’t pull enough strength to look up.

“Who are you…?” he asked.

Drake’s vision blurred slightly. Was she crying? Was her eyesight failing? The side of her face where she had been struck stung a little, but her whole body was limp, so she was unable to move her hand. She had exhausted herself completely, and knew if Tifa was there, she would have been disappointed…

…Leon would’ve comforted her in his tough older-brotherly way as Aerith put ice on her bruised face…

…Yuffie would’ve wildly over exaggerate on how Roxas somehow “cheated”…

Drake sighed on the inside, too painful to breathe like that for real. One fact stopped that welcoming fantasy; she wasn’t in Radiant Garden anymore. She also knew - no matter how hard she tried - she couldn’t beat a Key-bearer.

…Not Riku…

…Not Tiffany’s father…

…Not Sora…

…Not even Roxas, who she only knew for three days, and just barely found out about his share of the secret burden…

…never…

000ooo000

“Hey, new meat.”

“Where did she come from? What’s she doing here?”

“You ask too many questions, number IX.”

“Don’t be so grumpy all the time, number V.”

“Like I’ll listen to you, number VIII.”

Drake’s head ached, her whole body was numb, and now she was hearing talking numbers. Great, she was becoming a loony tune. She forced an eye open. She was lying on her side, staring at a blue floor with four grey walls, and on one of the walls was: A door! The blood in her legs pulsed with adrenaline energy, ready to run towards the door and escape from…wherever she was.

“Hey look! She’s waking up!”

Oh yeah, the numerals with the speech ability. She forgot about them. With the little strength she had, she looked up to see just who these weirdoes were.

There were eleven strange men, and one woman, in black jackets on the balcony above her head. The woman and three of the men had different shades of blonde hair, one man had pink layers, another with brown hair like a duck’s butt, a spiky blazing redhead, one with black dreadlocks and sideburns, one with black and grey streaks, scars and an eye patch, another with short silver-blue that covered his right eye, and two that looked the most menacing were a deep blue with a ‘X’ scar across his face and the other with silver hair and golden eyes.

Drake caught the woman saying “Feh, what a weakling…” to the pink-haired man, who smiled at her insult. Drake scowled.

“Interesting find, number XIII.” The man with silver hair said. Thirteen? Odd numbering system they have. There are only twelve people there…

“Superior.” Said a familiar voice beside her. Her head whipped to her left to see Roxas, wearing the same jacket as the others on the balcony, his head bent low in a respectful manner. Then his head snapped up toward the silver-haired leader. “But, Superior, I-!”

“We will discuss this now.” The leader said. “Number XIII, you are not to leave this room, nor are you to harm the girl. But make sure she keeps her place. We don’t want her getting too familiar here, just in case she doesn’t qualify.” Him and the other eleven members disappeared through black portals.

Drake glared at Roxas, and he returned her glare.

“How did I get here, anyway?” Drake said after a long pause.

Roxas looked as if he’d rather puke than answer her. “It was Axel’s idea…”

000ooo000

Roxas knelt by Drake’s unconscious figure, checking to make sure he didn’t accidentally kill her. He didn’t want to have a murder on his hands, he already had enough to worry about.

“Hey, Roxas. Sorry I’m late, pal.” Axel’s voice said from behind him. “Xaldin wanted me to burn some of his old files, and being the Flurry of Dancing Flames, how could I - Rox, are you listening to me?” He felt Axel hover over him. “Ooh, who’s this?”

“A candy-haired leech…” Roxas said flatly.

Axel chuckled. “You mean stalking crush, right?”

“Axel, don’t make me hurt you…” Roxas said in monotone.

“Hey, you’re good looking, Rox.” Axel said, messing up Roxas’ hair more than it already was.

“Axel.” Roxas growled.

“Right, sorry. So, why is she playing sleeping beauty?”

Roxas paused before answering. “I knocked her out during a fight.”

Axel leaned over and sighed. “Man, you are the romantic, aren’t you?”

Roxas already gave him a clue to cut it out, so he summoned his second Keyblade.

“Alright, alright! I get the idea!” He stepped back, holding his hands up defensively. “Sheesh, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed…”

Roxas sighed, annoyed. “I’m just tired of being here.” He explained. “I want to go back. This place holds unpleasant memories for me…”

“I hear ya.” Axel nodded in agreement. “But you know how it works. Did you finish your assignment?”

Roxas didn’t answer.

Axel groaned.

“I’m trying!” Roxas retorted.

“Trying isn’t always good enough, bud.”

“Yeah? Well, this job isn’t exactly easy! I mean, it’s not like I can just walk up to someone and say, ‘Hey, want to join Organization XIII? It’s not hard, just go to different worlds collecting hearts from total strangers like some serial killing psycho!’ ” Roxas raised an eyebrow. “I’m sure they’d just be dying to join after that.”

Axel blinked. “Woah. When you put it that way…” He scratched the back of his neck, looking around as he thought. Eventually, his wandering eyes rested upon the unconscious Drake.

Then he smiled his evil grin.

“I know! We can take in her!” He exclaimed, pointing at Drake.

“ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FLIPPIN’ SPIKY FIRE-HEADED MIND?” Roxas roared.

He was a little late. Axel had already run to Drake and slung her over his shoulder. “C’mon, Roxas. She the only person – you know, besides me – that’s fought you and survived.”

“Who said I was done with her…?” Roxas grumbled lowly through his teeth. “Maybe I was about to slit her throat open with Oblivion.”

Axel laughed. “C’mon, Roxas. Let’s go.”


000ooo000

“I see…” Drake understood. This Axel guy wanted her to be in the Organization. He said she was the only one who had ever fought Roxas and survived. What did he mean by that? She looked over at Roxas, wondering how many people he had fought and, supposedly, killed. Great, even more questions that needed answers. Questions take time to answer, and who knows when the other members would return…

Maybe just enough time…

“Well, since we’re here,” She said to Roxas, “alone, undisturbed, and you’ve been ordered to stay here and not harm me,” She smirked at him. “There’s no reason for you to ignore my questions."

Roxas was petrified. “Oh, NO…”

Drake laughed. “Ohoho, YES.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment