Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - iPhone App

... and the moments that bring them close together. A collection of oneshots & drabbles focusing on Japan and England. Full description on chap. 0

Chapter 1 - iPhone App

Chapter 1 - iPhone App
Title: iPhone App
Characters/Pairings: AsaKiku, mentioned Alfred and Elizaveta
Warnings: Just some friendly fluff, minor language, High School AU
Summary: Arthur is embarrassed when Kiku finds out that he can’t win at a certain game.
BGM: "Always" - Erasure

“Bloody hell… … by the power of…! …”

Kiku didn’t realize how creepy he might have seemed. Throughout lunch period, his eyes never left the figure of the blond, huddled away in a corner of the classroom, muttering and swearing to no one. Arthur had a pair of skull earbuds in his ear, focusing intensely on the screen of an iPhone (Which Kiku had given him as a birthday present earlier that year) and, if the furrowing of his large eyebrows were anything to go by, getting frustraited.

Kiku’s curiosity got the best of him, and he rose from his seat, quietly making his way to Arthur’s side. He must have been sneakier than expected, for Arthur didn’t even pause what he was doing as he approached. He stood in place for a moment before hovering over the blonds shoulder.

On the screen of the black device was a game. One with a background made of light blues and lavenders. The earthy platforms suspended in midair were covered in purple grass, occasionally a large star resting on them. Arthur controlled a robotic unicorn with a multicolored mane, racing across the screen at an increasing rate.

Kiku had to try to hold back a laugh.

Arthur crashed into a wall for a third time, knocking off the head of his unicorn in a fiery explosion and displaying a pitifully low score. “frack!” He hissed.

“I can’t. I am a Japanese man.” Kiku spoke up.

The blond looked up and jumped from his seat, shock across his face as he tried to stuff the iPhone into his pocket. “K-K-Ki-Kiku! Wh-what are you-? When did you…?” His cheeks flushed bright red. “H-How long have you been standing there?”

“Not that long, Asa-San.*” Kiku answered, his expression blank once again. “Ah, if you don’t mind me asking, why were you playing Ro-?“

“Shhh!” Arthur put a finger to his lips.

“… Why were you playing Robot Unicorn Attack?” Kiku finished, hushing his tone.

“It was that bloody prat, Alfred.” Arthur’s expression soured. “He got a hold of my phone and downloaded the application. Then… he dared me to beat his score.” He glared to the side.

“Couldn’t you have just refused him and deleted the app?”

Arthur stayed silent.

Kiku smiled softly. “Ah, I see.”

“Don’t tell anyone about this, Kiku, please.” Arthur looked back at him, rubbing the back of his neck.

“My lips are sealed.”

“Ah, thanks.” He grinned, relived, and headed back to his seat.

Kiku took out his own cell phone and looked through the pictures he took of Arthur playing the game. “Sorry, Asa-San.” He sighed to himself. “Elisaveta-San will pay a good price for these pictures. I’ll find a way to repay you… somehow.” He stuffed the phone back into his pocket and headed to his own seat as the bell began to ring.


*Asa = Arthur in Japanese. Also means 'Morning'

Also, Robot Unicorn Attack is an incredibly addictive game. Go google/facebook it, you'll find it.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment