Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Vanity meets Quincy

Ishida Uryuu has discovered that he is truly not the last Quincy. There is another, a female, Takisaki Hikawa. Ishida insists that Hikawa remain a secret.

But what will happen when a certain pretty boy shinigami falls unwittingly for the Quincy?

Chapter 1 - Vanity meets Quincy

Chapter 1 - Vanity meets Quincy
It was a warm spring day in Karakura Town when they met. Two lives separated by fate, brought together by destiny. They were from different worlds, different cultures, different beliefs but one goal was the same. Protect the people from the Hollow.

Hikawa Takisaki felt the Hollow appear before she saw it looming high above her head. Uryu Ishida stood beside her and instantly drew his blazing blue bow. The male Quincy had fought hundreds of Hollow and this one was one of the more stronger.

"There isn't anyone around, Hikawa." Ishida said pulling back an arrow. "Go ahead and release your bow."

"Right." Hikawa nodded then flicked her left wrist out. A small Quincy cross charm revealed itself from her sleeve and shimmered the instant before her own Quincy bow formed in her hand. "I'll flank left. Ishida, go right." She yelled before disappearing then reappearing above the Hollow's left shoulder.

Ishida appeared apposite her seconds later and both fired their arrows into the Hollow's skull. The despaired soul roared and swung at Hikawa. She reacted quickly and dodged to the monster's front firing again. The Hollow disintegrated and both Quincy settled on the ground.

"Great job, Hikawa." Ishida smiled. " I love having another Quincy to fight with instead of shinigami."

Hikawa sighed. "I wish you'd get over that dumb anti-shinigami philosophy of yours."

"I wish you'd believe-"

Both Quincy started at a new reitsu in the area. Hikawa quickly retracted her bow, tucking her bracelet back into her sleeve cuff. Two shinigami flash-stepped in front of them. One stood with his sheathed katana over one shoulder. His head shined from the sun. "Oi, why'd ya take out my hollow?"

Ishida retracted his bow and crossed his arms. "So you're claiming hollow now, shinigami?"

"Heh, better than a damn Quincy killing one."

"Ikkaku," the other shinigami said. "You shouldn't curs in from of a lady. It isn't beautiful."

" Ch. Like she can even see us, Yumichika."

Hikawa blushed when Yumichika's eyes rested on her. "Actually…I can sirs." She spoke quietly.

Ikkaku's eyes widened a moment causing his partner to chuckle behind him.

"Way to go, genius." Ishida taunted.

"Oi, you wanna fight, Quincy?"

"Ikkaku, we don't really have time for something like that." Yumichika said flipping his hair.

"You insulting me?"

"Ishida, please don't start a fight." Hikawa put her hand on the younger man's arm. "We don't want to cause unnecessary damage."

Yumichika smiled and stepped closer causing Hikawa's face to flush. "I like how you think. May I ask your name?"

Hikawa dipped her head shyly and responded in a quiet voice. "Hikawa Takisaki."

Yumichika smiled again. "Hikawa, what a beautiful name for an even more beautiful woman."

"T-thank you, sir." Hikawa blushed a deeper shade of pink.

"My name is Yumichika Ayasegawa, Squad 11, fifth seat." He took Hikawa's hand in his and lifted it to his lips. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Hey! Get your hand off her pretty boy!" Ishida grabbed Hikawa's shoulders and pulled her backwards toward him.

"I-Ishida!" Hikawa said surprised.

"I was only introducing myself to the beautiful lady." Yumichika said smiling.

"Say, why ya hanging around with the Quincy, Hikawa?" Ikkaku Madarame asked smirking at Ishida.

"I uh-"

"I just saved her from the hollow." Ishida interrupted. Hikawa sent him a mental glare.

"I can see why one would attack. Your reitsu is a lot stronger than a normal human's." Yumichika said.

"That's because she's with me all the time. " Ishida grinned. Hikawa elbowed him in the stomach. "Ow…hey!"

Yumichika chuckled. " I wouldn't like that answer either."

"Yeah, yeah. Well time to go, Yumichika. We have ta get ta the Hollow before the Quincy."

"Alright." Yumichika nodded. "I'll find you again later, Hikawa."

Ikkaku rolled his eyes and disappeared followed by Yumichika.

"Like Hell you will!" Ishida shouted after them. He turned to face Hikawa with a scowl on his face. "Just like those shinigami always showing up and annoying people. And why the heck is your face red?"

"No it's not." Hikawa said looking down.

"Yes it is. You're blushing aren't you?" Ishida crossed his arms.

"Shut-up. I'm guy shy okay?" Hikawa said in defense.

"Oh sure. Not around me you aren't."

"Ishida, I'm six years older than you. Of course I'm not." Hikawa put one hand on her hip. " And why did you tell them you saved me from that hollow. What's so wrong with people knowing I'm-"

"Sh!" Ishida covered her mouth with his hand. "Not so loud!"

"Mgh!" Hikawa shoved his hand away. Get off me!"

"Sorry, Hikawa. It's just not safe right now." Ishida explained.

"Not safe? Everyone knows you're a Quincy."

"That was before I knew there was another on. It's safer if everyone thinks there is only one left."

"That's because you tell everyone you're the last!"

"Well I was at the time!"

"So you thought. It's different now. There are two of us, that's a fact."

"And I want to keep it that way. If word got out," Ishida said with a shudder. "That crazy 12th squad captain would come after you."

Hikawa sighed shaking her head. She'd heard the horror stories about Mayuri Kurotsuchi Taicho and his laboratory. She also knew why Ishida would be worried. He'd already tried to capture Ishida alive. There was no doubt he would try and do the same with her.

"I just want you to be safe, Hikawa." Ishida said resting his hand on her shoulder.

"I realize that, Ishida." Hikawa said. "Let's just say it's a mutual feeling. Neither of us wants to lose the other. You're the pesky little brother I never had." She grinned.

Ishida scowled. "Well you're the perfectionist older sister I never had."

Hikawa laughed. "Too true. So in other words you're my only family. I have to protect my family." Without warning, Hikawa threw her arms around Ishida's torso.

"Gah! What are you doing?"

"Showing you some sister love." Hikawa pulled away with a cute smile on her face.

Ishida blushed slightly and smiled patting her head reminding Hikawa of how much taller he was.

"Quit that." She said shoving his hand away. This time Ishida laughed and put his arm around her shoulders propelling her forward.

"Come on. Let's get out of here. The area reeks of shinigami."

Hikawa allowed herself to be moved forward. She bit her bottom lip a moment then spoke again. "Ishida, what was that shinigami's name again?" She asked pink tingeing her cheeks.

"Why?" Ishida asked suddenly defensive again.

"I…kind of…liked him." Hikawa admitted.

Ishida stopped in his tracks. "You liked Ayasegawa Yumichika? That pretty boy shinigami?"

Hikawa blushed deeper. "Yes, I do. Is there something wrong with that?" She asked innocently.

"Uh yeah! He's a shinigami! Of course there's something wrong with that!"

Hikawa frowned. " I'm not going to base my opinions of people on your biased views. I can like who I want." Hikawa crossed her arms.

"Is that so? Well what happens when he finds out what you are? You can't just tell a shinigami something like that."

"Well…I just won't tell him…I've done just fine with keeping my ability a secret from everyone else."

"Still. I can't believe you like him. He's so full of himself and his aesthetic appearance."

"Well…he thought I was beautiful…"Hikawa said shyly.

"So you like him because he called you beautiful?"

"No, there is just something about him. I'm not sure why. I just like him."

"Cheh. Whatever." Ishida waved his hand.

"Do you think he likes me?"

"How should I know? I'm not about to go ask him for you either. He was probably just saying that to be polite." Ishida said irritably.

"Oh I see." Hikawa's face saddened and she bent her head down slightly. "Yeah, you're probably right. I-I mean he only just met me. He was just being polite." Hikawa started walking again, slowly.

Ishida sighed instantly regretting what he had just said. "Hikawa wait up." Ishida grabbed the girl's should and moved around to face her. "Hikawa…are you crying?" Ishida said shocked.

"No." Hikawa shook her head wiping her eyes. When she looked at him tears formed in her eyes again.

Surprised, Ishida put his arms around her. "Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." Ishida said soothingly. "Any guy would be an idiot not to like you."

Hikawa looked up. "Really? Or are you just saying that?"

Ishida leaned his forehead against hers. "Really Hikawa. You are a very special, one-of-a-kind girl." Ishida smiled. "And not just because you're a Quincy."

Hikawa smiled and hugged the younger boy. "Thanks, Ishida."

"Sure. Now do you mind if we get out of here?"

Hikawa giggled and nodded. "Sure."

"Good." Ishida took her by the arm and lead her from the park.

Yumichika leaned against a tree inspection his nails absently as Ikkaku fought the current Hollow. He didn't mind being left out of the action. Ikkaku could handle himself and Yumichika was glad to let him. Though, the other man tended to get rather loud when he fought. Shouting his name so the Hollow would know who had beaten it.

Yumichika looked up as the Hollow's roaring died down. "That's your seventh today, Ikkaku. Why do you suppose so many have shown up?"

"Hell if I know." Ikkaku responded. " I just care about getting them beat and going back to Soul Society."

"I don't really want to go back just yet." Yumichika pushed himself away from the tree. "There was something interesting about that girl, Hikawa Takisaki."

"Ya mean besides how she could see us?" Ikkaku slung his sheathed katana over his shoulder.

"That's a bit odd isn't it? And her reitsu is different too." Yumichika said.

"So what? She's different. Big deal." Ikaku said chaning his weight from one foot to the other. "What of it?"

"She's beautiful don't you think? Her long black hair was perfectly straight down her back. Soft gray eyes and fair skin. She was born to match." Yumichika smiled. "Her cute little petite form coming up to my chest-"

"Yeah, yeah. Keep it to yourself, Yumichika." Ikkaku started walking. "Daydream all ya want but I got stuff to do."

"Slow down, Ikkaku. Rushing isn't a beautiful thing. It'll mess up my hair."

"Yeah, well I ain't beautiful ta begin with. Now ya comin' or not?"

"Yes, I'm coming." Yumichika followed after his friend. "I still want to see her again."

"Enough already! She's human and she ain't goin' nowhere."

"How can you be certain?"

"If it'll make ya shut yer trap about it, I'll personally make sure she doesn't leave."

Yumichika laughed. " You don't have to go that far, Ikkaku."

"Whatever. Let's just get this mission over with."

"Alright, I suppose so." Yumichika sighed.

"Then ya can do whatever ya feel like." Ikkaku started toward a newly appeared Hollow.

Yumichika smiled putting one hand on his hip. "Excellent."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment