Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Lurking Evil

Ishida Uryuu has discovered that he is truly not the last Quincy. There is another, a female, Takisaki Hikawa. Ishida insists that Hikawa remain a secret.

But what will happen when a certain pretty boy shinigami falls unwittingly for the Quincy?

Chapter 3 - Lurking Evil

Chapter 3 - Lurking Evil
He watched from his perch high up the mountain as the two Quincy left and the last Shinigami disappeared. The last Hollow had failed in its mission to grab the girl and he was getting frustrated. It had taken three days and countless Hollow to get that close and still, Takisaki Hikawa had eluded him.

"So the Shinigami are helping her." He said to himself. "This will make things more difficult but perhaps I can use him against her. That flashy shinigami may just be my chance at success."

He had seen Yumichika catch Hikawa mid-fall and how Ishida reacted to it. He had seen Hikawa hide her abilities countless times from the shinigami and ever her friends. He knew her Quincy powers were going to be her downfall. He just had to be patient and wait.

"I'll see you soon, Takisaki Hikawa. This time, I won't fail." He laughed to himself then disappeared.

Ishida stopped at Urahara's shop and set Hikawa down next to him. She hadn't said anything the whole way there and it worried him. Hikawa sat on the porch letting her legs dangle and stared at the ground. Ishida watched her for a moment unsure if he should say anything.

Urahara slid the door open and peered out. "You're both unusually quiet today." He said.

Hikawa didn't respond but pulled one knee up to her chest, resting her chin on it. Ishida crossed his arms and pulled his eyes from her to look at the shopkeeper.

"She's been like that since we parted with the fifth seat of Squad Eleven." Ishida sighed and adjusted his glasses.

"Oh?" Urahara opened his fan and moved it back and forth. "Having boy trouble, I see?" His voice took on a light-hearted sound.

"You could call it that, I suppose." Ishida responded. "He complimented Hikawa and slapped her in the face at the same time. Metaphorically speaking of course."

"You can't take what Ayasegawa Yumichika says to heart. He's vain and narcissistic." Urahara sat behind Hikawa with his legs folded.

"He'll hate me." Hikawa whispered.

"Hmm?" Urahara stopped his fan.

Hikawa lifted her head. "He'll hate me if he finds out what I am." Her face was dry and free from tear stains.

She didn't cry. Ishida thought. I thought for sure she would.

"Then what are you going to do?" Ishida said out loud.

Hikawa shrugged and stood up stretching her arms above her head. "I don't know. I guess I'll just roll with the punches."

Urahara raised his fan in the air and smiled. "That's a girl!"

"But Hikawa, what if he does find out?" Ishida asked.

"Who knows? Maybe I can change his viewpoint before then." Hikawa smiled. In truth she was scared to death of the possibility but she hoped she could help Yumichika see and understand that Quincy were not all that different from shinigami. They had the same end goal, to protect those souls in the mortal realm and those in the Soul Society.

Urahara grinned. "Perhaps you can, Hikawa-chan. Maybe you are the only one that can change his mind."

"I'm going to try. Show him I'm a normal person." Hikawa giggled. "Or as normal as a Quincy can be."

"I still don't like it." Ishida kicked at a rock on the ground. "I mean, he's still a stuck up, self-centered, not-good-enough-for-my-sister, shinigami."

Hikawa smiled and hugged the younger Quincy from behind. "You worry too much, Ishida. I'll be okay. I can handle anything he throws my way."

Ishida sighed, nodding his head. "I know, I know. But I don't promise I'll be happy about it."

"Keep in mind, Hikawa, that you will be having someone with you at all times." Urahara interjected. Once again his fan moved back and forth in front of his face.

Hikawa sighed. "Somehow I knew you were going to say that."

"Outside of school hours it will more than likely be Ishida-kun. Therefore you will be able to use your powers most of the time. Otherwise, a shinigami will be accompanying you."

Ishida adjusted his glasses and smirked. "So I get to be your babysitter."

Hikawa scowled and smacked the back of his head. "You don't have to say it like that."

Urahara chuckled behind his fan. "I'd swear you two were related if I didn't know better." His eyes closed as a huge grin spread across his face.

Hikawa put her hands on her hips and smiled. Ishida rubbed the sore on his head glaring at her. Anyone would assume they were brother and sister both by appearance and behavior. Ishida still had a father but he chose not to live with him. Thus by the circumstances, both appeared to be parentless.

Yoruichi lazily walked out onto the porch, disguised as a black cat. She stretched letting out a small mew then sat next to Urahara. "Hitsugaya Taicho and his task team has just arrived. They are already fighting the Hollow."

"So they are, Yoruichi-san. I can sense their reitsu." Hikawa sighed. "How will I ever use my powers with this many around?"

Urahara closed his fan and tapped it on his knee. "You'll just have to use extreme caution and only when Ishida is around." The shopkeeper smiled. "Then you can blame any misfires on him."

Ishida frowned. "Yeah, right. Like I'd misfire."

Hikawa laughed. "Will do, Urahara-san."

"Oi, Ishida. Why're you here?" Kurosaki Ichigo said appearing behind them.

"If you must know, Kurosaki, I'm protecting Hikawa."

"Huh?" Ichigo's face turned to confusion. "What's going on?"

"Yoruichi and I have discovered that for some reason, these Hollow appearances are directly connected to Hikawa-chan. Until we find out why, she'll need protecting." Urahara said leaning an elbow on his knee.

"Isn't it a little strange that that many Hollow would be after a single human? No offense, Hikawa."" Ichigo said. He was in his substitute shinigami form with Zangetsu strapped to his back.

"That's what the taskforce is here for, Kurosaki."

Ichigo spun around in surprise. "Toshirou!"

The Tenth Squad captain folded his arms. "It's Hitsugaya Taicho to you, Kurosaki."

"Ah Hitsugaya Taicho, it's a pleasure as always." Urahara waved.

Hikawa turned around and bowed her head respectfully. "Thank you for your help in the matter, Hitsugaya Taicho."

Hitsugaya looked at her a moment then closed his eyes, nodding once. "I take it you are Takisaki Hikawa then."

"Mmmhmm." Hikawa nodded.

The young captain opened his eyes again. "Urahara, I've brought with me a four member taskforce. We will been a base of operation to rendezvous."

Urahara nodded. "My shop is always open, Hitsugaya Taicho."

"Good." Hitsugaya then turned to Ichigo. "Why are you standing there, Kurosaki? You should be out there fighting the Hollow."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going. See ya later Hikawa, Ishida." The orange-haired shinigami disappeared in a flash.

"I've heard that Squad Eleven's third and fifth seat are here as well as Kuchiki Rukia. Is that correct?" Hitsugaya asked.

"Taicho, you are on top of things as always I see. Yes, it's correct." Urahara said.

"Third seat Madarame went back to Soul Society to being the taskforce." Ishida said. "Did you not see him?"

Hitsugaya shook his head. "I did not."

"Maybe you left before he found you. Either way the taskforce is here to investigate." Yoruichi stood up and stretched. "Hopefully the problem will be dealt with quickly and you can return to your normal life, Hikawa."

"I would love that, Yoruichi-san." Hikawa responded. Ishida nodded his agreement.

Urahara looked up. "The Hollows seem to be increasing. You'd better get out there."

Hitsugaya nodded. "The taskforce will convene as soon as we've taken care of the Hollow." The youngest captain disappeared without another word.

"We'll be going, too." Ishida said. "Are you ready, Hikawa?"

"Yes. I'd love to do some fighting." Hikawa held up two fists in a fighter's stance.

Ishida laughed and grabbed her arm. "Come on crazy lady."

Both Quincy disappeared leaving Urahara and Yoruichi sitting on the front porch. Urahara once again flared out his fan and moved it back and forth.

"It seems that no one knows she's a Quincy." Urahara said.

"There's no telling how long that will last." Yoruichi responded. "Someone is bound to see her."

Urahara nodded. "We can only keep her father's wishes for so long. I hope he understands the situation and forgives us if we fail his final request."

Yoruichi nodded and padded inside. "I think I'll go out and help them" Her voice change to a more feminine one. A few minutes later, Yoruichi walked back out in her human form, fully clothed.

"Keep an eye on our girl, then." Urahara stood.

"Mm." Yoruichi took a few steps before using Shunpo to find the Quincy.

Urahara looked after her a moment. The sun was setting and the Hollow numbers would increase. He pointed his can e at the sun. "Forgive me, Takisaki-san, I may not be able to keep my promise." He dropped the end of his cane letting it hit the wooden porch. Urahara nodded once and turned to go back inside.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment