Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Chapter 8: The key towards flawless

Jenny is a seventeen year old who thinks she's a girl with boring aspects and personality. She passes her time by observing her two best friends Russ and Maya who she feels are interesting and special individuals. Not believing she really matters in this

Chapter 9 - Chapter 8: The key towards flawless

Chapter 9 - Chapter 8: The key towards flawless






I dunno if this is going to be chapter 8 or chapter 8a, but I just felt like posting it already.






(Kaspar = notebook, rememberz)













Chapter 8: The key towards Flawless.






After I had dropped Maya off at her home and returned to mine, I went up to my room and let myself fall down on the bed.





I took Kaspar out of the drawer from my nightstand. I started wondering what I wanted to find out. What my goal would be. You can’t really do much without a goal right? Was it just to find out about how they live their lives, outside of mine? Then shouldn’t I ask about their agenda? Where they would be at certain times and try to sneak a peek? But if I asked boldly face to face, wouldn’t they ask me ‘Why?’?





Maybe if I could just look into their schoolagenda, slip it out of their bag or something.





Maya would be easy, since we were in the same class. I might as well say that I want to scribble something down in it. I’ve seen girls from my class do it, and before they came down to the actual scribbling stuff, they’d always study the entire agenda. So there’d be nothing suspicious about it.





Would a similar tactic work on Russ?





Using the fact that he’s got the blushing cheeks for me, to ask if I may scribble something down in his agenda?





This didn’t seem as difficult as I first thought. Too bad tomorrow would be Saturday, so no school. Saturday was also the day I was scheduled to spend with Russ, even though we had nothing planned.





I decided to turn up at his doorstep early in the morning, then he would ask me in, not having had a chance to get dressed. This was needed, for as he would go upstairs to get ready, I’d have a chance to take a look around the house, and then before we would leave I’d ask for the agenda, when it would still be within reach. If I waited too long and he’d call to meet at a store or something, then no way he’d have his agenda with him. Yeah, this seemed a pretty good plan. I thought to have considered all aspects. Time, place, reason (“The end of the schoolyear is coming close, so a little doodle to remember me by.” Or something in that direction.”), that are all the needed aspects right?





I got up at seven in the morning, got dressed, crammed down my breakfast and went on my way towards his home. I rang the doorbell a couple of time until finally someone opened the door.





“Do you know what time it is?”





shoot, it’s his father!





That I didn’t take into consideration: other people.





“Hello mister Shore, I’m sorry to disturb so early in the morning, but Russ and I had agreed to meet here.”





“At eight in the morning?”





“Yes sir.” I guess ‘I need to take a dump’ wouldn’t save me out of this situation.





“He’s upstairs sleeping. Usually he doesn’t wake up until nine, but if you say you agreed to meet, I guess you can go up and wake him. You’re that Jenny girl right? I guess he won’t mind.”





“Thank you sir.”





That was pretty easy.





Up the stairs, first door to my right. The room was dark, so he must still be sleeping. In the light of the hallway, I saw a lamp standing on his desk. I closed the door behind me as quietly as I could and moved into the direction where I had seen the lamp. I switched on the light, he didn’t wake up. I walked towards the bed and looked down.





He had a real cute sleeping face. His lips seemed so kissable.





Huh? What the hell? Never mind!





I rolled the desk chair to a place where I could see Russ best. His face, upperchest and leftarm above the blankets, laying on his side with his righthand under his face. With his leftarm he was clutching the blankets, sometimes he’d give off a little moan and his feet caressed themselves.





“Mmm.”





That had to be one sweet dream there.





“J..Jenn..”





Oh my god! That was… another unexpected aspect. Damn, how could a plan be flawless when such weird things could happen! Sigh! How many more aspects could there be. I got Kaspar out of the bag I carried around and noted it down:





New aspects to take into consideration when thinking up a plan:




[ul]
[*]
other people that might be there




[*]
weird, unexpected things




[/ul]
Weird, unexpected things. UFO’s crashing down? Or maybe…




[ul]
[*]
Russ having a crush on me (expect sometimes weird behaviour: to be further investigated)




[/ul]
Perhaps I should ask someone about how guys get when in love. What behaviour is to be expected.





Maybe there is a book about it. Then a trip to the library would be sufficient. Might as well go today, since we’ve got nothing planned anyway. He can go look into cosmetic stuff and as he’ll soon get swept away by the interesting information, I’ll just update my knowledge about boys in love, which currently is none.





Time was passing away and Russ soundlessly made sure he got the best out of his beautysleep, I could just hear his hair scream: “We’re becoming more and more beautiful oh glamorous one! Just sleep a while longer!” His pores must be breathing refreshing air, for the air in his room was amazingly fresh. Don’t ask me how he pulled that off. But sitting here felt as if my entire body was cleansed from any pollution in nowaday’s sky. I bet Russ could make lots of money setting up a yoga or meditation practise here. Or a spa. Or a spa that includes a yoga and or meditation possibility for those interested.





I wondered after how many lightflashes he would wake up and I started switching the desk lamp on and off, spotlighted on his face. 1…2…3…4….5…6…7… I started curving in my notebook….8….9….10…11… his closed eyes started to twitch....12…13…14… his body began to toss and turn…15…16…17… he was getting more and more restless…18…19…he flew up, as if he had heard a bomb explode. Nineteen… huh… I wrote down a big nineteen down in Kaspar and doodled some clouds and flowers around it.





While doing so I said: “I guess I can pull the curtains open now? Freaking dark in here.”





After the first ‘I’ he had already fallen out of bed from shock. He looked up in my direction laying, I must admit, in an incredibly cute way there on the floor.





“W..who?”





I switched the desklight on again, like I had done nineteen, no, twenty times already.





“J..Jenn?”





Yes, it is I.





“How?”





Your dad let me in.





“Why..?”





It’s Saturday right?





“Huh?”





He was about to get up and, I guess, talk some more standing up, but that’d be such a waste.





Before I knew it a ‘Don’t.” escaped me.





“Don’t what?”





“Keep laying there.”





“…”





I walked over and sat down beside him, my butt next to his, my feet a couple inches away from his cheeks. Maybe he could see my nostrils from there. Is there such a thing as someone having beautiful nostrils? I bet he would know.





“Why?”





I wondered if my feet polluted his just refreshed pores. Couldn’t have that happening, or else his sleep would have been for nothing. Thus I turned around and lay down next to him. I stared at the ceiling, he stared at me.





“How are your pores?” I asked and looked at him, seeing a very confused Russ. “I didn’t clogg them up again, did I?” I moved my face a little closer to his so I could take a better look. How did a pore look like anyway? Was it a hole in your skin or something? If anything, it was probably too dark to see anything despite of the light from the desklamp.





“What are you talking about.”





“…”





“Stop looking.”





“…”





“My pores are fine.”





“…You sure?”





“Yes.”





“Hmm.” That’s a relief.





“…”





“…”





We were both silent for a while. I don’t know what he was thinking about, but I was still thinking of his pores.





“You… look pretty today.” He suddenly said, half whispering, half talking.





“I bet you’ve got better looking pores.”





“Enough with my pores!”





Okay, okay.





Russ turned over so that he was suddenly on top of me. Looking into my eyes like you see in movies. They don’t just look into your eyes, they explore every corner of it. You see the eyes going: left, right, left, right, left, center, short pause. Then he leant down for the kiss.





Who would’ve thought my first (second, third and fourth) kiss would be stolen.





I gave it a sigh while kissing, and for some reason he felt encouraged by it because he became more passionate. His head performing the same movement his eyes had done: left, right, left, right…





When he finally got his lips off me, he pecked me on the cheek, neck, back on the lips. Could he not sense my ‘no response’?





I jerked my head away.





“I need to take a dump.”





“…”





“…”





“That again? You’re such a moodbreaker. Do really have such a bad bowel or are you making up excuses?”





“Think.”





And for a second he was thinking.





“You can’t go into my room like this, laying beside me looking so cute, and not expect me to do anything. I like you Jenny. I really do. You must have noticed last Thursday. Holding onto me like that, you like me too right?”





“We walk close to each other all the time. Just because I tried out another way of walking, doesn’t immediately mean I like you... in that kind of way.”





“But… You were enjoying our kiss too! Don’t deny it, you were sighing!”





Ooh, that certainly explains why he felt encouraged. Kaspar screamed at me: write it down, write it down, I’ve got enough blank pages!





“So… Can we kiss again?” He asked. “I really like the feel of your lips.” He grinned.





Kaspar: “GRAB THAT DAMN PEN!”





“Get dressed, I want to go to the library.” I responded.





He was stunned. “You want to go somewhere? Well, that’s a first! Love does change a person.” He laughed. “I’d love to go to the library with you and I’d love to hear more about your ‘wants’ too. We can go any place you like. I was always wondering whether or not it was boring you to follow me around to where I wanted to go, but you never said anything. I’m really glad. Really glad.”





“It was never boring…” What’s up with Maya and Russ always thinking that I don’t like spending time with them? Do I always look that bored? Well.. maybe… that could be true.





I wanted to add a “…there’s just this book I wanted to check out.” but for a moment I was stunned by Russ’ expression. He looked… touched. Smiling weirdly, smiling as if he just won the lottery and thus the load of an immense debt fell off his shoulders. He sighed, he laughed, he grinned, he kissed me more passionately than a while ago. Guess there was no helping this weirdo.





“Your finally expressing your wants, I want you to do that more and more, and I’ll do everything in my power to fulfil that wish of yours. Hoping someday I’ll become one of your wants.” He whispered before he kicked me out of his room so he could get changed.





After a little while he came out of his room, his hair still in a mess.





“I need to go fix me up a little, but… it will take a while. I don’t know if you want to come along into the bathroom or watch TV downstairs.”





My wants huh.





“Don’t fix yourself up, I like your bedroom hair. And I want you to always keep your window unlocked and a ladder against the wall that’s high enough to reach your window.”





“…” He laughed. “You’re weird.”





I caught myself laughing too, for it seemed our feelings were mutual in a way. Just not like how he’d like it.





He squealed and kissed me again.





“You laughed! So cute!”





He really didn’t know how to stop, did he? But him getting excited and happy like that, just over me laughing… it was interesting? Would that work with Maya too? Or would she think I was making fun of her? All the while Kaspar was burning in my pocket, screaming, pounding his none-existing fists against my leg: C’MON! DON’T POSTPONE THIS ANY LONGER! WRITE DOWN IN ME!





An hour and half later, we were on our way to the library (“Just a small fix up!”). Though, not quite as expected, Russ kept standing beside me.





“Don’t you want to look through some books?”





“Not really.”





“Not even ‘Cosmetic girl’?”





“Haha, no.”





Damn.





“Don’t you like it when someone’s looking over your shoulder when in a library?”





I looked up at him.





A smile formed on his face. “Okay then, I’ll go look at some stuff too then.”





He turned around, putting his hands in his side, studying the shelves full books as if he was thinking: “Where to start.”. Did he usually not go to libraries?





I walked over towards the helpdesk.





“Do you have books about boys in love. Non-fiction I mean.”





She gave me a hard stare, as if she was trying to get inside my head and find out why I wanted it, knowing it’d be rude to ask. To make it easier on her, I concentrated and teleported my thoughts to her: No, I’m not in love with a boy, but I’m doing some research for the sake of a couple experiments I unfortunately can’t tell you much about.





She smiled. I guess the message was received successfully.





“As a matter of fact we do. It’s not exclusively about boys in love, but about boys in general. There’s a chapter about love in it though. The book is called ‘Boys’ by Marian Turner and James Fozak. It’s over in that shelf.” Her finger showed me the way.





“Thanks.”





I grabbed the book, registered the take out with the librarian, casually hit it in a ‘stoffen’ back I had with me, and went over to Russ to tell him I was done. He smiled, we left.





“Where do you want to go now?”





I shrugged.





So we went shopping.





Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

StephAlanPoe on August 2, 2006, 3:08:50 AM

StephAlanPoe on
StephAlanPoeAhhh, this makes a lot more sense! :-D dont fret, your story still rules! and even moreso now its fixed... and feel free to brainstorm on my profile again Xp

update soon!

fuzzy_the_bear on July 31, 2006, 4:36:40 AM

fuzzy_the_bear on
fuzzy_the_bearMMMOOOORRRRREEEEEEEE please ^_^

StephAlanPoe on July 31, 2006, 2:41:52 AM

StephAlanPoe on
StephAlanPoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! he kissed her! whats Maya gonna say about that? ooooh, cant wait for the next chapter... this story has me hooked...

Eggplant on July 31, 2006, 2:41:30 AM

Eggplant on
EggplantOh, right I didn't correct that:

For the none-dutch speakers here: 'stoffen' at the end of chapter 8 is a kind of fabric that I don't know the English translation of.

Sorry for the stupidity I own =_0;;;