Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Smile

A selection of short stories based on different themes. Romance, Comedy, Teen, Drama...all rolled into one nice little package. Surely, you'll find something you like in this series of tales.

Chapter 1 - Smile

Chapter 1 - Smile
A long, soft sigh flew into the air. Julian's mouth closed after producing the sound, his lips softly pursing together. Reaching up with his right hand, he placed a fallen strand of hair that had escaped his low corn silk ponytail behind his ear. Resting one leg over the other, he placed his arm on his lap. Julian sighed once more. "Late as always," He spoke to himself, though a wider smile graced his lips with these sad words. Even though he was being forced to wait, he couldn't help but feel somewhat happy. He would wait forever if he had to, so why start complaining when he knew that deep down, he didn't mind?

He perked his head up as a distant sound reached his ears. It was a jingly sound, like that of metal clapping against each other. Turning his head, he smiled warmly. Running towards him was what most people would think was a woman, but he knew better. Sure, the long purple hair that flowed down from behind a plastic neon pink headband could trick the eyes. Even the fact that the individual was wearing a blue baby tee with off-the-shoulder sleeves and pink heart in the middle, accompanied by a latex miniskirt, colored a light blue to match the tee. The legs, so feminine, were clad in a pair of matching blue latex boots with pink lace stockings peeling out just above the knee. Bracelets and rings lined the very gentle-looking fingers and arms. So overall, yes, one would think that there was beautiful woman running towards him. But Julian knew better. And that's all that mattered.

He rose to his feet slowly before addressing the feminine figure. "Gabe..." He spoke softly, only to let out a pained grunt as he was glomped.
"Juuuules! Awww, it's been ages!" The voice behind the looks dispelled all on-looker's assumptions, as it was clearly male. The purple haired boy wrapped his arms around the frail body of Julian, clinging to him. Julian laughed softly.
"Gabe...my dear friend, you're...crushing my lungs." Gabriel pulled back, grinning sheepishly.
"Sorry...I'm just so excited you could spend time with me today!"
"You know I will always make time for you, Gabe...whenever you need me,"
Julian spoke sweetly and seriously. Gabriel smiled, picking up Julian's left hand and taking it into his.
"I know...I can always rely on you for everything, Jules." There was a small sense of peace and love between the two. Julian looked at his friend, admiring the boy's unnatural beauty. Suddenly, though, Gabriel flashed a smile and gripped tightly onto Julian's hand before dragging him down the sidewalk, "Come on! We have to beat the teen girl rush if we want to get the best miniskirts!"
Julian followed, his legs moving on their own as the rest of his body seemed to fall limp and allow itself to be directed. He chuckled, "Gabriel...no need to be in a hurry. We have all day..." The purple haired boy turned his head, panting out batted breaths before speaking.
"I know...but I still want to get there early."

They soon arrived at this destination, a small boutique dedicated to elite feminine street clothes as well as accessories. Julian felt nervous as he followed the ever cheerful Gabriel inside. It was often rare to find men in such stores and for those who were there, they were usually accompanied by female companions. Julian knew that, more than likely, people would believe him to be just the same and that Gabriel was his girlfriend. Still, it felt strange and he couldn't help the sensation that he was being watched by the numerous high school girls who had, too, flocked to the shop. The blonde boy looked at his companion, who seemed completely undeterred by the few glances they received. Gabriel let go of Julian's hand, becoming totally distracted by a mannequin on a pedestal towards the back. Julian tried to stay close, not wanting to make himself seem out of place.

"Woooow..." Gabriel cooed as he admired the mannequin from different angles, "I like that belt. Don't you, Julian?" Julian nodded, his answer quiet. He didn't particularly care much for fashion, as evident in his lack of style. But why should he? He was comfortable in his loose magenta long-sleeved top, dark denim jeans and simple sandals. Besides, he rarely ever got to go out and enjoy himself. His days were spent in his office, performing cosmetic miracles while his nights were spent filing paperwork. It was nice to get out once in a while. It was even better when it was in the company of such a beautiful person. But there was no need to go out of his way to appear fashionable, not even for Gabriel. Comfort above style, as they say.

Gabriel tangoed around the various racks of clothing, picking up random items and adding them to the ever growing pile in his hands. Suddenly, he turned to Julian with a wide grin. "Let's go try these on, mkay?"
"Me too?"
Julian asked with slight discomfort. Trying on clothes was a tedious act and, judging by the pile, Gabriel had chosen some very uncomfortable pieces. But the femme boy opposite him just nodded and turned heel, walking towards the dressing booths. Julian sighed and reluctantly followed.

The next hour was spent changing into tight clothing, coming out, being humiliated and changing again. Julian was pleased when Gabriel announced he was finished shopping. In the end, he never actually bought anything. Julian felt like smacking him but just chuckled uncomfortably and suggested they go out to eat. "Brilliant idea!" Gabriel complimented and ordered that they visit Strawberry Bistro. After all, Julian's older brother did own it and that meant one thing and one thing alone: free sundaes. Julian complied and they walked several blocks before reaching the establishment.

"Oro? Julian! Doom! How nice to see you!"
"Likewise, Dafne. How are you?"
Julian smiled as he and Gabriel stood at the podium, watching the woman behind it. She was shorter than both of them but had a large frame. Her short black hair kissed her face, her large blue eyes shimmering by the dim lights beside her. She was dressed in a chemise and apron but her ample cleavage remained dominant. Julian was used to it, though. His eyes met her face while his companion gave her chest a tad more attention. "I hope you've been well?"
"Of course. You guys want a window seat? There's one in the VIP section."
The girl picked up two menus, holding them to her chest which caused Gabriel's vision to advert. "Want me to let Antoine know you're here?"
"Well...I don't want to bother him..."
"Hell yeah! I wanna see him!"
Gabriel spurted out as he clung onto Julian's arm. He always liked Antoine. He was so stern and it was fun to try and make him laugh. Dafne laughed and led the boys back, seating them in a secluded booth beside a large window. She handed them the menus and left to retrieve her beloved boss.

"Hmm...what are you gonna have?" Gabriel asked as he read the menu up and down. His eyes looked over the laminated paper, observing his company put the menu down and dig into his pocket. Julian withdrew a pair of glasses, slipping them on his face before picking the menu up again. "Man, Jules. Your eyes are getting worse, huh?" He asked, concern. He knew Julian had worn glasses all his life but never did he have to wear glasses to read a menu before. Julian smiled.
"Yes...it would seem so. But it's alright." Doom slammed his hand down on the table, causing Julian to jump a little.
"frack no it's not!" Julian leaned in, his smile fading.
"Gabe, please. Don't be so loud." Gabriel rarely raised his voice or used profanity. But he was an Akamatseru nonetheless. They were well known for their potty mouths. He was no exception.
"Julian, your whole livelihood depends on your eyesight. What are you going to do when you go blind?" Julian leaned back, the plush of the booth massaging him.
"I don't really know. I have enough money as of now to live off of for a bit but.." Doom shook his head, rubbing his temple.
"You spend so much time healing other people. Heal yourself for once." Julian smiled again. It was rare for Gabriel to be so serious but it was sweet, heart warming.
"It's alright. I swear...now...I think I'll have a strawberry shortcake and some tea. You?"
"Hum....if you get the shortcake, can I have some? And I'll get an eclair to share with you."
"Of course. Do you want to share the tea too?"
"Yes, please."
"You two are going to create a whole new type of AIDS if you keep sharing things."
The two boys turned. Antoine stood at the end of the table, Dafne behind him. He looked just as Gabriel remembered. His hair was long, much like Julian's, but it was a midnight black. His eyes were blue like Julian's as well, only much darker. He was dressed in a black vest, pinstripe shirt and slacks. He looked rather regal, not like the type of man who owned a bistro that thrived off of desserts. Julian frowned.
"That's not something you should joke about, frere." Antoine looked at Julian, his expression blank.
"Je m'excuse. I didn't mean to offend. In any case, I wasn't expecting you today. Don't you have work?"
"No. I took the day off to spend time with Gabriel."
At the mention of his name, the boy waved.
"I see. Well then...Dafne, you heard their orders. Get to it." The girl meeped at the command but quickly disappeared. Julian sighed.
"Si moyen. Shouldn't you be nicer to your own girlfriend?"
"Do not give me romance advice. I will hear none of it coming from someone like you. When was the last time you were with someone?"
Julian opened his mouth but remained silent, for his brother already knew the answer. A rare smile crossed the raven-haired man's lips and he turned.
"Comme j'ai pensé. I shall see you later, frere." The dark figure left the two. Gabriel twiddled his thumbs, unsure of what to say or do.

"Um..."
"It's alright. My brother does come off a bit...harsh, does he not? Still, he's blood."
Julian sighed. Gabriel nodded.
"I think he just wants you to be happy and...well...he's happy because he's with Dafne, right? So it only makes sense that you would be happy if with someone else. Think about it, Jules. When was the last time you were with someone? Since Armel and Herve?" Julian bit his lip softly, going through the recesses of his mind. His last relationship was back when he was 18. He was now 20. Yes, it had been quite a long time but Julian never felt bothered by it. He didn't need to prove his existence through that of another. However, there were times when he felt lonely. They were just passing feelings so he never thought much of it. But if both his brother and Gabriel thought he needed someone, maybe he did. "Jules, isn't there someone who makes you...you know...horny?" Julian laughed.
"So blunt, as always." The click clank of heels stopped Julian from continuing. Dafne returned, balancing trays of food on her palms.
"Sorry it took so long! Here you go!" She laid the trays down on the table, lifting the two plates of food and putting them in front of the boys. She then sat the tall glass of tea in the middle of them, placing two straws beside it. "There! Is that everything?"
"Yes. Thanks,"
Gabriel said as he stuck one of the straws in the tea. Julian smiled and nodded her off before turning his attention to his treat.

The cake was chilled. The atmosphere was crisp. The tea was causing his lung to collapse from sheer coldness. So why was his body still so hot? Gabriel looked up at his friend, his lips glued to the straw as he suckled. Julian seemed uncomfortable, drinking opposite him. Gabriel removed his lips, causing Julian to do the same with a confused look. "Something wrong, Gabe?"
"You look uncomfortable..."
Gabriel mumbled as he crossed his arms on the table, his long fingers gripping the fork that was sticking out of his eclair. "What's up?"
Julian smiled and shook his head. "And that!" Gabriel exclaimed, "You keep smiling for no reason."
"Que? Do you not like my smile, Gabe?"
Julian asked innocently, sliding his glasses down his nose.
"That's not what I meant...it's just...you always smile and I don't know how you feel when you do."
"I feel happy. That's why I smile."
"You feel happy when you're alone? When you're uncomfortable?"
"I'm never alone when I'm with you, Gabe."
"But you are STILL alone. Why don't you date anyone?"
Julian hesitated for a minute. He twirled his straw between his index finger and thumb.
"Hm..."

"Well..."
He began slowly, "I guess it's because I already found my special someone. They just don't know how I feel yet." Julian's word sank away as he turned his head towards the window. The air was silent, as Gabriel tried to find words.
"Hm...well, do I know this person? I could set you guys up." Julian laughed.
"Well...you do know them but...trust me. Let them notice me back on their own." Julian looked back at Gabriel, whose lip pouted.
"Jules..."
"Don't worry so much..."
The blonde boy reached out, taking a strand of Gabriel's hair in his hand and rubbing his lips against it. "I'll be fine. Now you...you should find someone who can make you happy."
Gabriel whined. "But I dooooo!" Julian pulled his hand away, his expression hardening.
"That...man. He's not the one for you." Gabriel swooned, disregarding Julian's voiced concern.
"You don't know him like I do," The violet-haired boy sighed before a mischievous look crossed him. "I daresay you are jealous." Julian gasped, horrified.
"W-what? Never. No. I'm not." Gabriel laughed, pointing at the distraught man.
"You totally are! You totally hate that Zack has all my attention!" His laughing subsided the moment Julian rose up. He put his hands on the table and leaned towards Gabriel.
"Gabriel....I'm not jealous." Though his expression was one filled with both anger and sorrow, his voice was soft as always. "I...I just don't like how he treats you. If it were I who had your affections, I'd be honored. I'd return them and I'd make sure to never lead you astray. That man...he doesn't care about you..." A part of him wanted to continue with 'like I do' but now was not the time. His blue eyes focused on Gabriel. He was listening closely, something he'd never done before. Julian sighed and sat down. Slowly, a smile came to him. "I'm sorry...I just don't want to see you hurt."
Gabriel, too, smiled. "I know. And thank you, Julian. You're the best friend a guy could have."

'Friend. Of course. But don't you forget, Gabriel. This smile isn't meant for anyone else...but you.'

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment