Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Untitled

Don't really know how to describe it...just read!

Chapter 1 - Untitled

Chapter 1 - Untitled


The mystic mists of the sweet smelling incense filled the room. It coated the floor in a thick fog and started to rise. The young girl, who was sitting on a bed of black sheets and dark grey pillows, blew out the match that she used to light the incense burner. The room was dark, except for a small lamp with a black-light bulb. The lamp was placed on the headboard of the maroon painted wood of the bed and it's frame.



The girl, who was named Karyn, looked around her dark room. She stood up. The long black cape that was tied around her shoulders slid off the bed and engulfed her body as she got up. She walked over to the large, body-sized mirror. The fog started whirling around the bottom of the cape. Twirling her black curls around her finger, Karyn looked at her pale face. The color of her dark red lips took attention away from her blue eyes. But there was something missing.



A call came from outside her closed door, a woman's voice. It was telling her to emerge from the blackness of her life and put on a fake smile for the guests at her house. She knew that they were waiting just for her. She sighed and grabbed her black eyeliner, the missing accent. Karyn took off the top of the slender pencil and applied it to her eyes. The call came again, this time louder. When she was finished, the put the top back on a placed it back where she got it from. She walked over the bed and she noticed the incense burner was just about out of incense.



Karyn removed the heavy cape from her shoulders and let it fall to the bed. With this action, she revealed an ankle long, strapless, white ball gown. There were beaded swirls and flowers embroidered of the front. She slowly floated to the door and turned the knob. Pushing the door open, she let the light of the outside light up her room. She took a quick glance around her black and red room, then turned back to the light.



She stepped out of her room and closed the door behind her. Karyn took a few steps toward the stairs leading down. Looking down, she saw people who awaited her. They were all dressed in red and green, but her choice of gown was the most elegant. She took the stairs down and stepped into her parents' world, the world they hoped she was in as well. Making sure she put on a smile, she wondered how she would survive, get through another party. A Christmas Party. The Christmas Party.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment