Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Lucky Break with the Lucky Break

Famous events through the eye's of Malait'kla It'kla.

Chapter 6 - Lucky Break with the Lucky Break

Chapter 6 - Lucky Break with the Lucky Break
As she dropped out of hyperspace the prime jewel of the Corellian five star system filled her viewport. She rotated the GAT-12j to put the planet "below" her more relative to her own perspective than actuality.

"Incoming vessel, transmit transponder and landing clearance. Proceed on course toward beacon thirteen thirty-seven." her comm chirped at her.

"Corellian landing authority, this is Lucky Break," she responded evenly. "Landing clearance beta two. Code-" she paused, scanning both her records and all the data she drained from Jabba. Selecting one of his codes for his personal ship she spilled the numbers "1A357H 259 Zulu."

There was a long pause on the other end of the line before the response lit up her board, "Proceed to docking platform C-net 45A. Prepare for escort."

Escort? Now that's not normal... Mala thought lining up her approach.

It took several long minutes before four Z-95s came and shadowed her down to the hanger. She specifically recognized Corsec markings on one and instantly her hopes dropped. Apparently the landing code she gave must have been flagged as one of Jabba's already. So much for a lucky break...

Mala landed the ship smoothly and shut it down but left Squealer in place. She knew he could fly the ship all by himself if things went poorly in the hangar. It would be bad news for her if that had to happen though.

As Mala came down the ramp, nervously checking to ensure both her lightsabers were carefully tucked up into the small of her back under her jacket. Four security personel flanked one civilian worker with a datapad. Each of the corsec guards had carbines drawn but relaxed in their grip.

"State your name for the records please," the black clad civilian ordered.

"Mala," she replied cooly. "Mala It Kla."

"Is this your vessel?" came the second question.

"Yes," Mala responded trying to keep the iritation out of her voice. "What's the problem?"

"The code you gave was suspicious and flagged for further questioning by our archives. However, a further scan of your vessel by the beacon showed a larger weapon payload than your transponder advertises. Corsec flagged your vessel for containment and investigation." The officer explained.

Mala weighed her odds, she could have cut them all down and scrambled back to her ship in time but two tractor beams and four ion cannons situated around the top wall of the hangar bay would have kept her from going anywhere. She signed and surrendered to a bad break.

"What seems to be the problem with my codes?" She tried with a curious sweet persuasion to her voice.

"Unknown at this time," the officer stated calmly. "Please come with us."

Mala kept her chin up and walked briskly into the open formation of the armed guards. She noticed they kept their guns in the general direction of her but with not as much authority or threat as a stormtrooper would have.
.......

Two hours later and fifteen million questions later, half of which Mala played ignorant, she sat in a small seven by seven room plain in imperial grey and alone.

Squealer had kicked on her security after she had disembarked and now the scanning team was beginning to get highly frustrated that they could not get on board her ship and scan for smuggled items that they suspected her of carrying. Try as she might, Mala's innocent act didn't seem to be going over too well...

The door slid open and another Rutian Twi'lek strode into the room. This one bore a series of tattoos down his lekku some of them turning into scaring and his right lekku seemed to be missing about five centimeters of braintail as it ended in a nub. His face was covered by a red dull helmet that matched his flowing black and red robes and armored gloves. He wore no weapons that Mala could easily dissern but her heart sunk. This twi'lek was of the Imperial Office of Criminal Investigation.
And that special district of Imperial Guards were renowned for partaking in the cleanup of executive order 66 and the purge of many jedi knights that went into hiding. If they suspected she was a jedi, she was in deep trouble.

As her hands slowly crept up her back to her hidden lightsabers they hadn't found on their scans of her, thank the force, her mind slowly contemplated a plan of attack. Fighting her way out now seemed her only option but the imperial guard didn't move, or even flinch.

Finally his voice, gravelly and augmented by a hiss of compressed air cut through the silence, "Malait'kla?"

The voice rang in the back of her head and she tried to recognize it but failed.

"They misspelled your name on the report," The guard continued. "Mala Kla is not correct for a twi'lek so I came to check myself." The guard paused and brushed his scared braintail over his shoulder giving away part of the fact that the braintail had no nerve endings which made it worthless weight from the back of the rutian twi'lek's head.

"I gave my name in basic officer," Mala defended.

"You don't recognize me do you?"

Mala bit her tongue, she felt as though she should but could not place the answer.

The IOCI guard reached up and unplugged the holocam and then started to undo the pressure seals on his mask. The top came away in one section revealing a gross set of acidic scarring and disfeaturement. The lower part of the mask revealed showed an internal compressing system that rebuffed air to a particular density so that it could be processed by what Mala assumed was acidic damage to the twi'lek's lungs.

Not just any twi'lek however. As the features not completely distorted lined up she recognized his gaze first. Her brother.

"Emrysit'kla," Mala began half worried but trying to keep her worry from her voice.

"Where have you been sister?" His voice resounded with hisses and clicks artificial as his armor was working to help him breath.

"Jabba," Mala answered calmly.

"I paid for your release six years ago, Mala," her brother continued hurt. "You never came to Naboo to my office like I asked in my release forms."

It was Mala's turn to be shocked. Jabba had never said that her brother had paid for her to be sold to him. Her brother continued, "I was told Jabba fed you to his rancor the very day my credits went through."

"Emrys, I never knew. Jabba had been using me to fight in the fights for him. He died, "Mala told the truth to that point then started to lie, "I took one of his ships and some of his account information and fled Tatooine."

Emrysit'kla dogged his helmet back in place and the apparatus hissed as it resealed around his head. Then he continued, "Don't worry sister. I'll clear you of this misunderstanding. Then I'll have to ask that you leave Coronet and head toward Rori, in the Naboo system. I'll give you a new set of landing codes because I think the ones you took from Jabba were a bit outdated."

Mala smiled softly and nodded as he continued, "I'd love to see you more but I've just completed a mission here and I'll have to head back to the headquarters outside Narmle to file my reports. Please say you'll join me."

"I will as soon as I can, Emrys. You know that," Mala replied softly and with much emotion in her voice. "I have a few things I have to do first."

"Then I'll give you a set of imperial codes that will not only allow you to access a holonet anywhere and call my office directly but it will allow you to land on any planet without them doing the second scan of your vessel." Emrys shook his head. "When you come to Narmle, I'll clear some of the stuff off of your ship so it doesn't scream smuggler or pirate when you enter a system."

Mala chuckled and lied, "Thanks brother, I'll swing by as soon as possible to let you do that."

"Now you stay out of trouble, while I go get things cleared up with Corsec..."

Emrys spun on a military heel and left her alone in the lonely grey room that seemed to get smaller with his presence. Mala wiped away a tear, hating herself for having to lie to the only family she had left. She silently longed to catch up and hear how he had hurt himself and lost part of his braintail and scared his face. But the other part of her, the part that faced reality knew, that it was only a matter of time before her brother figured out that she was a jedi and had to execute her as well. And sabacc hand hold true, that he never found out about her involvement with the rebellion....

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment