Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Lost and Found?

A young mans brother dies. Torn by greif and guilt, a stranger convinces him that he could see his brother again if he does what the stranger tells him to. The young man listens intently, and within a month is finding strange things happening.

Chapter 1 - Lost and Found?

Chapter 1 - Lost and Found?


Leif opened his eyes exposing them to the stinging rays of the sun, forcing them shut again. He sat up and groggily walked to the kitchen of his cabin while rubbing his eyes with the heel of his hand. He sat down on the kitchen table, but then remembered the CD his little 10-year-old brother, Kort, had borrowed last night. Leif wandered the house looking for his brother, when he remembered that his brother had fencing lessons with his dad this morning. Kort had been pretty interested with fencing lately, so their father taught it to him every Saturday morning, having been a fencing champion. Leif had been interested in shooting as much as his brother was interested in fencing, but was too lazy to do anything about it. Leif checked the clock. It was 12:28. The fencing lessons ended at 12:30, so Leif hid in his room behind the door, planning on his brother to come near Leif's room so that he could go to his own room, (Their rooms are in the same hallway) giving Leif the perfect opportunity to jump out and startle Kort because of giving back the CD late. Leif heard the door shut, and expected it to be Kort and their dad. After waiting a few minutes, he came out of his room because of boredom. He found his dad, but no Kort.



“Dad, where's Kort?” Leif asked.

“I…don't know…. I was looking for him this morning outside, but I haven't seen him ever since last night…”



There was a silence. Then Leif's father called the police to let them know his son was missing. They informed him that in the same town there were a number of people missing, all having nothing in common. Leif's father gave the news to Leif. Leif stood still in shock for a few seconds, but then rushed to his room and slammed the door while his father sat down and quietly cried. In his room, Leif sobbed for a minute. He started thinking about leaving the house to go search for his brother. Blinded with guilt and tears, he went out the window and off searching after checking the whole house. He walked down the sidewalk of the street, trying to think of were his brother might have gone if he forgot about his fencing lessons. He searched for about an hour. He finally convinced himself that the obvious has happened. `A murderer killed my brother! If I stay out any longer, they may go after me next!' So, he went back to his house were his father was happy to find that Leif was fine.



Leif's dreams that night were haunted with images of his brother dieing a million different ways, every time caused by Leif. He woke up at 9:00 AM. He wanted to take a walk outside, but his father was sleeping, so he taped a paper on his fathers face saying that he was going for a 5-minute walk. He wandered outside on the sidewalk. He new that his brother was dead, but he still had daydreams about finding his brother sitting there on a park bench feeding birds seeds like he used to do. When Leif came to the bench, he saw his brother feeding birds seeds, while Leif was thinking `that's not possible! That's not possible, how is he here?!' But that was only for the split second that he thought his daydreams were coming true. What he really saw was an old man feeding the birds in Kort's place. Leif sat down with great disappointment and falling tears right next to the old man. After not even 10 seconds the man whispered in Leif's ear,

“Do you want to see your brother again…?”



Leif's eyebrows perked, first because for the first split second he thought the old man was serious, but then he kept his eyebrows perked because he suspected the old man was insane.



“How would anyone do that?” responded Leif, trying to choke back tears, absolutely sure that the man was insane, and intending to make sure the old man knew Leif's opinion about him.



The old man chuckled a little bit and continued, “because I know were he is. If you do what I say for the next month, Kort will never leave your side!”











Just a few things I want you all to know:



1) This starts slow in the first chapter, like most stories, but it will pick up in the second chapter.



2) This story takes place in Denmark.



3) If you have any suggestions for this story, (because I know that when people read stories they think of new ideas) just E-Mail me or IM me. It would be really helpful.



4) E-Mail me or comment on my homepage if you like it so far because if I'm going to continue the story, I need to know what the public thinks of it.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment