Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Chapter 15

Yu-Gi-Oh story. I do not own yu-gi-oh, or any of the cahracters in this story, except Ana-Gaelle and Marc.

Chapter 15 - Chapter 15

Chapter 15 - Chapter 15


The term passed, and I did well in the exams, which was a good thing. I also took some riding exams, which I passed with flying colours, as well as winning most of the competitions I enetered. Even Honda was becoming quite a good little rider.



It was spring break at last, and we had not a lot planned. I was having a break from competing, and therefore had more free time to spend with all my friends. We had already met up to go the mall, and do other things like that, but by the second week I was bored.



I happened to be sitting in my room one day, reading a book, when the phone rang. I answered and something squealed in my ear, something that could only be described as Kaede. She was mega excited about something. “GUESS WHAT?”



“Um, what?”



“SETO SAYS YOU CAN ALL COME OVER, TO HIS HOUSE, TOMORROW!!!!”



“Oh, ok. Cool. What do I need to bring?”



“UMMM, actually, hang on, SETO, WHAT DO THEY NEED TO BRING?” I heard Seto's voice in the background. “OK, YOU NEED TO BRING-“



“KAEDE, You don't need to shout, I can hear you perfectly.”



“EEP, but I'm so excited. Ok, well, well, um, what was I saying, um? Oh yeah. You need to bring a swimming costume, and pyjamas. Oh, and Seto wants to know if you and Honda will share a room or not?”



“Um, ok, ok, and yes please. What time?”



“Um, 11?”



“Sure thing. See you then.”



“Uhuh, ok…. BYEEE!”



I hung up, and nursed my poor eardrums. Too much Kaede was bad for one's health. I looked around my room, glad that it was quite tidy. Sakura was meant to be coming around that evening, and maybe Yuula too, if they survived Kaede's phone calls.



They both arrived at about 6 o'clock, baring DVDs and sweets. We ordered Pizza, and totally crashed onto the sofa, with our buckets of food. Whilst we sat and munched our yummy supper, we watched some fantastic films, before conversation turned to tomorrow, at Seto's house.



“Does he have a swimming pool then?” I asked.



“Yup, you doofus,” Yuula was polite as ever.



“Heh. Apparently Yami and I have to share a room.”



“Poor you.” Sakura playfully slapped me, before angrily retorting, “well, he's better than Honda.”



“Well, Kaede asked me if I wanted to share a room with Duke.”



“AWWW” Sakura and I replied n synchronisation.



“Grrrr....You guys are SO mean.”



“Are we?” Sakura asked, smiling wickedly.



“YES!”



“oh, ok then. So you don't want the chocolate?”



“YES!”



“Yes you do want it, or yes you don't want it?”



“YES, awaa, I don't know. Yes, I do want it!”



“Yes? You DON'T want it?”



“Yes, all the more for us then, Sakura.” I spoke over Yuula's head, as she had proceeded into a deep sulk. She then started to squirm as Sakura and I poked her, “QUIT IT!”



We all collapsed into a fit of the giggles, and stayed pretty hyper until the wee hours of the morning, when we fell onto my bed, in a stated of exhaustion.



The next morning Sakura and Yuula went home to grab some clean stuff, saying they would pick me up later. I pulled on a brown skirt, that was slightly boho in style, and very long, accessorizing it with a frilly white shirt, much like that worn by men in the 17th century, with a military-style waistcoat over the top. I had on an oversized and intricate belt, made of leather circles and large bronze discs, and coupled it with a similarly bronze necklace. I pulled on a pair of semi-high, but still slightly stiletto-ish, leather boot, that were again intricately carved.



I had time to kill, for about half an hour, so I went to the piano and practised a beautiful Allemande by Mozart, that I was meant to be learning. I was a self-taught piano player, and singer; well, self-taught since I came to Japan. I used to have lessons in France.



Finally, the doorbell rang, and as I rushed to answer it, I beamed happily at Sakura, who had turned up in her kombi, which was already nearly full, to take us all to Seto's. I climbed into the back, and squished myself in between Honda and Yuula, who muttered about it, for some unknown reason. Joey wasn't in the car, and I asked if he was coming later with Marc and Takumi (who had both also been invited).



“Oh, Joey wasn't invited. Kaede thought it might be awkward.” Sakura informed me, looking quickly at me in her rear-view mirror.



“Oh, ok then.” I settled into the kombi, relaxing a little in the small space I had. I order to stretch my legs out a little more, I put them over Honda, who was sitting by the door, and proceeded to squish him. At least he didn't moan too much. And I was a little more comfortable.



We finally reached the Kaiba mansion, and as Sakura rolled down the window, to talk to the little speaker thingy, the gates rolled open, and she drove on up, closing the window as she went. We pulled up right outside the front door, and all piled out, shaking out our aching limbs.



Kaede came running down the stairs that led to the front door, and greeted us all in turn, before leading us into the main hall, where Seto, and what must have been his million and two servants were waiting. As he too greeted us, I looked around in awe at the marble floor, and large staircase. Well, not really in awe, as it was quite similar to my old home, just much bigger. And Japanese.



First of all we were all shown to our rooms, and as we were each led to separate corridors, I had the sensation that at least one of us was going to get lost. I asked Seto, who was leading Honda and I, if he ever got lost.



“I tend to leave a trail of bread crumbs.”



“Good idea.”



He pointed to a door on his left, “That's Mokuba's bedroom, and his friend, Tenshi, will be staying next door.



We nodded, and he led us to another staircase, which we mounted. Down another long corridor, we finally came to a door, which Seto opened and announced to be our room, “Kaede chose it.”



It was huge, and had a soft carpet, with a large four-poster bed. It had an ensuite bathroom, and a large pair of French windows, that were open, and allowing a soft breeze that was allowing the blind in front of them to blow gently in the wind. The room was a soft cream colour, with beautiful pictures hanging in it. I turned to Seto, who was still standing in the doorway, “It's beautiful.”



“I'm glad you like it. I f you need anything, take the second door on the left, and it will lead you to the entrance hall. Also, the phone will take you to my operator, who can connect you to anywhere in the house.”



I nodded.



“I guess such luxury is unusual to you?” he smirked.



I looked at my attire, and guessed it might be because I was dressed in slightly hippyish clothing, so I looked at him, and spoke confidently, “You guess wrong.”



His face fell, “What do you mean?”



“What I mean is, yes you're house is big, but it is similar to y house in France. And the house in Australia is quite big too. And the one in England.”



“So you are rich?! Kaede said you were, but I wasn't so sure.”



“My father is one of France's best lawyers. My mother was one of the best international riders. And my grandparents discovered some cure for something or other, so yes, I am pretty rich. Most of my money, well, my personal money, is in a trust found until I am 21.”



“Oh,” he paused. “Well then, I shall leave you to settle in. Lunch is at 1. I think we might be swimming after lunch.”



Honda spoke up, “Ok, cool. Thanks, Kaiba.”



He nodded and left the room, and when he had gone, Honda spoke, “Well, this is pretty amazing.”



“Uhuh.” And we both collapsed into fits of giggles.



***



Whilst Honda continued to explore the room, in typical male fashion, I went out of the French windows, and onto a large balcony. I was standing, looking out over the Kaiba grounds, when I heard a voice, “It not very pretty is it. Well, not as pretty as me, anyway. Prettier than you though.”



I looked around, searching for the voice. I could see no one, not even anyone standing on the balcony next to me. “Who are you?” I asked.



And then I saw her. “It is I, Tenshi, angel of those who are beautiful and perfect. And Mokuba's girlfriend.”



“Oh, I remember you now. We met at the beach, right?”



“Yes, you did have the pleasure of meeting me there. And now you have come here to see your friend. The strange one.”



“Um, yes. I suppose so. Do you mean Seto?”



“No, I mean her.



“Oh, Kaede. Ok. Well, um yeah, I have.”



“Poor her. Who'd want to be friends with you?” and before I could say another word she had disappeared again. I had no idea that little kids were so unpleasant. Well, she was only a few months younger than me, but still, what gave her the right?



I walked back into the room, and mush have had a confused look on my face, because Honda looked at me weirdly, “What's wrong, honey?”



“Well, a lot will be wrong if you EVER call me that again.”



“Ahem, ok. But what's wrong?”



“Oh, I was just insulted by some random little kid, that's all. Nothing much. Anyways, don't we need to get downstairs?”



“Uh, yeah. Good point.”



He took my hand, and together we made our way downstairs, to see what awaited us on this fine spring day.


Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lanathae on November 17, 2005, 5:53:46 AM

Lanathae on
Lanathaehmmm, that is very... katyish ^^

Nemya on November 5, 2005, 10:49:42 PM

Nemya on
NemyaOkie, baaack...

Now, where I left off... What the?! Seto leaves BREAD CRUMBS?!?!?! I cannot imagine him doing that o.O
Typical for Seto to have so many nice rooms. Tenshi staying in the room next to Mokie?

Oh dear, Tenshi is so... Katy like. That's all that needs to be said x.X

Nemya on November 5, 2005, 7:55:58 PM

Nemya on
NemyaAHH too many parties! I think I am having an overload.

Ew. Sharing a room with the Honda. He's a Honda...
Hee hee. "Too much Kaede was bad for one's health" Indeed. And surviving her phone calls xD

Why, I am unbelievably poilte! Although... Yeah, Yuula is not so much as me xP

Indeed, and Yami is better then Honda. Everyone is. (The exception being Weevil)

DONT TEASE YUULA ABOUT DOOK. :K Ahhh, tickling. Grab some clean stuff?

ARRR my mum is getting mad so shall leave a comment later as second half, okie?

Tillyenna on November 4, 2005, 8:50:17 PM

Tillyenna on
Tillyennaseperate rooms grrrr......
i am not some annoying little kid, I am the most perfect human being you will come across, as close to perfection as one can get without being.....er.....arrogant *laughs*