Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 30 - Space

An excerpt from my novel Angel Tears. I wrote this two days ago and I swear every time I write, something from it actually happens... It's almost creepy O.o

Chapter 30 - Space

Chapter 30 - Space
Ian and I stepped outside for the first time on that quiet, undisturbed day. I hugged my coat closer to my chest. It was below freezing and the wind blew coldly and softly against us.

Ian exhaled heavily. As he did so, a puff of breath could be seen clearly, growing bigger the longer he blew. He smiled and whispered, "It's perfect out here."

I scanned the sky with my eyes. "It is really nice, isn't it? Hey, it looks like it will snow today," I said hopefully.

"That would be wonderful, wouldn't it, Raine?" Ian put his arm around my shoulders as he spoke and his blonde hair tickled my nose when he pulled me closer.

I smiled and kissed his lips, imagining the snow falling in thick layers upon the earth. "Of course it would be."

All of a sudden his eyes went wide. "Did you feel that?" he asked. "It was cold...like snow!" Ian paused while I looked around again. "There it was again!" His eyes instantaneously flew upward, his hair flicking back.

I glanced up at the sky right before he yelled, "Raine, it is snowing!" My heart fluttered with the familiar joy I always felt when it snowed. My smile grew.

Ian gazed back at me. His eyes were those of a child in a candy shop: wide, bright, ecstatic.

Soon, we were clinging onto each other, jumping around the yard like elementary kids on a playground. Our laughter carried past the now fast-falling snowflakes above us.

I looked up once more and spun in a circle like a ballerina. The swirling vortex rained down on us, small cotton balls floating from the endless stretch of atmosphere.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment