Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Beauty In The Dark

Original story of mine with original characters that i created. Wrote this story a few years back so it may not be that great. Not finished writing the story since i forgot about it until i decided to share it with everyone on FAC :P.

Chapter 1 - The Beauty In The Dark

Chapter 1 - The Beauty In The Dark
She slightly opened her silk curtains and let the radiant sunshine peek through her dim room while she stared coldly at the world, she let out a suspicious smile and closed the curtains and once again retreated to her dark bedroom.

Her name was Emmelyn Rose Velour, the niece to the current King in the kingdom of Les Chevalier Saints and the daughter to the former King. She was hailed as a beauty in the town and all the men desired her as an object of their passion. With flowing wavy hair with slight curls that resembled the color of a light chestnut brown and eyes that were big and filled with a false childhood innocence that shone with the color of emeralds jewels. She held her head high with a presence of royalty and the elegant gowns in which she presented herself made her seem regal. It was easy to assume that her life was perfect.
Growing up Emmelyn had no friends. Sheltered from the outside world by her mother who feared the loss of her precious daughter after her husband had died. The only social contact she had with others was at family gatherings and her butler Charles. But at family outings she was used as an object. An object in which her mother could show off and let everyone marvel at her child and pretend that their life was perfect. Although Charles did everything that Emmelyn asked for there was no real bond, only a cold distant relationship.
And on a cold autumn day we find this girl secluded and pacing around her room in an anxious wait for nightfall.

A knock came on her door and from behind you could hear a voice call out, "Lady Emmelyn is there anything I could do for you before I retire for the night?"

Emmelyn swiftly walked up to the door and opened it quickly and she replied hastily, "no thank you Charles, I myself will retire quite soon."

Charles bowed his head and silently left to his quarters. Emmelyn withdrew to her bedroom and returned to her pacing. She was impatient, in just a few short hours she would be going to a rendezvous in the outskirts of town.

The old wooden clock chimed as the eleventh hour passed that night. Emmelyn made her way past Charles’ and her mother’s rooms as quietly as she could and made her way towards the front door. Emmelyn entered into the brisk crisp night and looked into the night sky that was littered with shining stars. Emmelyn closed her eyes, made a silent wish, and continued on with her journey that would change her fate. She continued on with her journey until she reached a house that looked quite abandoned. Emmelyn made sure no one was looking and that nobody was around and then made her way towards the door and knocked.
A scruffy looking gentleman opened the door and stared down at Emmelyn with a slight smile on his face.

Emmelyn stared back at the dashing young man and asked, "Is Gaston here?"

The man then bowed and gently took Emmelyn’s hand and lightly placed a kiss upon it and replied, “Ma Cherie, I am Gaston” all while giving a slight smirk of intrigue.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment