Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Runaway Maiden

Original story of mine with original characters that i created. Wrote this story a few years back so it may not be that great. Not finished writing the story since i forgot about it until i decided to share it with everyone on FAC :P.

Chapter 2 - The Runaway Maiden

Chapter 2 - The Runaway Maiden
The day was a nice and sunny autumn morning and yet to one girl today was the darkest of all days. We meet this girl at the cemetery while she mourns the loss of her fiancé who died only a day ago.

Melrose Lenoir was born into a poverty stricken family in the town of Ville de Fleuves. Her father had abandoned the family long ago when Melrose was just seven and since then her family has struggled to get by. Her mother works all day to provide for her two younger siblings while Melrose stays at home to care of them.

Melrose to better her family was forced into a marriage with a fairly wealthy young man of twenty that was named Eric. Even though he was only three years above her, she felt a distance between them so great that she thought she could never be happy with him. The wedding was to be held in just three months after their first meeting.

Melrose and Eric in just a few weeks fell in love and no longer dreaded the idea of the forced marriage. Eric had left for a business trip just a month before the wedding when the fateful event happened. It was a stormy night and the rain was pouring heavily upon the road. The road was dangerous as it was now all mud and very slippery. As it so happened Eric’s carriage slipped and tumbled of the side of a cliff and was killed instantly in the crash. People from Ville de Fleuves found him a few days later and gave the news to Melrose.
This is where we find the girl on this radiant day. Only she attended and only she cared. This sad and pitiful grave would have no one to mourn over not even her, as Melrose was soon to leave her life behind in Ville de Fleuves and start anew. She no longer cared about her struggling family, she no longer cared about the world. The world had taken her only precious treasure away and she wanted to exact revenge. Who she was going to take revenge upon was unknown but somebody would pay dearly.

Melrose left Ville de Fleuves later that evening. She slipped out of town just as she had come into it; no one noticed her. She had no idea of where she was going as long as she was far away she no longer cared. While on her journey she came to the town of Les Chevaliers Saints and was greeted by a peculiar man.

“Hello young dear I haven’t seen you before” chimed the man.

Melrose glared at this young man who was happily singing every word he said. She continued to walk along and ignore this fool.

“Well well well. It isn’t very nice to ignore me. I can see that you’re upset and I’m glad that you and I have met. For you see I can change you and start your life anew. If only you would trust me, I could help you become free. I am the boss of a band but not any ordinary band and I need your help to lend me hand” sang the stranger.

Melrose now fully giving her attention to this man realized how odd he was. He was dressed in a rather unique outfit with a cape and a mask covered most of his face. She certainly thought that this man belonged to an asylum and decided to play along with his act.

While rolling her eyes she said sarcastically, “Really now? How are you going ‘start my life anew’ was it?”

“Come with me and you will see” grinned the man. And with that he took his cape and enveloped her. The man and Melrose had vanished in plain sight.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment