Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Part Three

[Complete] Honor : Trust : Loyalty – in their world, each was as vital as the next. A boy, now a man, who made a promise long ago is now set out to keep it, even if he has to turn his back on everything else and all that he knows. [Wally & Abby]

Chapter 3 - Part Three

Chapter 3 - Part Three
[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]Chapter Five: Crossing the Line[/b][/b]
[/b]
"You want me to what?" said the blonde with wide eyes.

"I want you to meet my parents before they leave to see my sister and her devil children. Now come on." Abby grabbed his arm as she tried pulling him out of the passenger seat of her car.

"No. You tricked me. You said we were here to play your new game." He held onto the seat as she continued to pull.

"Get out of this car, Wally. I mean it." She then straightened herself up and took a step back. After her classes for the day were finished, Abby went and picked up Wally at his job. He worked at a community center where he taught kids how to box. "If you don't meet them, we aren't playing."
Wally gasped as he looked at her in shock. "This is cruel and unusual punishment."

"I don't give a damn. Now are you coming?" She held out her hand to help him out the car.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." He took her hand and closed the door. "It's so sad how addicted I am," he said as they walked up the path towards the house. "Do you think they have like A.A meetings for people obsessed over Playstation?"

"Only Playstation?" She gave him a doubtful look.

"Shut up," he told her.

"Well, if they do have meetings, I guess I would have to sign up with you."

"Really? Yeah, I can see you now," Wally began. "Hi, my name is Abby 'Hi, Abby' and I-" he took a dramatic pause, "-am a gamer."

Abby laughed. "Sometimes I worry about you." She then opened the door to her home. "Mama, Dad!" she called when she got inside.

"Abby?" Wally spoke.

"Hmm?"

"You're still holding my hand," he whispered in her ear.

"Oh." She let it go, like it was nothing and said causally, "Sorry, I was thinking about my boyfriend. You two kind of look alike, with the blonde hair and green eyes and all." She then smile. "Except he's taller."

"Is that a short joke?" he asked, but then he made a curious face. "Wait a second? Abby, what did you say your boyfriend's name was again?"

"You mean I've never told you?" she asked surprised with herself. How could she forget a thing like that? "His name is-"

"Sweetie," came a female's voice with a soft French accent. It was Abby's mother. "You're here."

"Hello, mama." Abby kissed and hugged her mother. "Where's daddy?"

"I'm sorry sweetie, he already left. You know how he is." She looked over behind Abby. "It this the boyfriend you been telling me about? He is a handsome one." Wally blushed at the comment.

"No, mama. This is my friend, Wally. Wally this is my mother, Beatrice Lincoln."

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Lincoln. I've heard a lot of good things about you."

"I would hope so." She smiled brightly. "I'm sorry I can't stay long to chat, but maybe you can come and have dinner with us one of these evenings."

"I would like that," Wally said.

"Good." She then turned to her daughter. "Abby, walk with me to the door please. Your friend can have a seat in the living room."

"Yes, mama." Abby showed Wally the living room and then followed her mother.

"Abigail, sweetheart," she began. "Is there a reason you haven't introduced your boyfriend to me or your father yet? I mean you have been dating him for several months now, haven't you?"

"Yes, it's just I haven't gotten up to asking him yet. Gavin, he's such a busy person. I mean, every time we're together it's great, until he gets one of these phone calls and everything changes. He just always seems so worried and concerned about something he won't talk about with me. Most of the time he just tells me it's a family thing, and that he's fine, but sometimes I don't know." She frowned as she sighed.

"And Wally?" she asked.

"He's just a friend. Whenever I'm feeling bummed about Gavin, I go to Wally, and he doesn't know it, but he really brightens up my day." She smiled at the thought of him. "Everything is so low key when it comes to us. It's like we're ten year olds, with nothing to worry about expect how to get to the next level in some video game. It's great. He's a good friend."

"Then if you are happy with Wally, then why not cut out the middle man?" Mrs. Lincoln asked boldly. "I just don't want to see you the way you were when your ex-"

"Mama, please," Abby begged. "I won't let it get that far. Besides," Abby frowned as she shook her head. "I do care for Gavin, very much."

"Are you sure, darling? Because I just want to see you happy." Mrs. Lincoln just found it too odd that she and her husband hadn't met Gavin yet.

"Yes," Abby said after a moment. "I'm happy with Gavin. Besides whatever it is with him, I'm sure it won't last long."

"Alright then, if Gavin makes you happy, then I'm happy too." Mrs. Lincoln smiled as she kissed her daughter's forehead. "You and your friend be good. Your father and I will be back Sunday evening before you head back to school for the week."

"Alright, have a good trip." Abby then went back inside where she found Wally sitting quietly on the couch waiting for her. "Ready to play?"

He cocked an eyebrow. "Is that even a question you have to ask?"

"Alright then. When are you going to let me put some cornrows in your hair?"

"When pigs fly. Now come on, I'm having withdrawal symptoms here." Before long the two friends were sitting on the floor, in front of a big screen TV, playing Abby's newest game. "Jump!" Wally yelled at the screen as Abby played.

"How can I jump, Wally? I'm in a spaceship," she told him as he was starting to annoy her.

"Left! Left!" he continued to scream, but this time he jumped up off the floor. "There's the portal. Go!"

"I'm going, but I got a bogie on my tail!" Abby soon found herself yelling too.

"What are you doing? It's an odd level, it's the right portal!"

"Shut up! I'm concentrating here!" she yelled, but then all of sudden, it was like the ship had a mind of its own and she was shot down by the bogie she was trying to evade. Her face fell. "What just happened?" she asked.

"Oops," she heard Wally say quietly.

Abby took her eyes off the screen reading, 'Game Over' and looked at Wally. Her eyes then drifted down his body to his feet where the cord of her controller was tangled around his foot. "Wally?" she said slowly.

"Yeah?" he said coyly.

"I suggest you run," she grabbed a throw pillow and stood up, "because you are a dead man."

"Abby, I don't like the way you're looking at me." He slowly started to back away. "Come on now, it was an accident. You know I didn't mean it." He started to back away faster. "Abby, buddy, pal. . . put down the pillow." His back ran into the corner and he realized he was trapped. He looked at Abby with wide eyes and then slowly narrowed them. "You'll pay for this."

"Maybe, but not before you," Abby said and started beating him with the pillow.
Wally ducked as he found an opening and ran for it. As he passed the couch he grabbed the other pillow and armed himself. "Alrighty," a grin spread across his face, "now it's a fair game."
Abby chuckled nervously as she lowered her pillow. "You know I was just playing, right?" she then squealed as Wally came charging towards her. They ran around the couch as Abby tried not to be caught.

Wally was behind the couch strategizing his next move, but every time he moved to the left, Abby would make a move towards his right and vise versa. Finally, getting impatient, Wally lunged over the couch towards her and pulled her closer, but he lost his positioning and the two went tumbling to the couch and then went rolling to the floor. "Ow!" Abby cried out with her eyes closed as her hand went to her forehead, which had hit Wally's on the way down. "Damn boy, what's your head made out of?" she groaned.

The blonde headed boy only laughed. "You okay?" he asked as he had somehow landed on the bottom and not only hit his head with Abby's but with the floor. His hand then found what was sure enough to be a bruise on the back of his head.

"I'll be fine," she answered him.

"Guess we got a little carried away."

"A little? Nah," she said sarcastically. She then opened her eyes and slightly gasped. "Did you hit something?" she asked.

"What didn't I hit?" He smiled.

"So I guess you know you're bleeding?" Abby asked as she propped herself up on his chest before cupping his face with her hand. Wally found himself studying her features, now only realizing how beautiful she was. He then felt her thumb sweep across his bottom lip to wipe away the blood. "There you go," she whispered softly. She then went to get up, but was stopped as Wally put one hand on top of hers and had the other slide over her back, keeping her close. Abby narrowed her eyes. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Nothing. . ." he responded as he slowly etched his face up towards hers. "Yet." He then eased his hand up her back to the back of her head as his lips gently came into contact with hers. Abby's first instinct was to push him away, but his lips had put her under a spell, because she couldn't bring herself to pull away.

Their kiss began sweet and tender as Abby's lips opened slightly to allow Wally's tongue to meet hers. She noted that his taste was peculiar; she wouldn't describe it as sweet, but it had a refreshing taste that made her think dark chocolate.

As Wally's kiss with his friend grew more passionate, he took in her light scent, which was a mix of sweat from their playing and wildflowers from her body wash. Wally then gently rolled them over, placing him on top, as their lips finally left one another's. Next he began kissing her cheek and her jaw line before moving down to her neck. "Wally," Abby breathed, not knowing if she had said it to make him stop or to urge him to go on.

"Hmm," was all he could manage before he sat up on his knees. He looked at her carefully, as if waiting for her to stop him as he put both hands on either side of her waist and slowly started to push up her shirt, exposing her soft mocha brown skin. He then leaned back down and began to kiss her stomach.

Abby recoiled a bit at his touch, but soon relaxed. "Wally," she said again and he looked at her. She placed a hand on his shoulder and pushed him away. Taking the hint, and a bit of disappointment, Wally rose off of her and Abby sat up.

He was about to apologize for his actions; he knew he had stepped over the line by kissing her. Besides, he knew very well that she was seeing someone; she had never hid that fact. So Wally was completely taken by surprise when Abby reached out for him and grabbed the bottom on his shirt. "I want it off," she told him and Wally rose his arms as Abby lifted his shirt over his head and tossed it somewhere over the couch.

Her fingers then grazed along his shoulder as she leaned in and began kissing parts of his muscular chest. Wally watched as her lips parted away for his chest only to be replaced by her hands as she rubbed them down his six-pack abs until she reached and unlatched the button on his jeans, but she had difficulties with his zipper. "Stand up," she commanded as she got to her own feet.

As he rose she admired his well tone body, from his broad shoulders to his cute little outie navel. She giggled. "What are you laughing at?" Wally asked her.

"You," she told him. "And your outie."

"Oh, really," he said as he stepped closer to her wrapping his arms around her and once again finding her lips. "Well then," he said after a moment. "Why don't we make things a little even?" He then slowly began to peel away the layers of Abby's clothing. When he was done, Abby finished undoing his pants.

Completely bare, Abby laid down on the couch and than beckon Wally to her. Wally sat on the other end of the couch with one foot tucked under him while the other remained planted on the floor. He then lifted Abby's foot to his mouth and kissed the sole of her foot before kissing her ankle and gently dividing her legs as he worked his way up her cafe and passed her knee.

And as he did this, he never took his eyes away from Abby's. Abby just stared into those bright green eyes, trapped within them as she enjoyed the seductive kisses of her soon-to-be lover. She then frowned as Wally broke eye contact and completely drew away from her body, but she continued to watch his eyes as they changed before her. They were like an animal's now, like a predator and she, she was the prey.

She was about to speak up, but before she could, Wally once again lowered his head in between her legs and continued his kisses until his tongue snaked out and traced the folds of her moist sex. Abby nearly jumped out of her skin; she had never been touched like that before. "It's okay." Wally looked up when she jumped. He then reached for her hand and laced his fingers with hers. "You'll like it," he promised her before Abby once again felt and welcomed the sensation of his long, warm tongue stroking her.

Wally soon found her clitoris and gently began to suck and massage it which sent shots of pleasure rolling throughout Abby's body. Her head then fell back and she bit her lower lip, but that didn't stop her moans as Wally once again kissed her delicate parts and licked up the sweet juices of her arousal.

He then rose back up and gripped Abby's thighs. He smirked as he leisurely dragged her body towards him. He then lifted her leg so that it was pressed up his chest and her foot was behind his head. He then took his erected member in his hand and began to slip it into Abby's wet opening. "Ow," she cried softly. She was tighter than he thought she would be, but than again, he was very well endowed and so he took his time as he filled her.

When fully inside of her, Wally let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. He relished in the feeling of how tight she felt around him before withdrawing and entering her again. At first he took his time, but then each thrust became more zealous than the last as Abby began matching each one of his thrust with her own, making her body bob with the motion. Her hands then came up and they found Wally's waist as she urged him deeper into her body.

And as Wally obeyed her silent request, she began panting loudly. So loudly that Wally feared anyone outside would be able to hear her, for it was only midday and he was sure he saw a window open as they approached the house. So he cupped his hand over her mouth and Abby's eyes, which had been closed, immediately snapped opened to look at him. "Shhh," he warned her, not losing his rhythm. "Or we'll be heard." She nodded her head against his hand and once again bit her lip.

Wally smiled as he let down her leg and changed his position, lowering his body to cover hers. Her body felt so warm as Wally took in the enticing smells of their activity and Abby wrapped her legs tightly around him. Being in a position he preferred, Wally was able to pump faster and harder into his lover, grinding his pelvis against the opening of her sex. Abby's pants soon fell into rhythm of each of his thrust which only encouraged him more. "Say my name," he demanded in a growl.

"Wal-- Wally," she had difficulty saying.

"Louder," he ordered, now not caring who heard as he plunged himself violently into her. Her arms, which had been wrapped around his back, now clung on to him for dear life.

"Wally!" she yelled as her head fell to one side and then the other. "Oh, don't stop. Please, don't stop," she begged. "Oh, oh, oh, right there. Right there." Her body soon began convulsing as she reached the height her of ecstasy. Wally continued pumping himself into her until he felt her walls pulsate around his member and he felt his own release as the seeds of his manhood filled her insides. Completely spent, he collapsed onto Abby, their bodies still connected.

They both breathed heavily and once they had caught their breath Wally spoke. "That was nice," he told her as he lifted his head and kissed her collarbone and than began nibbling at her neck. "I wouldn't turn down another go around," he whispered in her ear.

"Hmm." Abby allowed her heart to slow down, but as it did it was replaced with a feeling she couldn't describe. After a moment she realized what it was, guilt. How could she have completely forgotten about Gavin like that? Her faced cringed at the realization of what she had done.

"Abby, what's wrong?" Wally asked as he became aware of her expression.

Abby shook her head. "We shouldn't have done this?"

"What?" Wally only smiled. "Are you worried because we didn't use a condom?" he asked. "We'll use one next time."

"No," she continued shaking her head. "I mean, yes. I mean-- shoot!" She pushed Wally off of her. "There won't be a next time, Wally. I'm already in a committed relationship!" She grew upset.

Wally scoffed, "Yeah, with me." Abby only looked at him. "Honestly Abby, I know I'm not the brightest bulb, but I'm not stupid. Because if your real man was doing right by you, you wouldn't be spending all your time with me. So apparently, he ain't doing something right."

"Don't go there." She got up off the couch to gather her clothes.

"Well, I am," he continued to sit on the couch. "So tell me, when was the last time you saw him?" he asked. "I know it sure wasn't yesterday, because you were with me. And it wasn't the day before, because -once again- you were with me. Just like every other day this week," he pointed out. "I see your clothes and your necklaces and all the other gifts he buys you. I didn't say anything before, because it wasn't my business, but he's buying you. Thinking that expensive presents will make up for the times he isn't there."

Abby turned from him, her eyes starting to brim with tears. His words had hit too close to home. "Get out." She picked up his jeans and threw them at him. They smacked him in the face. "Get out!"

"So what?" Wally pulled the jeans off his head. "Am I like the dog now? We frack and then you don't want anything to do with me?" He stood up and shook his head as he put on his pants. "I should have known better," he spoke quietly to himself. "I knew I was nothing more than some cheap replacement, for when your so-called boyfriend was probably out there with his other women." Abby gasped and then brought her hand up to slap Wally across the face, but he caught her wrist before she did. "I don't need this."

"I don't care what you don't need," Abby hissed. "So hurry up and get the hell out of my home."

Seeing her angry face, Wally realized that this had gone far enough. His shoulders dropped as he let go of Abby's wrist and took a calming breath. "Abby," he said gently. "I'm sorry, okay?" he looked at her as he spoke sincerely. "But all I'm trying to tell you is. . . I'm here," he breathed. "And you know that's what you want, what you need, someone who's there. Even if we're only friends."

Abby shook her head. "Don't you dare come into this house, Wally and tell me what I need or what I want," she told him angrily. "Because I have Gavin and he may not be perfect, but he is all I need and anything else that I want, I can get it my damn self."

"Gavin?" Wally's head slightly jerked back when he heard the name. He then covered his forehead with his hand as he shook it back and forth before saying calmly, "Please tell me your boyfriend's last name isn't Lawrence?"

"I can't, because it is," Abby looked confused as she answered. "You know of him?"

Wally couldn't answer her question. He just seemed frozen for a moment before yelling, "shoot!" He then quickly began to gather his things and get dressed. "shoot," he said once again to himself.

"Wally, what is it?" Abby grew concerned as she watched his actions.

Wally stopped what he was doing and painfully looked at Abby. "I got to go," was all he said. He then finished dressing before heading towards the door not once looking back at Abby as he left. Abby stood in the middle of her living room, looking at where Wally once stood, wondering what in the world just happened.

[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]Chapter Six: Revelation[/b][/b]
[/b]
"Dove?" Abby softly heard the nickname Gavin had given her. He told her, he had given it to her, because she had a calming effect on him. Abby didn't quite understand what he meant by that, but she didn't ask him about; figuring she wouldn't get a straight answer out of him anyway. "What's wrong?" he asked as they laid in bed. It was their six month anniversary and Gavin had surprised Abby by taking her away for the week to a vacation resort.

Last night had been their first night together and it was everything Abby wanted it to be. Her body responded to Gavin's perfectly, but she couldn't help but think and compare him to Wally and she felt ashamed because of it. Abby hated herself, for what she had gotten herself into. She had been lying to Gavin, making him believe that she had been true. She wanted to tell him about Wally, but the way Wally had acted the last time she had seen him, which had been a month ago when he walked out on her, it looked as though they knew each other or at least Wally knew of Gavin. And she just didn't want to chance it before talking to Wally, though it was more difficult than it sounded.

A few hours after Wally had left Abby's house, she tried calling him, but he refused to pick up his phone. It had been like that the entire month and though Abby didn't want to admit it to herself, it had been hard. She missed Wally, especially when Gavin away, but then again, according to Wally, that had been the problem. "Abigail, are you listening?" Gavin's voice once again reached Abby's ears.

"What?" She finally turned her body towards Gavin, giving him her full attention. "I'm sorry."

"Abigail, what's wrong?" Gavin asked her again sadly. "You don't seem happy."

Abby plastered a smile on her face as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. "Of course I'm happy," she told him. "I'm with you."

Gavin returned her smile. "You're to good for me," he whispered as he stroked her cheek. "So what do you want to do today, because I'm all yours."

"You mean it?" She looked at him earnestly. "Really?"

"Of course," he told her as he leaned in and began kissing her cheek, her neck, and her shoulder. Abby closed her eyes and treasured being in Gavin's arms and as she did, all thoughts of Wally vanished from her thoughts. She felt Gavin's tender lips leave her shoulder and make contact with her the flesh of her breast. His bottom lip brushed over her skin and Abby shivered as she felt his warm, wet tongue run across her sinuous nipple.

She gave a soft giggle in her contentment as she opened her eyes and ran her fingers through his golden blonde hair. Gavin then pulled away with a playful smile on his face as he rest his head in his hand and propped himself up on his side. He then took his other hand and brought it to Abby's face. He started by running the back of his fingers across her forehead and then his hand cupped and caressed her cheek. They then lightly played with her soft, plump lips.

Abby own hand came up as she slightly parted her lips and guided a couple of Gavin's fingers into her mouth and gently began to seductively suck on them; indicating what she planned on doing to him later on. As his fingers left her mouth, Gavin left a damp trail passed her chin and down her jaw line. His hand then momentarily stopped at her breast as he played with it in his hand, before spreading his fingers and slowly working his way down her stomach.

Abby then slide her hand around his neck and pulled him to her before pressing her lips against his. She moaned slightly in delight as his hand slipped underneath the covers and Abby gradually parted her legs and awaited his much desired touch, but before it came Gavin's cell phone rung. He pulled his head away from her. "shoot," he said softly as he dropped his head and groaned in irritation. He then looked at Abby with pleading eyes as she opened hers.

Abby gave him a small forced smile. "Go ahead and answer it."

"Thank you, baby." He kissed her cheek before he turned around to the nightstand to answer the call. "Gavin here," he spoke. Abby sighed in disappointment, she was hoping that he would decide not to answer it on his own. But she wasn't going to let that get to her now she thought as she scooted over to Gavin and leaned her body against his back.

She placed her hand on his waist as she kissed his neck and back lovingly. She then wrapped her arm around his waist before skimming down his abs and passed his navel. Her fingers then gingerly wrapped themselves around the shaft of his cock.

She stroked him a few times before Gavin switched the phone from one ear to the other and then reached his hand down and gently pushed Abby's hand away. "Dove, not now," he whispered. "I'm on the phone."

Abby huffed softly before rolling back over. "Right. Sorry," she said to herself as she angrily she got out of bed and covered her naked body with her housecoat. She wasn't in the mood to try to figure out another one of Gavin's cryptic phone calls anyway. If only she could understand, what was so important, that he had jump whenever his phone rung. She just needed his time, but more than that really, she wanted his uninterrupted time.

Abby then picked up her purse and took it to the bathroom with her and closed the door. She laid her purse on the counter and turned on the water in the sink. She splashed some water on her face hoping to fully wake up. After brushing her teeth she reached for her purse and pulled out her cell. She dial Wally's cell number and put it to her ear. But it didn't ring, instead she only got a busy signal. So she waited a few minutes and tried again. "Pick up. Please, just pick up," she whispered to herself. She let it ring for a whole minute before ending the call.

She looked at herself in the mirror and shook her head. "What are you doing?" she began, disgusted with herself. "Allowing some stupid boy to occupy your thoughts? Sure, Gavin has his faults, but he is wonderful man. . . when he's around," she added sadly. "You don't need Wally," she said and then repeated to herself as she made a promise that she wouldn't call him again. "Just stick to the plan. That's all you have to do," she told herself.

She decided if he didn't want to talk to her, she wasn't going to waste her time. She would just forget about him and pretend she never meet him, pretend she never betrayed Gavin. Then to make sure she kept her promise to herself, she deleted Wally's number, though she didn't know why, she knew it by heart. She then pushed back her messy black hair and walked out the bathroom only to find Gavin dressing in a hurry. "Gavin? What are you doing?"

Gavin stopped immediately and looked at Abby with concern written all over his face. "It's my cousin. He's in the hospital. I got to get home."

"The hospital?" she said in surprise. "Of course, but what about his parents?" she asked hoping she didn't sound selfish, but she didn't want to give up her time with him.

"No." He shook his head sadly not looking at Abby. "Our moms died when we were younger. Train accident. My uncle lost it afterwards and he's in a home, in a padded room, back in Australia," he explained as he grew upset. "Baby, I can't lose my cousin. Him and Joey are all I have left and-"

"Don't say another word," she spoke gently as she walked over to him and turned him around. "Just get dress. I'll pack our things and check us out."

"Thank you, Dove," Gavin said as he placed both hands on either side of her face and kissed her forehead. "I'll make it up to you." Came his infamous promise as Abby could do nothing, but smile.

OoOoO

It had been a long two hour drive as the couple road away from the vacation resort to the hospital. Neither one spoke as Gavin kept his eyes on the road and Abby stared out the window and watched the lovely summer day pass her by.

Soon they were walking hand and hand down the hospital hall on the first floor. "Gavin!" They heard a boy call out.

"Joey. Thank God." Gavin let go of Abby's hand and hugged the eleven year old boy. "How's W.B.?" he asked. Abby's brow furrowed, she had heard that name before, but she couldn't quite place where.

"They won't tell me anything other than he's been shot," Joey told him. "They did let me see him though. He was sleeping, but he's awake now, but he won't tell me anything either. Frank and Andy are with him now." Then for the time Joey noticed Abby. "Who's she?" he asked.

Gavin turned around and signaled Abby over and retook her hand. "This is Abigail, my girlfriend."

"Hi." Abby looked down at the boy. "I'm sorry about your cousin."

"He's my brother," Joey corrected her.

"Sorry," was all Abby managed to say.

"What room is he in?" Gavin asked his little cousin.

"Come on, I'll show you." And Joey lead them to his brother's hospital room. They soon came upon it and they entered. "W.B. are you still awake? Gavin's here now."

As Abby entered the room to see whom Joey was talking to, she nearly stopped breathing, because who she was looking at was none other than Wallabee Beatles. "Gav-" Wally stopped before he began as he saw the girl hanging onto his cousin.

"What is it, W.B.?" Gavin grew concern when Wally stop after the first syllable of his name.

"Nothing," he said not taking his eyes off of Abby. "I'm just glad you're here."

"You two," Gavin looked up from his cousin to Frank and Andy and continued angrily. "I want to know what the hell happened."

"Look, we went there just as planned, but-" Began one.

"Not now, you moron!" Gavin yelled. "Get out. I'll deal with you two later." He instructed them and the two men obeyed. As Gavin looked back down at Wally, he noticed the way he was intensely looking at his girlfriend. Abby had not noticed as she watched Frank and Andy leave the room. There was a puzzled expression on her face.

Gavin cleared his throat and Wally's eyes, slightly wide, instantly shot to Gavin, who spoke. "I hate that everyone had to meet this way, but W.B. this is my girlfriend, Abigail, my Dove. And Abigail this is my cousin, W.B."
"It's nice to meet you. . . Abigail," Wally tired to leave out the sadness in his voice.

"Same here. . . W.B." Abby looked at the bandage that had been tightly wrapped around his stomach. "How did you get hurt?"

Three sets of eyes looked to Abby, then Wally and Joey looked to their cousin, who slightly shook his head before telling her. "It's not important, Dove."

Abby turned to Gavin and whispered, "You would think it would be, Gavin."

"Baby, not now, okay? I'll answer all your questions later," he told her. "But right now what I really need to do is find the doctor."

"I know where to find her," Joey spoke up.

"Good. I need to talk to her as soon as possible." Gavin then turned to Abby and cupped her cheek. "I'm going to go look for her. Can you keep W.B. company for me? I don't want him alone."

Abby looked at Wally from the corner of her eye. "No problem," she told him before he kissed her forehead.

He was about to leave with Joey when Wally called out to him, "Gavin, I need to tell you something."

Gavin walked over beside Wally. "What is it?" he asked.

"I wasn't with Frank and Andy. I wasn't shot this morning," he told them in a whisper so only Gavin could hear.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"It was yesterday afternoon, after you left." Wally then looked angry. "Gavin, they went after my kids."

"At the community center?" Wally only nodded his head. "Wait. Why wasn't I called yesterday?"

"I told them not to call," he paused, chancing a glance at Abby. "I knew you were um- with your girl. I didn't want to bother you. But my wound opened back up early this morning and they called you anyway." He couldn't look his cousin in the eye. "I'm sorry," Wally found himself saying.

"Why are you the one sorry?" Gavin asked. "Look, I'll care of this, okay?" Wally once again only nodded his head. "Joey, come on let's go." He turned back around, but before heading out the door he stopped and gave Abby a kiss on the cheek. At the sight of it, Wally turned his head away. "I'll be back," Gavin told her.

"Alright," she responded. When they were gone, she looked to her estranged friend. "Are you okay, Wally?"

"Leave. I don't need nor want your company, so just leave," he said impassively, looking out the window.

"Wally, don't do this. We need to talk about what happened," she sounded distraught as she whispered. "My god, you're his cousin."

"Thanks for reminding me," he snapped back, still not looking at her. "Now please, leave me alone," he said hoarsely.

"Wally," she called. "Wally, look at me, please." She came closer as she grew impatient, wanting at least him to pay attention to her. "I'm going to tell Gavin what happened," she blurted out the threat.

"What?" He immediately turned his head towards her. "No!"

"Now that got your damn attention, didn't it?" She rested her hands on her hips.

"What do you want, Abby?" he asked angrily.

"Well, actually," she began timidly as she pulled up a seat and sat beside the bed, "I wasn't playing before. I want to tell Gavin." Wally just looked at her as she continued talking. "I just don't want to keep walking around with this guilt inside of me anymore. It's why I've been trying to call you. Just to let you know what was going on, but then to find out about you guys. . ." she trailed off for a moment. "It kind of changes things, you know?" She held her stomach, feeling a little sick at the thought.

"Look Abby, I know how you feel, but Gavin can't know," he tried to explain. "He can't know how badly I've- we've messed up. I mean, you don't know how much he loves you." Gavin was always a strange one when it came to girls, this Wally knew. Girls Gavin causally dated he couldn't shut up about, but the ones he cared for, Wally usually didn't know about them until months into the relationship. In fact, it was only about a week after Wally had last seen Abby that Gavin had started to talk about his relationship with Abigail.

Abby looked down as she smiled and responded to Wally's last statement. "He loves me?"

"Yeah," he answered softly as he saw how happy that had made her, but cocked an eyebrow curiously as he saw a look of satisfaction on her face. "He loves you a lot. So see, there's no reason to go and destroy each of our relationships with him. I mean, the only valid reason I can see us even contemplating that would be if you were-" he paused as he noticed the way she was holding herself and the worry look that filled her eyes as she looked back up at him. Wally then thought, if he hadn't been so numb from his medication, he would have felt his stomach drop. "You're pregnant, aren't you?" he asked calmly as he thought frantically, I am so screwed.

[/i]"What?" Abby said in surprise. "No. God no," she shook her head and laughed nervously. She then said plainly, "But honestly, we got lucky there, considering."

"Yeah," Wally was relieved, he could only imagine how that conversation would have gone. Gavin, you know Abigail, the girl you told me you were falling in love with the other week? You do? Well, um- I should let you know that I hit that and now she's having my brat. But I hope we're still cool. Wally shuttered at the thought. "So you agree with me then?" he asked. "About not telling him?"

She shook her head. "I don't know. I still feel guilty and what if he finds out?"


"How would he?" he asked. "Look, I don't want to lie to Gavin anymore than you do, but we have to be in agreement on this. Neither one of us wants to lose him over something stupid."

"Stupid?" She looked at him bitterly. Why had that word affected her so? Maybe because no girl wanted to think as their first time as stupid. "So what we shared was stupid?" she asked angrily. "Because I didn't hear you complaining at the time."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold it right there," he began. "You know I didn't mean it like that. The sex was amazing, alright?" He couldn't help but smile, but as quickly as it appeared, it vanished, feeling even more ashamed. "But we both know it was a mistake."

Abby took a breath. "I'm sorry," she stated. "After pushing you away, it should have ended there."

"No," Wally shook his head. "I shouldn't have started it. I shouldn't have kissed you. It was wrong, no matter who you were seeing."

They both sat in silence for a moment, as if each were trapped within the memories of that moment. Abby then spoke. "So you just want to pretend none of it happened?"

"Yeah," he confirmed. "We'll pretend like we just met for the first time today."

"I still feel bad about it."

Wally reached for her hand, lacing his fingers with hers as he had done then. "It's going to work out," he told her softly. "Trust me."

"Alright." She finally nodded as she smiled. Wally then all of sudden cringed, his pain medication was finally starting to wear off and he shift uncomfortably. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine," his voice was strained.

Abby stood up, knowing he was lying. "I'll be back. I'm going to go find Gavin and the doctor." She turned around to leave, but Wally still had a hold of her hand and stopped her from going any further.

"Whatever you do, don't let him hear you call me anything outside of W.B." Abby only nodded. "Abigail," he paused. "I'm serious."

"Alright, Wal-- W.B. I understand," she said before Wally let go of her hand. As Abby walked towards the door she slightly frowned as her eyebrows drew together. Something seemed off as he had warned her. Abby then thought, if she hadn't known better, fear resided in his eyes, but that didn't make sense. Why would he fear Gavin? Abby thought as she exited from the hospital room.

Transmission Interrupted. . .



Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment