Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Part Ten

[Complete] Honor : Trust : Loyalty – in their world, each was as vital as the next. A boy, now a man, who made a promise long ago is now set out to keep it, even if he has to turn his back on everything else and all that he knows. [Wally & Abby]

Chapter 10 - Part Ten

Chapter 10 - Part Ten
Chapter Nineteen: Judas Kiss


“Abigail?” A male voice cried out, causing Abby's eyes to grow wide as she quickly sat up. “Abigail,” the voice called once again. “Are you alright? I thought I heard you scream.” Abby swore her heart stopped within her chest as she saw the door handle begin to turn, but curiously it did not open.

Wally leaned into her. “I didn't want you escaping. I locked it when I came in,” he informed her and relief quickly washed over her body. “Get rid of him,” he told her.

Abby nodded before she attempted to get out of bed. Wally rose from the bed as well and found his pants on the floor as he quietly slipped them on as Abby found something suitable to cover her naked chest. “Abigail!” The doorknob was shaken violently.

“Will you stop with all that noise, Tommy?” Abby said as she unlocked the door and slightly opened it so she could peer out into the hall.

“Me?” Tommy looked at her in disbelief. “You're the one waking people up in the middle of night with all your hollering,” he argued. “I mean, what the hell are you doing in there anyway?”

“Well, I don't think that's any of your business, now is it?” Abby snapped before thinking as she felt her face flush in embarrassment. She then hoped that the man in front of her hadn't noticed. Tommy looked at her suspiciously with her words as she never became so defensive over something so trivial, but his expression did not escape Abby's eyes. “But if you must know,” she began slowly. “I had a nightmare, okay?” she lied convincingly. “Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to try to get back to sleep,” she told him. “You should do the same. You haven't looked well since. . . well, the other day,” she stated softly.

Tommy lowered his head as his hand slowly came up to his bruised cheek where he had been struck by his brother. “My behavior was uncalled for,” he stated in a drone like manner as if he had been lectured. “A female, whether she be friend or unarmed foe, should be handled with respected.” Then, for the second time since Abby had come back into the folds of the Senthos family, Tommy looked no more than like a small child in her eyes. “A female is not a plaything, or a punching bag, nor is she-”

“Tommy, stop,” she cut him off and his eyes rose to meet her own. “You don't have to say anymore. I've already forgiven you.”

“I'm suppose to say the whole thing,” he told her.

Abby sighed, Tommy's hero worship when it came to his brother always worried her a bit. “If Hoagie asks, I'll tell him you did. It'll be okay,” she tired to convince him, half wondering if he would protest for deliberately lying to him, but to her surprise Tommy only shook his head to agree as his hand finally slid away from his discolored cheek. “Good.”

“Alright, I guess I'll just call it a night then,” Tommy informed her, still looking quite solemn, before he turned to go back down the hall.

The way his shoulders slumped as he walked bothered Abby. “Tommy!” she called a little loudly to get his attention. He turned to see what she wanted. “How about we talk in the morning, over breakfast?” There was something more bothering him and if he would allow her, she wanted to help, he was practically family anyway.

Tommy gave her a lope sided smile as he agreed. He then bid her good night before starting down the hall as she began to close her door, but as each was doing that hurried footsteps were heard coming from the other end of the hall.

“Tom!” yelled out one of the men. Curious, Abby still stood in the doorway. She then heard Wally slightly groan behind her in impatience.

“What is it?” Tommy asked, as he once again took on a demeanor that the others were used to as he walked towards the man.

“We may have a problem, sir,” Abby frowned as she realized it was Carlos who had spoken. The nerve he had to address Tommy when he was the reason for the other's assault.

“Well, I don't have all night. Spit it out,” Tommy's voice was filled with resentment towards him.

“Eric and I had gone to relieve Mark and Adrian from their watch, but found Adrian incapacitated and Mark,” he noticed Abby watching them. “Well, it wasn't pretty,” he downplayed. Then a strange sound was heard from Abby's room.

Carlos hadn't noticed, but Tommy had and so did Abby who slightly gasped and tensed at the sound. Tommy's expression was then one of anger and then concern. “Is there someone else in there with you?” he asked in a whisper as he leaned in towards her. “Are you in trouble?” He wanted to know, thinking that whoever had gotten past Mark and Adrian, probably got as far as the house by now.

“I'm fine,” she told him, but the look in her eyes told the Senthos otherwise. Tommy then looked to Carlos who was confused a bit, but pulled out his gun when he recognized the expression. Tommy motioned him towards the door. “What?” Abby looked at Tommy worriedly when he extended his hand.

“Take it,” he demanded softly. Abby didn't know how to responded. “Take it,” he left no room in his voice for negotiation. So Abby held her breath as she opened the door only as much as she had to and slowly reached out for Tommy's hand, who immediately grabbed it and pulled her towards him and out of the way. Abby screamed as Carlos kicked the rest of the door opened and blindly shot into the dark room.

All was quiet for a moment as Carlos relaxed as he turned on the light. He then turned towards Tommy and Abby. “There's no one-” was as far as he got before he blinked and slowly collapsed to the floor.

Wally than appeared in the doorway with a silencer on one of his custom made guns. His head was slightly lowered, his brow furrowed as he looked passed Abby and straight into the eyes of Tommy. “I'm here to take back what's mine,” he announced to the unarmed boy.

“You don't own anything here,” the other made clear.

“It came from upstairs!” was heard far on the other end of the house.

A smirk than appeared on Tommy's face. “Looks like you won't be making it out of here alive,” he said with confidence.

“And neither will you.” Wally aimed his next shot carefully, but before he could actually take his shot, Tommy was doubled over and soon laid on the floor next to Abby's feet. She had elbowed him in the stomach and than gave him a sharp blow to the back of the head.

Her frighten eyes then look into Wally's. “We have to go, the others will be here any moment,” she told him as he lowered his weapon and followed her back into the bedroom. Abby had gone around Carlos, but Wally showed no respect as he stepped over him. “It's bad luck to walk over the fallen,” she stated, but Wally only shrugged, he didn't believe in stupid superstitions.

Abby only groaned as she quickly donned some jeans from her closet before making her way to the window and looking down. They were up on the third floor of the house, but the trees that grew near the house were close enough to climb down. Abby quickly turned to Wally. “Let me have one of your guns,” she asked of him, not wanting to be helpless when they reached the ground.

Wally gave one up without hesitation nor question, before he helped Abby out the window as she took her place on the strong branches within her reach. “Hurry!” she urged the other, who looked wary as he looked down.

Wally than took a deep breath before reaching out for the branches and mirroring Abby as she made her way down. Abby had just passed the second floor window when she heard a snap from above. She then heard Wally gasp frightfully before he began to fall towards her. Luckily, Abby had quick reflects as she reached out for him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt as he had managed to put his arms around the branch Abby was sitting on. Each breathed heavily for a moment as they heard someone above their heads. “What is it?” a male voiced asked loudly from Abby's bedroom.

“I don't know,” began another who sounded a lot closer. “I thought I heard something out here.” He looked out the window, but it was dark and Wally and Abby were too far down to be seen by him.

“Well, there's nothing here, let's go,” the first man told the other.

A moment later, Tommy's voice was heard. “You idiot, step around the body!” He then continued with, "I want the bug found, now!"

Several minutes of silence past before Abby or Wally dared to move in fear that someone still lingered above. “I'm slipping,” Wally announced as he his grip was starting to loosen.

Abby secured herself on the branch with her legs before leaning over and grabbing Wally with a stronger grip. Abby put everything she had into heaving Wally up towards her and thought for someone with such a small frame he was a lot heavier than she would have guessed. Then as she reached down further to get a grip on his pants so that he could get his leg around the branch, she saw something fall and bounce off one of the branches before it disappeared from her sight. “shoot,” Wally cursed as he realized they had dropped his gun.

“We'll get it when we get down there,” she assured him once he was safely sitting in front of her on the branch. He then slumped over, leaning into her tiredly. Hanging from a limb for his life had taken a lot out of him, but he was comforted as Abby wrapped her arms around him and held him tight as if afraid he would slip again. “Me saving your @$$,” she began with a smile. “Reminds me of the good old days.” The blonde couldn't help, but give a small chuckle at that.

After a brief rest, Wally reluctantly pulled away from Abby. “We really can't stay here,” he told her.

“I know,” she agreed before reaching her hand out and taking his cheek. She then brought his face towards her and placed a simple, sweet kiss upon his lips. “Please, be more careful,” she asked of him and he nodded his head at her request. “Good, now let's go.” They then began towards the ground once again, but Wally, now afraid of falling, and abiding to Abby's wishes, took his time as he made his way down slowly. So slowly, in fact, that Abby had disappeared from his sight as she had already reached the ground.

Wally smiled brightly as the tree branches became less dense as he got closer to the ground. He then jumped down when he estimated it was a good distanced to do so. His landing was anything, but graceful as he had ended up on his face. “I hate trees,” he grumbled to himself as he sighed. He then began to sit up and looked around curiously when he saw Abby was no where to be seen. He bolted up, concern etched into his features as his blood ran a bit cold.

He then placed his hand on his chest. The fall he had taken had done nothing for his already bruised ribs. He closed his eyes, grimacing at the slight discomfort when he felt something round and cold placed just below his ear. Wally's eyes snapped open immediately as he saw none other than Abby with his own weapon pointed towards him. It was than that he realized that her asking for one of his guns and then the other 'accidentally' falling, was for this moment. “So, you finally got me exactly where you want me, huh?” he asked, his voice low and filled with anger. “So go ahead and do what you have to do,” he dared her.

“You really don't me at all do you, Numbah Four?” her expression was emotionless as she regarded him. "Because you don't know what I want."





Chapter Twenty: True Loyalties


“Then tell me, because I must have missed it somewhere. What the hell do you want, Shelia?” Abby's eyes widen for a moment as she heard the stressed word said with so much venom. The last time he had called her Shelia, it was filled with admiration and love. . . the difference was down right frightful.

“I just want you to live,” she said softly with a whisper. Wally then completely turned his head to look at her, confusion written all over his face with the confession. He wanted to ask what she meant, but before he could say another word, an unexpected voice came from the shadows.

“The answer is simple, bug.” Hoagie stepped out into the light, his black shades reflected the moon's light as it sat on the top of his head. “She wants to do whatever makes me happy,” he stated arrogantly. “Isn't that right, baby?” He slipped a hand around her waist as Abby titled her cheek in his direction as he leaned down to give her a quick kiss.

“Yeah,” was her answer, her eyes not leaving Wally as his narrowed at them.

“And what would make me happy, is seeing you dead,” he made clear to the other. “Whenever you're ready,” he told her before walking to the tree that Wally had fallen out of and leaned against it with his arms crossed. He wanted to make sure he was a good distance so that he could truly appreciate the situation. Plus, he wanted his suit to stay nice. Blood was a hassle to get out.

Hoagie's meeting, he had told Abby about earlier, had gone well, better than expected, and so like he promised he made his way home only to find it in complete chaos when he arrived. When Tommy told him that Abby was taken, he didn't wait to hear the whole story, he bolted out of the house to search for her himself. Relief flooded his body as he saw her underneath the tree anxiously looking up.

She jumped when he suddenly pulled her into her arms. He then asked what she was doing and she quickly told him that she was going to surprise Beatles. He was pleased with the answer and now as he watched the scene before him a smile crept onto his face, she was the perfect girl and would make the perfect wife for him.

His smile then faded as the seconds slowly ticked by. He then noticed how Abby's hand shook slightly. Hoagie sighed as he remembered this would be her first time. “Relax, Abby,” he told her soothly. “Just take a deep breath and slowly squeeze the trigger as you exhale,” he instructed.

Wally shook his head from side to side. “You don't want to do this. And you know it,” Wally began. “Put the gun down, Numbuh Five,” he asked her.

“What the hell did he call you?” Hoagie asked as he pushed himself off the tree.

“Nothing,” she called back to him. “Nothing,” she repeated softly.

“Then shoot him,” Hoagie replied.

“You told me, you loved me,” Wally reminded her gently. “Was that a lie?”

“No,” she breathed.

“Then put the gun down.”

“I can't. Hoagie will be angry,” she explained.

“Abby, I'm waiting,” Hoagie grew impatient. “You want to prove that you love me?” he asked. “Show me your worthy enough to be my wife and rule this family? Then do what I say!” he demanded. Wally then gasped as he heard the familiar sound of a gun cock. Hoagie smiled. “Now, that's a step in the right direction.”

“You won't shoot me,” Wally predicted. Abby said nothing as she watched Wally take a step back as he took a look around him. “Because I do know you.” He took another step.

“Stop moving,” Hoagie said as he watched Wally take another step. Wally then made eye contact with Hoagie for the first time that night, and in the small moment Hoagie figured out exactly what the other was going to do. “Abby, shot!” he yelled, but it was too late, Wally had taken off towards the woods. “Damn it!” Hoagie grabbed the gun from Abby and wildly began to shoot towards the running figure.

“Hoagie, no!” Abby cried out as she forced his arm down.

It was reflects that took over Hoagie as his other hand came up quickly struck Abby across the face. He gasped loudly as he watched her fall to the ground, almost in slow motion, before her hand came up to her nose, blood spilling from the crack of her fingers. “Oh my god!” He knelt down and put his hand over both of hers. “Let me see,” he asked of her, but it was almost as if she couldn't hear him as her eyes swelled with tears. “Let me see!” he said louder and she finally, but slowly let down her hand. Hoagie sighed before he gently touched her nose, Abby whimpered and winced in pain. “Good,” he said in relief. “It's not broken.” He laid down the gun. “I'm so sorry, baby,” he told her sincerely. “I didn't mean it.”

His eyes then narrowed. “You do have feelings for him, don't you?” he accused, his chest tightening a bit with the discovery. “Go back to the house,” he ordered. “Find Tom.” He then rose, taking the gun with him. “There's something I have to do.” He then made his way towards the woods, with one objective in mind.

OoOoO


Wally nearly collapsed against the nearest tree as he hung from it, his breath quick as he tried to fill his lungs with air. He then turned over, his back now against the truck as he slowly slid down. His face grimace in pain as he tightly held his side. He then pulled his hand away and looked down at it. His hand was completely covered in his own blood. Hoagie had unfortunately gotten in a good shot as Wally had been trying to escape. “Crud,” he whispered to himself, as he realized he was losing blood, too much blood.

It had only been a little over a few minutes, but he already felt weak and light headed, but he knew he had to get back up before, “Come out, come out, wherever you are,” too late, Hoagie was already close on his tail. Wally let out a silent scream as he forced himself up and began to run again.

He didn't know where he was going, he had absolutely no plan, and had no clue how he was going to get out of this. Wally then heard several distant shots and instantly thought about Gavin and the others and how they were fairing within the Senthos stronghold. But Wally had faith in Gavin and his team and knew they would be fine, but he, he was on unfamiliar ground, being pursued by someone who held a deep grudge against him, without any weapons to defend himself. Things were not looking good.

Wally doubled over, bracing his hand against another tree as he took a very short moments to rest. He turned quickly, his eyes wide as he heard the rustle of leaves behind him. He pushed himself off the tree, but stumbled and crashed to the ground. He couldn't help the cry of pain that escaped his lips as the shock of it rippled through his body like lightening.

Hoagie immediately paused when he heard the cry, a smile slicked across his features as he turned towards it and picked up his pursuit. He knew he was on the right track when he saw splashes of blood, not only on the ground, but on nearby trees and plants Wally had pushed his way through. “Why don't you just give up!” Hoagie yelled, grabbing Wally's attention. “You can't run forever,” he let him know. “Thought you could just frack with my girl and get away it?” His voice was furious. “Thought you could tear my brother's heart in two and everything would be alright, huh?” He heard someone fall in front of him and shot in that general direction.

“frack!” Wally cried out as the bullet went flying passed his head as he tried to pick himself off the ground. He was then taken by surprise when he felt Hoagie's foot make contact with his already sore chest. “Ahhh!” he yelled out as he was kicked several times.

Eventually, Wally ended up flat on his back with Hoagie holding him in place with his foot. “So, tell me,” the brown eyed boy began as he pointed his gun down towards Wally's head. “How does it feel, nothing you're only moments from death?” Wally said nothing as he struggled to remove Hoagie off of him, but it was a losing battle as his vision was already going black from the amount of blood that he had lost. “Are you done yet?” Hoagie asked as Wally had finally ended his struggle and just lay there breathing heavily.

Wally then closed his eyes and took what he knew would be his last breath as he heard Hoagie cocked the gun in his hold. Wally jumped when he heard the shot rang out and the pressure that once laid on his chest was removed. “shoot!” Hoagie cried, but then said in a whispered, “Abby?”

Wally opened his eyes to find Abby standing in the shadows with his other gun pointed towards Hoagie as she had just shot his out of his hand. “Get away from him!” she demanded. “Now!”

“Abby, what the hell are you doing?” Hoagie asked as he took a few steps towards her.

“Don't come any closer,” she told him. “I don't want to shoot you.” Her hands shook visibly as she held the gun with both.

Hoagie's face showed his annoyance with her. “Put the gun down now, Abby.” He shook his head from side to side. “You know as well as I do you won't shot me.” He then looked at the gun he had dropped laying down on the ground. He went to pick it up, but was forced back as a bullet when whizzing by.

“Just leave it there and walk away. . . please,” Abby asked of him.

“So, your true colors finally come out, huh?” Hoagie stood his ground. “You really are choosing this piece of filth over me?”

“Yes,” she made clear. “I love him, but I still care for you,” she admitted. “So please, just let him go, and walk away,” she asked again.

“Walk away?” He looked at her like she was out of mind. “After he stole you from underneath me?”

“No one stole me, Hoagie. I just realized what I wanted and that's not you, not anymore,” she told him.

“Then shot me,” he tempted her, staring into her eyes. “But only after I have fulfilled my promise and avenged my brother.”

Abby looked at him curiously with his words, she then gasped in surprise as Hoagie made a dive for the gun. It was already in his hand as Abby cried out, “No!” She then squeezed the trigger of Wally's custom made gun, taking the shot, that would end the life of her first love. “Hoagie!” She dropped the gun to the ground as he laid still on the ground.

She then ran over to him and dropped to the forest floor before taking him in her arms and turning him towards her, tears in her eyes. To her surprise he was breathing, but the shot she had taken as puncture his lung and so she knew it wouldn't be for long. His eyes seemed childlike as he looked upon her. His hand then slowly came up and stroked her face, a soft smile on his lips before his hand landed on his chest and his eyes closed forever.

Abby's bottom lip quivered violently as he died in her arms. She then whispered his name as she held held his limp body tighter. The clouds moved slowly in the night wind until it covered the moon, leaving Abby left in the darkness.






Chapter Twenty-One: Best Laid Plans


Wally sighed happily as the warm body next to him snuggled up against him. He opened his eyes, to find his beautiful girlfriend's head on his chest. He ran his fingers lovingly through her dark locks. In response she squeezed him a little bit tighter, which didn't hurt at all as his ribs had long been healed. “Shelia,” he spoke softly. “Wakey, wakey.” He nudged her.

“Five more minutes,” she spoke with her eyes closed.

“I guess you don't want your present then,” he teased.

Wally then saw one brown eye open and then the other. “A present?” Abby asked curiously. “For what?”

“You know what for.” The blonde then sat up, focusing Abby to roll off of him. “I'll meet you in the kitchen,” was all he said before grabbing something to wear and leaving the bedroom of the small apartment they had been sharing for several months.

As Abby was getting ready for a shower, her phone rung. She quickly answered it as she recognized the number. “Hello?” she answered softly. “Oh, hi. It's been a long time,” she greeted the person on the other end. “I know, and I was, it's just. . . I understand. When?” Her brow then furrowed. “I need more time. . . but-” she sighed. “Fine.” She then ended the call before making her way to the bathroom.

About half an hour later, Abby made her way down the hall, the smell of pancakes and sausage enticing her senses. “You cooked?” she said surprised with a smile on her face. “I've must of done something good,” she guessed, but as she turned to the kitchen she realized that Wally wasn't in there, though breakfast was already laid out.

Her ears perked up as she heard the piano, which was located in the corner of the living room. She groaned as she walked towards Wally. “I never really liked that song,” she told him as he made room for her next to him on the bench.

“Why? It's a great song,” he told her, as he looked directly at her, for playing took no effort whatsoever on his part. He had been playing for as long as he could remember, and though he would never admit out loud to actually like doing it, it was so ingrained into his being, that he couldn't imagine not playing. “Come, on, sing for me,” he asked of her.

Abby laughed. “I don't remember the words,” she told him.

“How about I start you off?” he suggested.

“Whatever,” she replied.

Wally continued to play for moment. “These are the reasons that we love,” he singed a little out of tune before looking at her expectantly.

She rolled her eyes. “And baby my love you can be sure of. I got your back, when the. . . when the. . .” she shrugged. “I don't remember.”

Wally looked to his keys and began the line again. “I got your back, when the odds are stack, against us you will see. This is the promise that I make, you can always count on me.” He leaned over and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. “You can always count on me.”

“You're a dork, you know that?” Wally only smiled at her. “Come on.” She stood up taking him with her. “I'm hungry. You know I'm eating for two now.”

“I'm coming, I'm coming,” he told her as he practically had to be dragged from the piano.

Within the kitchen each fixed their own plate and took a seat at the table. Wally stared at her between bites. “What?” she asked growing a bit annoyed with it.

“So,” he pushed his plate aside and rested his arms on the table. “What do you want?” he asked her. “A boy or a girl?” Wally just couldn't stop smiling as he looked upon his beautiful, pregnant girlfriend.

At his question, Abby's eyes grew a bit sad. “You're really excited about this, aren't you?” she asked with her head down.

Seeing her sudden change of mood, Wally's smile finally began to slip away. “Well, yeah. I want a few brats running around,” he admitted. He then realized, that last night, after she had told him she was pregnant, that maybe she seemed a little worried. “Numbah Five, what's wrong?” he asked. “Don't you want kids with me?” He sat up a little, bracing himself for the answer.

“Of course, I do!” she quickly reassured him.

“Then what is it?” he asked.

She sighed. “It just feels so wrong,” she began. “Before you, I always imagined, that I would be sharing this moment with Hoagie.” Wally frowned at the mention of the other's name. “That I would be carrying his child.” She placed her hand on her stomach. “I mean, I was a Senthos-”

“That's not you anymore,” he cut her off. “You are Abigail Lincoln.” He reached for both of her hands and brought them up to his face. “My Numbah Five.”

Tears slipped from Abby's eyes. “But I killed a man, Wally. A man I had promised always to love.” She lowered her gazed. “And I betrayed him.”

Wally looked sympathetic towards her. “He betrayed you,” he made clear. “You lov- loved him and he manipulated you into doing his own dirty work. Abby, if you hadn't followed him into the woods, if you didn't have my other gun. . . I would be dead right now. Don't you get that?” There was then a pause in his speech. “Unless, you regret killing Hoagie. Regret saving me.” He lowered his head.

“Wally, no,” she breathed. “Nothing like that. There are some things in this world I can do without, but you're not one of them,” she told him sweetly. She then reached up and took his face in her hand. “I hope she has your eyes,” she said with a look of joy in her own as she finally answered Wally's original question.

Wally leaned into her touch. “I hope she has your smile,” he wished.

“And I hope you never change,” she spoke with a smile that for some reason didn't reach her eyes, causing Wally to look at her oddly. “There's something I have to show you. Today,” she stressed.

“What is it?” he asked.

Abby shook her head. “You should eat, you'll need your strength,” she told him before turning back to her plate and beginning her breakfast.

Before long, Wally was in the passenger seat of their car as Abby drove silently, a look of determination on her face. “Numbah Five?” Wally began softly as he reached over and put a hand on her thigh. “Are you sure there's nothing wrong?” he asked again for the second time since they began their little journey and once again Abby told him she was fine. He then realized it was a question that would not be answered to his liking and so decided to ask another one. “Where are we going anyway?” he asked as it donned on him he hadn't asked before.

Abby then smiled the kind of smile that he hated, the kind that almost looked between fake and sad. “It's a surprise, boo,” was all she told him as she parked her car in a nearly empty parking lot of the city zoo.

Wally's expression brighten. “Oh! Let's go to the monkey house,” he declared causing Abby to laugh at him as she reached for something in her purse. Wally smirked as she pulled out a blindfold. “Are we going to get kinky here in the parking lot,” he guessed. “I like this surprise!” he nodded as he reached for his jeans and began to unzip them. “Ow!” he yelled out when Abby smacked his hand. “What was that for?” he asked. “I'm not into spanking,” he let be known.

“Jesus, Wally, is sex all you think about?” Abby asked him seriously.

Wally thought about it for a moment and then answered. “No, I also think about cheese and video games.”

Abby placed her head in her hand before shaking it side to side. “I'm in love with an idiot.”

“You are?” Wally looked outraged. “With who?” Abby looked at him in disbelief for a moment before breaking out into laugter. She then took a deep breath to control her laughter before she told Wally she was taking him to his surprise and that she needed him to wear the blindfold. He looked a little confused. “Are you sure we're not getting kinky?”

“Wally!” she yelled.

“Okay, okay.” He threw his hands up gesturing he was done with it. As they got out of the car, Abby took his hand and he blindly followed, not really sure where he was going, but it was okay, because he would follow her anywhere.

He frowned, but said nothing as he heard a hissing sound and then the ground beneath his feet disappear as it was replaced with a tile floor. They were inside of a building. He shivered as the air for the air conditioning hit them. Wally then recognized the sounds of an elevator as they stepped onto one. “Hold on,” Abby told him as she guided his other hand to the railing before he heard her select their destination.

When the doors slid open, they began to walk again down a long hall. Wally then heard a sound he couldn't really place. He heard it again as Abby spoke, “Sit for me, Numbah Four.” She gently helped him into a comfortable chair.

His head then turned towards his hand as she placed it on the armrest and bound him to it. “Abby. . .” he spoke as she quickly bound his other arm. “I don't like this. What are you doing?” He wanted to know.

“It's the only way,” her voice cracked as she spoke. “I'm sorry.” She reached out and lovingly touched his face. “Please, forgive me,” she asked of him before kissing his lips. Wally could not answer her as he was completely baffled about what was going on. He then remembered her words from that morning, “I mean, I was a Senthos. . .”

“Numbah Five, it's time,” spoke a male voice, but not the voice Wally had been expecting. He had been expecting to hear Tommy's voice. To be betrayed as Abby told him she was still Senthos, but he now realized that this went beyond that as the voice spoke again. “It's been a long time, Numbah Four.”

Wally then felt someone take a hold of his blindfold and lift it off his head. He looked genuinely surprise at the person who stood in front of him in what he now knew was a small dark room. “Numbah One. . .”

“Hello, Wally,” he greeted him.

“What's going on?” he demanded to know. “Why am I tied up!”

“It's simple, Wallabee,” he began. “You disappeared before your decommissioning. You have been on top of the list for quite some time now,” he explained. “Kids Next Door can't have adults out there with knowledge of our organization. . . even those who were the best of what they did and have shown no ill will towards us,” he said sadly. “I never wanted to be in this position,” he admitted. “It just gets harder each time.”

“Where's Abby?” Wally fought against his restraints with no prevail. “Abby, get me out of here!” His eyes narrowed as he regarded Nigel. “I won't let you take my memories! I would never betray the Kids Next Door. Never!” he yelled. “Even if I wanted to, don't you think I would have done it by now? Abby!” he shouted for her again.

“I'm sorry, Numbah Four, but that's a chance we just can't take.” Nigel then turned around and disappeared behind a door. “Let's start the process.”

“Right, boss.” Wally sightly gasped as a light in a room above him came on and he saw Abby in front of a control panel. He whispered her name, but she ignored him. “Decommissioning in five. . . four. . . three. . . two. . .” And before Wally heard the last of the countdown his entire world went black.

Memory after memory flashed in his head. He tried reaching out for them, but then they would vanish and he couldn't remember why he was reaching out in the first place. . .

Not every operative is decommissioned after their thirteenth birthday. . .

A big kid once told me. . .

Here's your hat back, Numbah Five. . .

I thought I was your bestest best friend. . .

She just owes me a quarter. . .

I'm trying to figure out how to spell Mississippi with no S's. . .

So what did we learn today. . .

Pianos are heavy. . .

I don't want to fight you. . .

They made me bald. . .

I don't like him. I love him. . .

But he says he works alone. . .

Give the boy a dodge ball and suddenly he's a hero. . .

Yah’ll see Numbah Five-- a heart doesn’t forget. . .

Let's go home, Champ. . .

Champ. . .


“Champ!” Wally's eyes snapped opened as he heard Abby's nickname for him.

He groaned as his fingers found his temple and he applied pressure. “Oh, my head.”

“You okay?” she asked, concerned lining her words.

“Yeah, I'll be fine,” he told her, but his tired tone made her wonder. Wally looked around curiously, he was sitting on the passenger side of a their car as they sat in the parking lot of the city zoo.

“So did you enjoy the zoo?” Abby asked as she started the car and began to back up.

“Yeah?” was his answer in question form. “I um I think I did. God, my head,” he groaned again. “What the hell did we do today?”

“Before or after you were attack by the monkeys?” Abby asked with a smile.

“Cruddy monkeys. Whose idea was it to go to the monkey house anyway?”

“It was yours, remember?” she asked.

Wally thought a moment. “Dammit, it was.” He sighed as he finally decided to put on his seat beat. He then saw something that caught his eye sticking out of Abby's pursed. He reached for it and pulled out a blindfold as they approached a stop light. The expression on Abby's face as she turned to look at him was almost unreadable. “A blindfold?” he studied the blue material in his hands curiously. He then looked to Abby, a devilish smile on his lips. “You plan on getting kinky with me later?”

Abby's smile looked like one of relief. “Yeah,” she began. “That would be the plan.” She then leaned over and gave him a quick kiss. “I'm glad you didn't change,” she whispered.

Wally didn't quite understand her last statement, but then again, there were a lot things said that he didn't understand, but it was okay, because things in his life were starting to look up. And just not in his. Gavin and Kuki had talked things through and were back together. They were even discussing marriage. And Wally had marriage thoughts on his mind as well. He had been holding an engagement ring for Abby for weeks now, but just couldn't find the right time to ask. And after learning about the child they would be having he decided that tonight would be the perfect time to ask.

“Why would I change?” Wally finally asked.

Abby shrugged. “I don't know. Sometime people just change.” After Hoagie was decommissioned his personality was never quite what she remembered back when they were both part of the Kids Next Door.

“Well, if you don't want me to, I'll never change,” he reassured her. “You can always count on me. . . I promise.”

Abby only smiled at him before the light turned green and she focused on her driving and as they headed home and she thought about his promise, she realized. . . she believed him.


End Transmission

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment