Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - New Home

Not to good at summaries. Gonna have to read to find out :P

Chapter 2 - New Home

Chapter 2 - New Home


Dorothy and Alice



New Home



Maryanna escorted Dorothy off the boat and to the carriage that would take her to Rutledge. Fortunately for Dorothy, Maryanna was going to stay at Rutledge due of the lack of doctors there. `At least I am not going be alone there.' Dorothy thought, boarding the carriage.



The few people that were in the carriage didn't seem to notice Dorothy during the whole ride to Rutledge. One of the men was playing with a wooden puppet, muttering something in a different language, a boy and girl were glaring at each other without blinking and another girl was rocking back and forth on the floor, humming what seemed to be a lullaby. The others were silent.



`Maybe I was wrong.'



Alice was lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling again. Insomnia had struck her again. `At least it will make the doctors stop ranting about my screaming.' A knock on Alice's door snapped her out of her trance. “Come in.” she said faintly.



It was her usual doctor, Stephanie. The only one who was ever kind to her since she was forced to come here. “Good evening Alice. You're being moved to another room later tonight.” Alice sighed and stared at the ceiling. What had she done this time?



“Oh, by the way. The new patient, Dorothy, will be here later tonight.” Stephanie said before leaving the room.



`And I suppose everyone thought it was fine without asking me again.'



Dorothy was the only obedient patient in the carriage. The others wouldn't or couldn't move from the carriage; most of it induced by fear of the asylum, leaving the doctors no option but to put them all in straight jackets and dragging them down through the corridors of Rutledge.



Maryanna tapped Dorothy on the shoulder before they walked into the white hell house. “Dorothy, I'm sorry but we can't allow you to keep Toto with you.”



Did she hear that right? “What do you mean?” Dorothy asked, hoping she didn't hear Maryanna right. “I'm sorry but you must give Toto away. The asylum doesn't allow anything the patients carry with them. I'm sorry.”



At that moment, another nurse had appeared so suddenly that Dorothy didn't realise that she had taken Toto away from her. The doctor who had followed her quickly put Dorothy in a straight jacket and led her into the asylum.



None of this sank in quick enough. Before she knew it, she was in a padded room deep within the asylum walls.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

darkXchild on March 10, 2006, 12:56:45 PM

darkXchild on
darkXchildneat concept. I'd love to read more

Lanathae on November 9, 2005, 4:46:56 AM

Lanathae on
Lanathaeawww that's soo sad *sniff*
please write more ^^ it's sooo good

Eoara on November 9, 2005, 4:43:19 AM

Eoara on
Eoarathats really good.....i also really like the way its all put together, and its so well written! love the idea

kde2cute on June 25, 2005, 12:18:33 PM

kde2cute on
kde2cuteThat was so good. I luv it! It's so weird having dorothy and alice together. They make a great combination. Plz right another chapter!!!!!