Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Romeo? Juliet? Murderous maid? Money?

Missi can't wait 'till summer...but there's a long way to go...
Is it possible to actually make the best out of high school?

Chapter 3 - Romeo? Juliet? Murderous maid? Money?

Chapter 3 - Romeo? Juliet? Murderous maid? Money?


A stressed out middle aged woman sat at the desk in the front of the room. Her name was Lynn Roberts but she wanted the kids to call her “Miss Sarah” which made her sound like a pre-school teacher. Missi couldn't understand where you could find `Sarah' in Lynn OR Roberts, so she settled on the idea that it was her middle name.

The room was absolutely chaotic. There was kids sitting, standing, and laying on desks, papers all over the floor, girls stepping, dancing, grinding into the wall, the floor, the desks, the boys, each other, there was boys play fighting, touching girls, yelling, cursing, and god knows what else…it really was a mass of anarchy.

Miss Sarah was completely strained. Obviously she didn't feel that she had the energy to gather the place into control, so she waited for the kids to calm down. It happened fairly quickly after the bell rang. When each kid was safely at least 1 foot away from each other and not inhabiting the table tops, she gave them the daily announcements and told them how there was an upcoming class play. She said “It's Romeo and Juliet”, then she thought for a second and said “no, no, no… that's not it…it's...Er…something about money…no…murderous maids? Ah well, I'm not sure but why don't you ask Mr. Hayes? He'll know. In fact, you have him next period, so let's get moving”

Mr. Hayes taught drama. His first name was Justin. He was only a few years older than them, like 19. He wasn't an official teacher but he went to the local college and they all had to do community service to pass. Missi thought Mr. Hayes was drop-dead-sexy. She didn't care that he was putting grades on her report card, she thought he was awesome. She knew she didn't have much of a chance with him, and she did have a boyfriend, but hey, a girl can dream right?

Drama class went smoothly, they found out the play was about a demon child (boy) and an angel child (girl) that become friends, and as they grow older they fall in love, but their families find out about it and try to keep them from seeing each other ever again and the demon family asks `the devil' for help and `the devil' possesses the demon boy and kills the angel. But then `God' revives the angel and then she tells the demon boy she hates him and never wants to see him again and since he was possessed he didn't know what happened and he gets all heart-broken and dies.

“Sound's depressing. My mom would kick my @$$ if she found out I was in some freaky `let's all kill each other and our selves' type of play” Andy told Missi.

“Yeah…I guess…I kinda wanna play the demon” Missi said, not really paying attention.

“Umm…Missi…the demon…is a boy and as far as I know…you are a girl.” Andy said.

“I know but the demon's role seems really interesting! And what's the big deal? Men in the 1700s had to dress up as women in plays because women weren't allowed in theater!” Missi replied.

“Yes Missi, you do have a point there, don't you? So you are planning on trying out for the role of the demon? That may be okay, but you'd make a very pretty angel…” a voice said. It was Mr. Hayes. Missi blushed.

“Err…yes…it's just that the demon's role seems so much better…”

“But the angel has a little more lines—”

“Really?”

“Yep”

“Fine. Angel it is.” Missi said smiling. She had to admit, even though it seemed selfish, she wanted to be the star of the play. “When are the auditions?” she asked.

“Auditions are here, tomorrow at 3:30 pm okay everyone? I hope to see all of you there” Mr. Hayes called out.

Oh I'll be there alright, Missi thought; I can't wait! And she and the rest of the kids went to their next class.­


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Koikaji_Saru_the_Wierd_O on July 15, 2005, 5:51:43 AM

Koikaji_Saru_the_Wierd_O on
Koikaji_Saru_the_Wierd_ORomeo and Juliet with a demonic twist, very nice.
it moved a bit fast though. it seemed as if it went from A to B to F, in what seemed like no time at all.