Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Intrigued Attraction

Sequal to Forever Yours... Ark, Shadow's son, is 17 and falls in love... what will it take to win her heart?

Chapter 1 - Intrigued Attraction

Chapter 1 - Intrigued Attraction

Say This Sooner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He smiled as he looked down to the two sleeping women on each of his shoulders. He laughed slightly as he began to sit up. They woke and looked at him with grins on their faces. He turned to wink at them as he dressed and headed for the front door. He checked his watch, it was already eight in the morning.

He drove quickly and made it home; his mother was feeding the twins in the kitchen. She glared at him. He smiled at her and took a seat next to her. He picked up a bottle and began to feed his baby brother who was currently being unattended, “Hey Mom.” “Where were you last night?” “Out, here and there, you know, the usual.” She sighed, “You’re just like your father. No drugs right?” “No mom, no drugs.” “And you used protection?” He reached in his pocket and placed a pistol on the table, “Sure, I always have protection.” “Ark! What if you get caught with that by the police? I’m tired of worrying about you!” “Then stop worrying, I’m pretty damn good at not getting caught, and not getting killed.” She rolled her eyes, “Get your @$$ in the shower. You smell like sex and booze. You better go to school today.” Ark put the baby back in his carrier and stood, “I was planning on going anyway. Does Emerald need a ride? I know her school starts later than mine right?” “No Ark, Emerald and Lexie both caught the bus this morning. Unlike someone, you’re lucky I didn’t tell Knuckles you weren’t home this morning.” “Pshhhh he ain’t my daddy! He can kiss my black @$$. You and your five kids. You have a problem with twins Mom? Haha Emerald is the only one that doesn’t have a double. Plus, why did you go and get knocked up when I’m about to graduate? You figure that you wanted to try again and not screw up with a boy?” “No Ark, you know that’s not it… it was an accident. I still love them though and you do too.” “They look like frackles, have better names though.” He bent down to Blade, “Isn’t that right, you look like your fugly daddy, yes you do! And so does little James. You little fugly bundles of joy.” Rouge threw an empty bottle at him as he darted out of the room towards the bathroom.

Ark checked his makeup in the mirror in the office as he waited for the principal. He tightened his lip ring, the principal coughed as he came in the room to catch Ark’s attention. Ark spun around, “Hey there, sup?” “Ark have a seat.” Ark sat in the chair and watched the principal intently. “Do you know why you’re in here again today?” “I screwed something up again?” “Well yes, but I wouldn’t put it in those terms. We need to talk about your grades. Ark, are you planning to graduate this year?” Ark propped his head in his hand and sighed, “Yes, I am planning to get out of this hell hole as soon as possible.” “Don’t you dare use that language in here! Do you want to fail?” The principal began to ramble on, Ark quickly lost interest and began to stare out the window. He watched a young girl as she walked across the courtyard. She looked about his own age. She wore a short skirt with a matching girly shirt. Her brown hair was in curls; She was a hedgehog. She clutched her books to her chest as a group of boys approached her. They seemed to be interrogating her. Lucky for the girl, the bell rang and the school halls filled with children. She melted into the crowd and disappeared from sight. Ark turned his attention back to the principal and continued to listen to his droning rant. “Ark, if you want to pass, you need to stay after for tutoring and extra credit. If you start now, you will be able to bring your grades up just enough to pass.” Ark smirked, “You know, I think the real reason you want me to pass is so you won’t have to deal with me anymore. Aren’t you going to miss my pretty face?” The principal looked disgusted, “Ark, teachers start tutoring next week. So for this week, just stay after and help clean up the school. I’ll add five points to your overall grade in each class for this week. Now get back to class, and on your way wipe some of that makeup off of your face. Its distracting, and you’re a boy remember? Why can’t you be more like you’re sister? She will be graduating with honors this year.” Ark rolled his eyes and left the room.

After school Ark was scrubbing a wall covered in graffiti. The girl he had seen earlier approached him, “Need a hand?” She pulled out a sponge and began to help him. “Why the hell are you here? Little miss goody two shoes.” She sighed and shot him a mean glare, “I need extra credit.” “Why do you need it, you look like you make the perfect grades.” “I’m failing history, cause I sleep in that class. Its my first period.” Ark was surprised, “I didn’t know preppy people failed anything. What grade are you in anyway?” “Eleventh and don’t always base everything you believe on looks alone, sometimes they can be deceiving. Ever heard the old saying, ‘never judge a book by its cover’?” “Umm yeah but that’s usually about kids that look like frack ups.” She smirked and said nothing in reply. He hesitated, not quiet sure what to say next. She was short, and had to stretch to reach some of the areas she was cleaning. As she did so Ark took the opportunity to examine her backside. Her skirt rolled up just enough to flash a bit of her panties. He became lost in thought and didn’t notice his mouth drop open a bit. The next thing he knew, a soggy sponge was thrown in his face. He jumped back on its impact, “What the hell was that for?!” By the time had wiped his eyes she was walking away. “Hey you, wait!” She shouted after him, “Pig!” He spat at the ground as he watched her storm out of sight.

The moonlight hit his face in the darkness as Ark lay in his bed. He stared at the ceiling, his ruby eyes glistening. He rain his fingers through his jet black hair as he sighed heavily. He was lost in thought and couldn’t sleep. He didn’t even speak or eat much at dinner that evening. He couldn’t stop thinking about that girl from earlier, he didn’t even catch her name. He had never thought this away about any girl before. He’d dated too many to count and slept with even more than that, but never had he thought about any single girl so much. Never before had he felt any regret for disrespecting a woman’s body, but he couldn’t help but be embarrassed this time. Watching her walk away so angrily, because of something he did made him feel horrible. Usually this was the type of thing he would brush off and forget about, but the sparkle in her glaring brown eyes stuck in his mind. She didn’t even seem to take interest in him. She didn’t comment on his looks or anything, which confused him. Ark had always been popular with the girls, since he was a little boy. If he wanted to date someone, no questions asked she would agree to it. If he wanted a hook up, women swamped to him. He wasn’t used to rejection and he always got what he wanted. Maybe it was because she was too much of a ‘good girl’. Yet there was an air of mystery surrounding her. Ark brought the covers over his eyes and shut them tightly. He didn’t know quite what it was about her that caught his attention. She was pretty much an average girl with average features. He didn’t know what it was that made her so special in his mind, all he knew was that he has to find out.

The next day Ark stayed after for more school cleanup. He rushed through the empty halls searching for the girl from yesterday. He found himself in the eleventh grade hallway. He knocked on the door of his old history class, the teacher was inside and he decided to step in. “Hey Mrs. Speas!” History was one of the few classes Ark never had much trouble in and to top that Mrs. Speas was just about the only teacher that ever liked Ark. “Oh hello there Ark, how have you been?” “I’m fine, doing some extra credit so I can graduate but umm I have a question for you if you don’t mind.” “Go ahead honey, you know you can talk to me about anything.” Ark smiled, “Well there is this girl that’s apparently failing your class. She’s in your first period, has brown hair and brown eyes. Sleeps in class and has to do some extra credit to pass?” “Why do you want to know about her?” “Well I don’t know really, but I ran into her yesterday after school… she was doing cleanup and I was wondering if she was staying after today too… and what her name is if you don’t mind.” Mrs. Speas smirked at him, “You know Ark, you’ve had plenty of girlfriends over the past few years… but they always come to you, you never chase them. I don’t know what your intentions are but you be nice to her, she’s a good girl.” Ark waited impatiently, “Name please? And where might I find her?” Mrs. Speas laughed, “I believe you would be speaking of Rhyme. She is a sweet girl, does all her work, she just doesn’t pay attention in class. She couldn’t stay after today, family matters I believe. However she should be here tomorrow, on cleanup duty again.” The smile disappeared from Ark’s face, “Oh… alright then.” He forced it back, “Well thanks Mrs. Speas. I’ll talk to you later, I have to get back to work before I fail.” She laughed as he made his way out of her classroom.

Ark lit up a cigarette as soon as he stepped off school grounds. He breathed out and spoke to himself, “Ahh menthol… I don’t see how Dad can stand to smoke those reds… too strong for me man.” He flicked the ashes to the sidewalk and flipped his hair back. “Rhyme huh? That’s an odd name for such an ordinary girl… but then, she did say not to judge a book by its cover. I don’t know… I’m pretty much what you see is what you get. Her though, she’s different, maybe.”

Ark practically dropped his cigarette as he heard the sound of a gunshot and a loud scream. His eyes shot open as he hurried to where it came from. Down the ally way he could see a man with a pistol and a young girl holding her arm tightly. “Hey!” he shouted, catching the man’s attention. As soon as he turned away the girl made her break for it and ran off into the darkness. Ark would have chased after her, but right now she needed protecting, “It would be a disgrace to my family if I just let you kill that girl. What the hell were you thinking…” Ark was calm, and quite used to these situations. His father had taught him to be prepared for the worst when he was young. The man that stood before him was large and dressed in casual wear, “That dog doesn’t have my shoot! I paid three days ago and she doesn’t have my shoot! I knew I couldn’t trust that little slut!” He pointed the gun at Ark. Before either of them could blink Ark had a firm grasp in the man’s hand and a heavy fist to his face. The man was thrown against the wall, bleeding from his nose, “What the frack, who… what the hell are you? You animal!” Ark raised an eyebrow, “No… my daddy just taught me right.” Ark emptied the bullets from the gun and stuck them in his pocket. He tossed the gun back to his bleeding victim and shot him a quick wink, “Now don’t go shooting any more young ladies alright? Like my father always told me, you never hit a woman. No matter how much that dog deserves it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you go doges, chapter one complete… another epic has just begun. Let me know what you think of it!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Meep246 on July 31, 2007, 11:21:23 PM

Meep246 on
Meep246Yay! another great story!

kenchan on July 31, 2007, 4:23:01 PM

kenchan on
kenchanYou still got it. Ark hes like his father and where is Shadz anyway? F/A