Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Superboy

When the newly formed Titan South,are on their first mission in Smallville, they meet Superboy. The problem is that he does not want to become a Teen Titan. But he's going to need their help to stop evil robots who are intent on stealing his powers.

Chapter 2 - Superboy

Chapter 2 - Superboy
Just Super

Smallville
The 5 members of The Titans South attempted to defeat the robots once more, but unfortunately it wasn't going well. Jinx blasted several robots with magical energy blades but as she attempted to do the same to another group of robots, one of the robots that she had defeated reformatted and blasted her in the back. Another defeated robot reformed into an arm and grabbed Kid Flash's leg as he was running, so not only was he unable to move but he lost his concentration long enough to be blasted by another robot. As Lightning and Thunder blasted some robots, the robots created a force field causing their attacks to be bounced back at them. Computress then possessed a robot, but the robot had sent a signal to the other robots, so they blasted the robot destroying it and weakening Computress.

Just as the local police were arriving one of the robots grabbed a near buy car and chucked it at the officers. One of the officers closed his eyes waiting for the car to hit him, it never did the officer opened his eyes to see hovering in front of him was a teenage boy holding the car above him.

The boy was dressed in a blue costume that did not cover his head; the costume also had red gloves and boots, each with a jagged rim, he also wore a red cape that also had a jagged rim, and red underwear over the pants section of his costume and on his chest was the red outlined, yellow diamond symbol with a red stylized S in it. The boy had black messy hair and green eyes which were glowing with red fire like energy.

The teen effortlessly tossed the car at one of the robots, temporarily destroying it before it reformatted.
“Looks like you guys need a hand” said Superboy, flying over to where the Titans South were.
“Kon?” said Kid Flash upon realizing who the new teenager was, “Imp is that you" asked Superboy, “Its Kid Flash now” replied Kid Flash.

Suddenly all of the robots lost interest in the Titans and began attacking Superboy, the robots fired their lasers at Superboy, whose eyes were glowing red with fire like energy, but the lasers didn't even faze him.
"Please like that’s going to work" said Superboy, who super-sped at the robots smashing them to pieces, as if they were made of glass. A group of robots created a green forcefield in front of themselves, the forcefield then turned into an energy sphere, the sphere was then blasted at Superboy, but his hair started flowing as if there was a wind blowing and he suddenly fired a blast of red fiery energy from his head, completely destroying the energy sphere.
The last remaining robot fired a laser from its eyes at Superboy, "that tickles, now it’s my turn" said Superboy, his eyes glowed red but not with fiery energy, he then shot out red lasers from his eyes melting the robot.

The robots then began to reformat, Superboy saw this and started flying around them, flying faster and faster creating a tornado, which scattered the molecules of the robots, breaking them down to mere atoms. Once the robots were completely destroyed, Superboy stopped.

“Hey he just stole our battle” said Lightning, ungratefully; “He also saved our lives” replied Computress, “What’s your point”.
“Thanks for helping us” said Jinx, holding out her hand, hoping for Superboy to shake it.
“No problem, but in future let me handle Smallville on my own” said Superboy, coldly before flying off into the sky.

“Rude much” said Jinx, “Who was that guy anyway” asked Thunder, “That was Kon-El aka Superboy, the teen of steel”.

Main Room of the Titans South Tower

"Can you believe that guy" shouted Lightning, pacing through the room.
"I mean we have the robots right where we wanted them, and here comes Mr. Invincible, Flying, Laser Vision, Strong Boy to steal our fight, I mean what makes him so special?
“Um… he's invincible, he can fly, he's got laser vision and he's strong" replied Thunder, who was sitting on the sofa.
"You shouldn't let him get to yer, he's just not a people person" said Kid Flash, entering the room.
"How do you know him anyway?" asked Jinx, who was sitting in a corner of the room, reading a book (sound familiar?).
"I met him once just shortly after I had become a superhero" answered Kid Flash.

"I'm guessing buy the nickname he gave you, you met him before you were Kid Flash" said Computress who was by the computer seeing what she could find on Superboy, on the computer was an image of Superboy, only instead of the costume he had worn earlier, he was wearing a black shirt, with a red outlined, black diamond symbol with a red stylized S in it, a pair of navy blue jeans and some black shoes.
"Find anything" asked Jinx, putting her book down and walking over to the computer.

"Not much" replied Computress, "he originally battled Superman, apparently he was working for one of Superman's enemies, but later saw the error of his ways and became Superman's sidekick and in an interview with Lois Lane, Superman claimed that Superboy was his cousin".
"and his Kryptonian name is Kon-El" added Kid Flash who was now lying on the sofa, "Kon-El, sounds Spanish” said Lightning, "Do you speak Spanish" asked Kid Flash, with a smirk on his face. "No" said Kid Flash reluctantly.

"Maybe we should ask him to join us" suggested Thunder, "Oh yeah that’s a great idea, except there’s only one problem, we don't know where he lives" said Lightning, sarcastically. "No but I could find out where" said Kid Flash, "how about we checkout Smallville and I'll find out where Kon lives?"

Secret Evil Lair
Watching a replay of the battle in Smallville, was a robot similar to the ones the Titans South had thought, only this one had spikes coming out of both his legs and arms, the armour on his shoulder was a dome shaped, on his chest was a triangle with a Z on it and his head was Dome shaped and had green eyes.

"You said that when you upgraded the Zartharbots, they would be unbeatable" said the robot holding a boy up by his neck. The boy was very short and bald; he was wearing a green suit, with a silver metal backpack and some green goggles. "Hey they beat the new titans" said Gizmo.
The robot threw Gizmo across the room and into a wall. "I do not care about these teenaged titans, I only care about the Kryptonian" said the robot pointing at the computer screen which now displayed a picture of Superboy.
"I found you frozen solid with the other criminal lowlife of this planet and now you will find out this Superboy's weakness and add it to the Zarthabots, follow my orders and I shall reward you, do not and you will feel the wrath of Zarthargor Maximus" shouted the robot.

Smallville Library
Once in Smallville the Titans South had split up, Thunder had gone to get something to eat, Lightning had reluctantly gone with him (after being informed by Thunder that there were no video arcades in Smallville), Computress had gone to find a computer store, Kid Flash went to find out where Superboy lived (that was after he gets to know some local girls) and Jinx had gone to the library.

Now she was sitting in the library with three books, Spells and Curses: A Guide to Magic by Madame Salena (AN1), The Light, The Dark and The Arts by Mr. Mike L Pix (AN2) and Seeing beyond your karma and luck by Dr O Megan Hedron (AN3).

Suddenly a group of three boys came over to her; "Hey Goth girl whatcha reading" asked the leader of the boys, "Get lost" said Jinx.
"Or what, you gonna kick our butts like you did with dem robots, NOT!" said the second boy, giving the third boy a high five.
"I'd leave her alone, if I were you" came a voice, the group of boys turned around to see another boy.

This boy had black hair that looked as though it had been forcibly gelled and/or combed down and green eyes covered by a pair of glasses. He wore a black jacket that covered his white shirt, and most of his jeans and a pair of black shoes.

"And why should we" said the leader, trying to sound tough although it was obvious he was scarred of this boy, "Think about it, the girl managed to battle some robots, she may not have defeated them, but she can easily defeat you and that’s without my help, or you could choose the better option" said the boy, holding out a five dollar note. The leader walked over to the boy and took the note and left with the other two boys. The boy looked over at Jinx, then walked towards the exit, "Hey wait your not even gonna tell me your name" said Jinx, the boy stopped "My name is Conner Kent", he said before leaving.

Suddenly Jinx's communicator went off, everyone turned, shhhhushhhhhhhing her, "Sorry" said Jinx, leaving the library. "Jinx here" she said, speaking into the communicator, "Its K.F. I've found Superboy's place".

Secret Evil Lair
"Sir I've finished building the power transferer device" said Gizmo, "What information do you have on the young kryptonian" asked Zarthargor.
"Well that’s the thing you may not get all the sun-powered kryptonian powers" replied Gizmo, nervously, "What do you mean" shouted Zarthargor, "Well it turns out that Superboy is only half Kryptonian so he only has a few powers and the only power you'll probably get is his Tactile Telekinesis" answered Gizmo.

"Tactile Telekinesis?", "yeah this telekinetic energy that allows him to mimic some Kryptonian powers" explained Gizmo. "What powers?" asked Zarthargor, "Super Strength, Speed, Flight and Invulnerability". "Perfect" said Zarthargor. "and the boy's weakness", Gizmo handed Zarthargor a box; he opened the box to reveal a green glow, Zarthargor smiled.

"So now can I have my reward" asked Gizmo, nervously, "Yes Gizmo you shall have your reward" said Zarthargor, suddenly he spun around and grabbed Gizmo, by the neck with his left hand. A silver sphere moulded out of Zarthargor's right hand, he then shoved the sphere down Gizmo's throat and let go of him.

Gizmo opened his mouth and silver liquid poured out of it, consuming his entire body. When it was over Gizmo now had a silver metal, body, instead of goggles he had green bug like eyes and some metal spider legs had come out of his backpack. "Now finish upgrading the Zartharbots" demanded Zarthargor, "Yes Master Maximus" said Gizmo, walking off, on his spider legs.

Authors Notes:
1. A reference to the villain from the Supergirl movie
2. A reference to the villain Mr Mxyzptlk
3. A reference to the Omegahedron from the Supergirl Movie




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment