Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Titans South Go!

When the newly formed Titan South,are on their first mission in Smallville, they meet Superboy. The problem is that he does not want to become a Teen Titan. But he's going to need their help to stop evil robots who are intent on stealing his powers.

Chapter 4 - Titans South Go!

Chapter 4 - Titans South Go!
Just Super

Titans South Tower
In the main room of the Titans South Tower, Thunder stood at the computer searching for any information on the Zartharbots, or anything that might help find Superboy. Behind him stood Jinx who was double checking the information, meanwhile Kid Flash paced back and forth at superspeed.
"Will you quit doing that" said Jinx, who had been watching him out of the corner of her eye; "sorry" said Kid Flash instantly sitting on the sofa.

"You find anything yet" asked Kid Flash, "apart from a few spaceship sightings, nothing" replied Jinx.
"I was thinking couldn't Computress build something, to lock on to Superboy's tactile telekinesis, so we can find him" asked Thunder, "Yeah, but the robots probably have him trapped with Kryptonite, so his tactile telekinesis would be too weak for us to track" said Kid Flash.

Computress's Room
Computress's room consisted of a bed, an empty wardrobe, a metal desk and several pieces of scientific equipment. On the metal desk was a piece of metal that Computress had managed to get off of one of the Zartharbots.

"Well we've done about every sciency mumbo-jumbo test in the world on this thing and got nothing" complained Lightning, "well we still need to see how it reacts to different electromagnetic frequencies" said Computress. She then grabbed Lightning's hand, but Lightning pulled away, "what are you doing?" asked lightning.
"If we combine our powers we can create an electromagnetic field around the metal, and alter the fields electromagnetic frequency as we see fit" said Computress.
"Fine" said Lightning, holding out his hand, which Computress grabbed.

Computress's eyes glowed with white energy; Lightning fired a bolt of electricity from his free hand at the piece of metal. The bolt instead of hitting the metal, it flew around the metal in a circle before forming a blue forcefield around it.

Unknown Place
Superboy slowly opened his eyes, he felt tired, dizzy, woozy and he had a migraine, something was definitely wrong. Superboy then realized he was lying, strapped, on a metal table, that instead of facing upwards it was facing forwards. He also noticed patches on his hands, which were connected to several wires. He looked around to see where he was and saw that he was not only inside a warehouse but also inside a circle; everything outside of the circle was green. And then he realized why he felt so weak, he was in a Kryptonite forcefield.

Superboy saw that the wires connected to the patches on his hands, was connected to a dome outside the forcefield, there was two sets of wires connected to the other side of the dome. One set of wires were connected to a large set of computers, the other set was connected to Zarthargor Maximus, who was lying on a similar table to Superboy.

"Ah so your awake" said Zarthargor, noticing Superboy.
"I am Zarthargor Maximus; I have travelled galaxies to find a Kryptonian".
"What do you want with me?" asked Superboy, "simple I want your powers”.

“How are you gonna get them" asked Superboy, suddenly he heard a noise and looked up to see Zarthar-Gizmo standing on top of the forcefield with his spider legs.
"I'll show you how, you little snot-rag" said Zarthar-Gizmo, in a mechanical like voice, his eyes flashed green and the dome in the middle of the warehouse open to reveal a large glowing red rock.
"That’s red Kryptonite" said Superboy, in surprise, "Yes, this rock can have numerous different effects on Kryptonians, but Gizmo has managed to build a device to harness its power to transfer your tactile telekinesis into me, and then nothing will stand in my way of universal domination" said Zarthargor Maximus, before letting out an evil laugh.

Titans South Tower
Lightning and Computress came back into the main room of the Titans South Tower.

"Where'd you get those pieces of metal" asked Kid Flash, noticing the two large pieces of metal Computress was carrying.
"It was originally the piece of metal I got off of one of the robots we fought" answered Computress, "when me and Lightning combined our powers to create an electromagnetic field around the metal, we discovered that by changing its frequency we found that metals molecules not only expanded but it multiplied" said Computress.

"And look at this" said Lightning, snatching one of the pieces of metal off of Computress and passed it to Jinx, on the metal was a small black stylized G with a green outline.
"Gizmo" said both Jinx and Kid Flash, simultaneously.
"So Gizmo's working for the robots that capture Superboy" said Thunder.

"So now what" asked Lightning, "I was thinking of building a device that could lock onto Kon-El's tactile telekinesis" said Computress.
"We already thought of that, he's probably near Kryptonite so his telekinesis would be too weak too track" said Jinx.
"Yes but only on his end", Computress upon seeing the confused look on the others continued to explain, "Some scientists theorize that some people gain a telepathic link with those they interact with".

Computress then turned to Jinx and Kid Flash, "and since you two have both interacted with him the most". "You want to use us..." said Jinx, “to telekinetically link with Superboy, so we can find out where he's being kept" finished Kid Flash.

The warehouse
Zarthar-Gizmo type at the numerous computers, and the Red Kryptonite began to glow and the wires connected to Superboy and Zarthargor Maximus began to send off red sparks.

Titans South Tower
Kid Flash and Jinx were now both wearing silver metal helmets that covered most of their heads, but revealed both their eyes and mouths; on the back of the helmets were some wires that were connected to the computers which Computress was typing at.

"O.K we should have telekinetic link in 5" said Computress.

The warehouse
"4" counted Zarthar-Gizmo.

Titans South Tower
"3" counted Computress.

The warehouse
"2" counted Zarthar-Gizmo.

Titans South Tower
"1" counted Computress.

The warehouse
Red electricity shot through the wires from the Red Kryptonite into both Zarthargor Maximus and Superboy. Superboy immediately screamed out in pain.

Titans South Tower
Both Kid Flash and Jinx's eyes glowed with purple energy before the helmets they were wearing exploded.

"I know where Conner is" said both Jinx and Kid Flash before they flew/ran out of the tower, Lightning super-sped after them, while Computress and Thunder followed on Computress's flying C.D.

The warehouse
Superboy screamed out in pain as Red Kryptonite energy flowed through his body, whilst Zarthargor laughed out as Superboy's powers were transferred into his body.

Suddenly the ceiling exploded as the Titans South arrived. Lightning sent a blast of at Zarthargor sending him flying, interrupting the power transfer. Suddenly Zarthar-Gizmo leapt down from what remained of the ceiling and landed in front of the Titans, "looks like someone had an extreme make-over" said Jinx, "a very extreme make-over". Zarthargor Maximus stood up from where he had been thrown, his eyed glowing with tactile telekinetic energy.

"Think you and me can take on your old schoolmate" said Computress, "You bet" replied Jinx, as the two of them separated from the rest of the Titans South. Kid Flash had already gone to free Superboy.

Thunder clapped his hand together sending several sonic booms towards Zarthargor, but all that did was cause minor ripples of telekinetic energy, whilst Lightning shot bolts of electricity from his hands but they had no effect.

Jinx and Computress where blocked by two giant C.D shields, as Zarthar-Gizmo shot green-energy blasts, from two guns that had come out of his back-pack, at them.
"You shouldn't have left the H.I.V.E" said Gizmo, mockingly. Jinx's eyes suddenly glowed with a pink energy that flowed through her body; she stepped out from behind the CDs. The energy blasts Gizmo was sending were being absorbed by the pink energy and she created a pink magical energy whip, Jinx twirled the whip before flinging it at Gizmo. The whip began to wrap around Gizmo before transforming into four energy blades that cut Zarthar-Gizmo's spider legs apart.
Computress flew into Zarthar-Gizmo's head possessing him; he began to send off sparks before the metal melted off of him, revealing Gizmo who collapsed unconscious.
"And you shouldn't have stayed" said Jinx with a smirk.

Thunder and Lightning were just barely managing to keep Zarthargor at bay, Lightning flinging electrical energy at him, whilst also shooting off electric blasts, Thunder clapped his fists together creating large sonic booms or slamming the ground with his fist creating one huge sonic burst. Zarthargor was about to send his fist straight into Lightning's head, or he would have had Lightning not super-sped away.

"Hey Thunder ready to try our Super-Sonic-Storm-Slammer" asked Lightning, "you bet" said Thunder. Lightning immediately ran right past Zarthargor and then suddenly shot right back towards Thunder; Thunder immediately clapped his hand together creating a sonic blast just as Lightning spun around. Lightning was then propelled towards Zarthargor Maximus, before he stopped just in front of him, sending a huge burst of electrical energy from his body at Zarthargor Maximus.

Kid Flash stood in front of the Kryptonite force-field and vibrated through it, he then began to vibrate his right fist and punched the metal strap causing it to explode. Superboy almost collapsed on to the floor, but Kid Flash caught him, letting the weakened Superboy lean on him for support.

"Come on Kon, we're getting out here" said Kid Flash, “can’t the Kryptonite” said the barely, conscious Superboy. “Not a problem” said Kid Flash, vibrating both his and Superboy’s molecules as the two of them began to phase through the forcefield. As they phased through the Kryptonite forcefield, the forcefields molecules began to vibrate changing from green to blue.

Superboy’s eyes suddenly became stronger, as new energy mingled with his remaining tactile telekinetic energy, flowed through his body.
“Thanks for the blue Kryptonite pick me up” said Superboy.
Suddenly both Superboy and Kid Flash, along with Jinx, Computress, Thunder and Lightning were thrown back against the walls by a large burst of tactile telekinetic energy.

The 6 teens looked to see Zarthargor Maximus, hovering above the ground, his eyes surging with tactile telekinetic energy. Zarthargor’s chest began to melt into a liquid form; Zarthargor reached into his chest and pulled out some of the liquid metal. The liquid metal split up and began to grow into several Zartharbots each own like Zarthargor had eyes flowing with tactile telekinetic energy.

“Great how are we meant to stop them” asked Jinx. Superboy immediately looked at the huge chunk of red Kryptonite, “think you can change solid Kryptonite” said Superboy to Kid Flash, “Oh yeah” said Kid Flash realizing what Superboy meant. “Computress I need you to overload the computers” said Superboy, “the rest of us will handle the robots”.

“Titans South Go!” shouted Superboy, as the 6 teens split up.
Computress leapt up into the air, flying into the computers. Kid Flash ran over to the red Kryptonite and began to vibrate its molecular structure.
Meanwhile high in the air Superboy fired heat vision at Zarthargor, before he was blasted into the wall by a huge burst of tactile telekinetic energy. Superboy quickly super-sped away, just before Zarthargor Maximus landed a super-powerful punch on the spot where he had been.

Several Zartharbots fired a wave of tactile telekinetic energy at the 3 remaining teens, Jinx’s eyes glowed with pink magical energy and a pink forcefield of pure good luck appeared around the teens. When the forcefield disappeared, Jinx fired of a huge blade of bad luck. Thunder then clapped his hands together creating a huge burst of sonic energy breaking down the Zartharbots molecular structure. As the Zartharbots began to reform, Lightning’s hand glowed with electricity; Lightning then slammed his hand into the ground. Electricity travelled from the ground to the walls electrocuting the Zartharbots.

Whilst the four teens battled, sparks were flying from the computers and some had small explosions.
Computress flew out of the computer, “We have to go the computers are about to overload” said Computress before grabbing Thunder and flying out of the warehouse. Lightning immediately speeding after them, followed by Jinx who had grabbed Gizmo as she flew.

Superboy fired one final burst of tactile telekinetic energy at Zarthargor, before turning to Kid Flash, who was still vibrating the molecules in the red Kryptonite.
“Go I’ll catch up” shouted Kid Flash. Superboy then flew out of the warehouse.

Just as Zarthargor Maximus and the Zartharbots began to reform, Kid Flash succeeded in changing the red Kryptonite into green Kryptonite and the computers finally overloaded.

Hill One mile away from the Warehouse
The Titans South plus the unconscious Gizmo stood on a hill one mile away from the Warehouse and watched a green explosion go off in the distance.

Suddenly Kid Flash appeared in front of the group of super-teens, “well I made it” said Kid Flash. A tiny piece of red Kryptonite fell out of Kid Flash’s hair and landed on Superboy’s boot.

Superboy’s hair blew upwards and his eyes glowed a fiery red as the tactile telekinesis that had been taken from him, returned to him.
“I’ve decided to join you guys, if you will accept me” said Superboy, “only if you will be our new leader” said Computress.
“I second that” said Kid Flash, “I third that” said Jinx, “Same” said Thunder, “Ditto” said Lightning.

The next day at the Titans South Tower
Jinx, Thunder and Lightning all sat on top of the Titans South Tower, watching the three teens at the bottom of the tower. Superboy having joined the Titans South now wore a yellow belt with a yellow, circular belt buckle with a black ring inside it (AN1). Both Superboy and Kid Flash looked like they were preparing for a race.

“On your marks” said Lightning…. “get set”……”and…….Go!” shouted Lightning firing a bolt of lightning into the sky.
Both Superboy and Kid Flash, super-sped off after the lightning bolt and over the horizon.

Authors Notes:
Well this is the end of Just Super, but don’t worry there will be more adventures from the Titans South, as soon as I get some ideas.
1. In case you couldn’t tell Superboy’s belt buckle is meant to be the same kind of belt buckle as the ones Robin and Beastboy have.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment