Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two-An Encounter

The Titans are back from their war with the Brotherhood of Evil, but nothing in Jump City is like how they remembered it. And whom is the mysterious girl who's always wearing her brown hat? What could she possibly be hiding? Even though they've just met her, why does Robin think he's seen her before?

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two-An Encounter

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two-An Encounter

Author's Notes
Just to say, this story has some Star x Robin content, but only for a short while. Other FAC members are able to send me an email on how they would like it to end so I can come up with multiple endings, like the movie CLUE with Tim Curry (he rocks out loud!). Hopefully that will prevent a lot of Starfire and Robin lovers on Fanart Central from hating me. Wish me luck!

Chapter Two
Narrated by Robin
For some reason this morning, I woke up in a groggy mood. I wasn’t looking forward to this day, cause I’m overwhelmed with guilt. A couple weeks ago I had kissed Starfire, when we were really meaning to, not when we first met for “passing knowledge.” But I felt kinda weird. I kept getting these dreams of my childhood after that. I had nearly forgotten about my best friends before the Titans. 
 
“ROBIN!!!” Cyborg’s loud voice echoed out through the walls, which temporarily made me cringe. “YOUR TURN TO MAKE BREAKFAST!!!!!” “I’M COMING!!! I’M COMING!!!!!!” I yelled back. I quickly pulled up my tights, put on my shirt, snapped on my gloves, fastened my belt, pulled on my cape, and adjusted my mask before leaving my room. I walked to the kitchen, still thinking about my dream from last night.  I was so deep in thought that I bumped into Starfire. I helped her up. “Sorry, Star,” I apologized. “Didn’t focus on where I was goin’.” I started heading over to the counter, but then Starfire stopped me.
“Friend Robin, you have been acting very, oddly. Everything is, okay?” “Sure, everything’s fine.” I shrugged. “Thanks for asking.” She beamed at me. I grinned back. Then I went to the counter and got out some POP-TARTS, toast, and leftover bacon. Just as I started to put them on the table, Beast Boy made a grab for the strawberry POP-TARTS, but I knocked his hand away. He’s always trying to take my stuff, sneak into my room, etc. It’s starting to get real annoying, far beyond traps and security cameras. I really needed to start setting some ground rules.
Beast Boy then blurted out “Who wants to go for a picnic in the park?!” We all stared at him. “What’s the point?” Raven asked groggily. “We went to the park last week.” “Yeah,” Beast Boy shrugged, “But dude, look out the window! It’s an awesome day out there! I guarantee there won’t be a day like that in a long time!” “BB’s right,” Cyborg interjected, “I say we go out for a picnic. Who knows? Maybe we’ll kick a couple villains’ butts on the way!” “Oh yes, it will be most delightful,” Starfire commented.
 
A half-hour later, we were all heading out to the park. Beast Boy was right for once, though. The warm sunlight fell on our skin, the breeze blew through our hair, and the waves strolled gently onto the beach. We set up our blanket under a sunny spot and started eating immediately. As I swallowed down my cheeseburger, I heard the soft strumming of a guitar and the eventual accompaniment of a female voice. I immediately turned around and saw a young female, between the ages of 13-16 playing an acoustic.                                                                                   

The heart is a bloom, Shoots up through the stony ground
There's no room, No space to rent in this town
You're out of luck, And the reason that you had to care
The traffic is stuck, And you're not moving anywhere

You thought you'd found a friend, To take you out of this place
Someone you could lend a hand, In return for grace

It's a beautiful day, Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day, Don't let it get away

You're on the road, But you've got no destination
You're in the mud, In the maze of her imagination
You love this town, Even if that doesn't ring true
You've been all over, And it's been all over you

It's a beautiful day, Don't let it get away, It's a beautiful day
Touch me, Take me to that other place
Teach me, I know I'm not a hopeless case

See the world in green and blue, See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud, See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night, See the oil fields at first light
And see the bird with a leaf in her mouth, After the flood all the colors came out

It was a beautiful day, Don't let it get away, Beautiful day

Touch me, Take me to that other place
Reach me, I know I'm not a hopeless case

What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow
What you don't have you don't need it now, Don't need it now, Was a beautiful day

The entire time she was playing, it seemed like she was doing it for someone, but she didn’t glance up once. A couple people wandered over and dropped dollar bills and coins into her guitar case. After they left, she stuck the bills into her pocket and started to gather her things. She seemed like she was going to leave. “Dude, we should totally invite her to come sit with us!” Beast Boy insisted. Cyborg then held up his Coca-Cola can. “I suggest that we spin the can to decide who goes.” We all agreed. So we spun it, and to everybody’s surprise, it landed on me. “Fine,” I fumed before getting up. I walked up to her, which was kinda unusual for me, Boy Wonder, to be doing. “Hi.” She looked up. “Oh, hi.” To get straight to the point, I said “Wanna join us at our, er, picnic blanket?” This was a bit embarrassing. She thought for awhile. “Sure, why not?” She smiled, then followed me back to our picnic spot. She sat down in between Raven and Cyborg. “Dang, it ain’t everyday you get to meet a group of superheroes! Especially the Teen Titans! Nat Leran, nice to meet you all.” “Quite some music you played back there,” Cyborg added in. “Thanks,” she pat her guitar. “It’s the only thing I have left,” I heard her mutter under her breath. “What?” “Nothin’. I know pretty much every song written. Want me to play again?” “Hit it, babe!” Beast Boy stated. She smiled and started strumming the strings with strength. She was really good.

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
And when its cold outside I've got the month of may
Oh I guess you'd say what can make me feel this way
My guy, talkin' 'bout my guy, my guy

I've got so much honey the bees envy me
I've got a sweeter song baby than the birds in the trees
Well I guess you'd say what can make me feel this way
My guy, talkin' 'bout my guy, my guy

We eventually got the idea and all joined in.

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey
I don't need no money, fortune, or fame
I've got all the riches baby one man can claim
Well I guess you'd say what can make me feel this way
My girl, my guy, my girl, talkin' bout my girl
My girl, talkin' 'bout my girl
On a cloudy day with my girl
I've even got the month of may with my girl
Talkin' 'bout, talkin' 'bout my girl
Talkin' 'bout my girl  
         
By the end of the song, we were all laughing our heads off. I haven’t had this much fun ever since, well, a really long time ago. Nat recovered, put her guitar inside her case, and got up. “Guess I’d better get going,” she said. “What? You cannot do that!” Starfire grabbed her arm to prevent her from leaving. “You have just gotten here and we know nothing about you!” Nat turned around “Umm, no offense Starfire, but you’re kinda hurting my arm.” “My apologies.” Starfire immediately let go. “I have a performance at the Jump City Concert Hall to go to. Savin’ up to buy myself a new guitar. Maybe I could meet you guys afterwards.” “Where?” “That pizza joint where everybody goes. 6:30 okay with you guys?” Cyborg was tapping the information into his arm. “Yup.” “Then 6:30 it is. See ya then!” “Bye!” we said.  Nat waved, smiling before walking away.                                                                                                 
She really was awesome; I’ve only met one person just like her, before the Titans…
 





Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CoStanleyQueen5 on October 6, 2006, 9:13:39 PM

CoStanleyQueen5 on
CoStanleyQueen50_0 write more! Write more!

kagome99 on October 1, 2006, 5:52:35 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99the words are to small