Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter Three-A Burning Risk

The Titans are back from their war with the Brotherhood of Evil, but nothing in Jump City is like how they remembered it. And whom is the mysterious girl who's always wearing her brown hat? What could she possibly be hiding? Even though they've just met her, why does Robin think he's seen her before?

Chapter 3 - Chapter Three-A Burning Risk

Chapter 3 - Chapter Three-A Burning Risk

Author’s Notes
Here I am again, along with a new chapter! I hope you guys have read the previous chapters, cuz you’ll need to do so before reading this one to understand what’s happening. Remember, you guys can send me emails on ideas for scenes and for endings. Don’t be shy, okay? Just send me an email or a comment on my profile on what you would like to have happen in my story, and it’s awful likely I’ll put it in. Hope you enjoy! 

Chapter Three                                                                                         
Narrated by  Raven                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

So there we were, the PIZZA joint at 6:45, and Nat wasn’t there. It was obvious something was wrong. “Maybe we got the wrong place or wrong time?” Beast Boy suggested. “No,” Cyborg said. “I recorded her statement; PIZZA joint at 6:30.”  “Then why would she not attend? Where could she be?” Starfire asked.  Our questions were soon going to be answered, because a guy sitting near us had a radio. “-the fire at the famous concert hall started around 6:35.  Nobody is sure how the Jump City Concert Hall caught fire, but firefighters say it may have been an accident-” “Say,” Robin frowned, “Didn’t Nat mention she was gonna be there?!” We all immediately jumped up and rushed to the concert hall.  

There was a fire, alright. But only a small part of the building was ablaze. As we approached the building, something fell out of the window and nearly missed Beast Boy’s head (damn it!). Beast Boy then crouched down to see what it was; a guitar case. He opened it, then looked up at us. “Same guitar, same everything!” Robin paused to think, then grabbed an oxygen mask and strapped it to his face. “I’m goin’ in! She may be still in there!” In the blink of an eye, he was in the building. We helped put out the fire, however, but it wasn’t long before Robin came out with Nat’s limp shape slung over his shoulders. We immediately ran over as he settled her down on a stretcher.“Robin, how did you find her?” Cyborg inquired. Robin wiped sweat off his forehead before starting. “I went through the parts where the fire was most dense. I suspected that she would have been close to that window. I was right, I found her there, sprawled on the floor. If I didn’t, who knows?”                                          

We all fell quiet for awhile. But then the silence was broken by a weak moan. We regained our attention and focused it on Nat. As she let out a gasp for breath, Starfire pressed a breathing aid to her face. Her lungs protested in a slight coughing spasm before she started to breathe normally. Her eyes flickered open; she tried to sit up, but was forced back down by Starfire. “Friend Nat, you are in need of medical attention.” “No really. I’m fine.” She stood up, walked a couple feet before collapsing onto the ground. “See? You are in no condition to be left alone,” Starfire interjected. “No, actually I just tripped over that lasagna can.” She lazily pointed to the evidence. Cyborg backed her up. “You really need to be looked at. But first, tell us what happened in there from your point of view.” She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to grasp memory before opening them again.

“I was performing at the Concert Hall for a couple hours. Afterwards I walked offstage, and I felt a pair of eyes following me as I exited. I went to the bathroom after the manager paid me. While I washed my hands, I felt the eyes again. I turned around but nobody was there. Nothing but the rattle of wind going through the windows. Then I heard a snap, like a cigarette lighter being lit or something. So I went to check it out and as soon as I walked out the door I immediately saw the curtains were on fire. I tried to pull up the fire alarm lever, but it was jammed. So I went up to the announcement booth at the top of the Hall, tapped through the systems, and pressed a couple buttons to activate an emergency alert.”

“You hacked through the announcement system?! You know how to do that sort of thing?!” “Yeah, I took up an internship at S.T.A.R. Labs a while ago before getting an extended junior job.” “That’s cool, anyways continue.” “All right, where was I? Oh, yeah! I was heading out onto the overlook to see if everybody got the message. They did; they were pouring outside in large mobs. I grabbed my guitar and headed for the exit, but when I was halfway there something hit me over the head around here.” She rubbed the back of her head, so I traced that area to see if that was true. It was. “So, when did you throw your guitar out of the window?” Robin asked out of curiosity. Nat looked confused. “What do you mean? I never let go of it while I was awake!” Robin took the case from Beast Boy and placed in her lap. “Well, we saw it fall out from a window close to where you were.” Nat hugged her guitar, crying. Robin patted her back sympathetically. “It’s okay, you’re gonna be alright.” I was surprised to see him let her sob continuously into his front left shoulder blade.  I’ve never in my whole entire membership as a Titan seen Robin treat somebody like that; it was like he knew her as an old friend lost in despair, trying to help her.                    



Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment