Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Revival

SEQUEL TO IRIS. After her mamodo sacrifices its chance to be king by bringing Sherry Belmont back to life, Selina searches for Brago with the girl. After finding the mamodo, Selina stays with them, much to the demon’s dislike. However, they find her useful for moral and physical support during battles- and for a friend outside of them. Little do they know, she has a perfect reason to travel with them- revenge on a certain mamodo.

Chapter 2 - Revival

Chapter 2 - Revival
 
NOTE: Chapter two has arrived! It gets more interesting this chapter.

I don’t own Zatch Bell; that privilege belongs to Makoto Raiku. And times that disclaimer by two for the one I forgot to put in the first chapter.

There aren’t many adjectives for ‘mamodo.’ It’s rather annoying… So excuse the over-use of the word.
 

Chapter Two- Revival
Sherry POV

“Wh… Wha…” I groaned, my head throbbing. Blinking a few times before completely regaining my vision, I jumped slightly upon seeing a girl beside me, tears streaming down her face.

“It’s alright,” she said, smiling halfheartedly. Blue hair fell across her face, with dark blonde roots at the top- obviously dyed. Eyes the same colour as my own stared back at me; the black book rested in her hands.

The black book.

“Give it back!” I screamed, lunging forward- but something was different. Shouldn’t there be pain? My hand fell to my thigh, and I realized that the gash was no longer there- and the skin was completely healed! Only a rip in my lilac dress remained.

“What? Where did-”

“-the wound go?” the girl finished, wiping away the liquid dripping down her cheeks. I held out the book and she grabbed it, clenching it to her chest protectively. “It was healed- by my mamodo.”

The woman’s eyes widened in panic, but I shook my head. “She sacrificed her life for you, eh-?”

“Sherry, Sherry Belmont.” Why would a mamodo throw away their chance to be King- especially for a failure like me?

“Sherry. My name is Selina.” She bit her lip, and then sighed. “She did it because she sensed you were in love, with the one whose book you hold. Tell me…” Pausing, she unclasped her backpack and began groping around. “Is it true?”

“I…” Running my fingers across the cover of the spellbook, I winced. Brago… “Yes.”

Wait…

Comprehension.

My heart skipped a beat as reality hit me,right smackin the face. “Where’s Brago?”

“Brago? If he’s your mamodo, he’s not here. Yurie- the one who healed you- decided that he’d left after you died, just tossing away his book to be burned.”

I whimpered, raising a hand to my eyes, daring to shed the painful liquid. He… Cared THAT much? To leave everything, and just wander until someone destroyed his book?

“Sherry.” She sniffed slightly, before tossing something my way. “We’ll find him. I’ll help you.”

I picked up the bundle, unfolding a purple shirt and a long, black skirt. “I think they’ll fit.” Nodding, I blushed as I noticed that the tear in my dress showed most of my upper leg and stomach. Yes… we WILL find him. I have no doubt he’s fine on his own for now. Standing, my legs were a bit wobbly, but at least I could walk. “I won’t look.” Selina turned, and I began to change.

“Why did your mamodo forfeit its chance for the throne?” I asked, stepping out of my dress and throwing it down. I didn’t want to seem like a complete dud to Selina, seeing that she was willing to befriend me.

“She didn’t want to fight. Yurie… had a kind heart.”

A kind heart? I’ve only seen one of their kind like that, Zatch Bell. I didn’t answer, not knowing what to say. My mind was still lingering on the thought of Brago, the demon I had somehow learned to love.

Rubbing my eyes, I suddenly felt dizzy, and lowered myself to the ground once more. Probably just an after-effect from the spell Yurie used…

“Wait.” Selina grabbed my hand, eyes wide with apprehensiveness. “You said your mamodo’s name was Brago?”

“Yes…” Where was she going with this?

“You’re hunting after Zofis, aren’t you?”

I was slightly taken aback at the exclamation, and furrowed my eyebrows. “I am, why?”

Selina’s face grew solemn, and her gaze adverted to the ground. “Yurie and I had an encounter with Zofis and his bookkeeper, once. We escaped, but barely. The keeper said something about a mamodo named Brago and his partner- they were searching for you.”

“That… doesn’t come as a surprise.” I placed my hand against a tree and balanced myself as I stood, the black book in one hand. There was more dizziness, worse than before. I must be dehydrated, too… “Come on.” Selina threw her knapsack over her back, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“I know we’ll find him, Sherry. The last words Yurie said before she disappeared, were to make sure you were reunited with him- and I intend to see is happen.”

I smiled softly, knowing I had made a friend.
NOTE: Short chapter, I know! The next one will be in Brago’s POV, and it’ll be longer. Yay!
 

Sherry was probably UUBER out of character.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment