Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Reunited at Last

SEQUEL TO IRIS. After her mamodo sacrifices its chance to be king by bringing Sherry Belmont back to life, Selina searches for Brago with the girl. After finding the mamodo, Selina stays with them, much to the demon’s dislike. However, they find her useful for moral and physical support during battles- and for a friend outside of them. Little do they know, she has a perfect reason to travel with them- revenge on a certain mamodo.

Chapter 5 - Reunited at Last

Chapter 5 - Reunited at Last
 
NOTE: Brago and Sherry are about to be reunited! Yay! This chapter is dedicated to Twilight Memories, who is A- an amazing author, and B- is really wanting to see our lovers back together.

Oh. And please realize one thing. I know Brago does, technically, cuss a lot, but I really try not to use language in my stories.

GAH BRAGO IS SUCH A HARD POV TO WRITE IN.

--

Chapter Five- Reunited At Last

 
Brago POV

When I opened my eyes, they did not see stars, as I had expected, but instead the soft pastels of a sunrise. Sitting up, I shook my head, blinking once or twice. Crap. I hadn’t meant to sleep.

Standing, I walked the few paces to the creek, already knowing it was going to be a sweltering day. The air was warm and muggy, even in the early hours. I cursed under my breath; I wasn’t exactly a fan of hot weather.

Looking down into the water, I began to search for something to eat. Suddenly, my head shot up as I heard someone speaking in the distance.

“We’re almost there, Sherry… I can feel it.”

My eyes widened, pupils dilating. Did I really hear that? Climbing into the nearest tree, I sat on the lowest branch and tried to get a glimpse of who was coming. There was a young woman, carrying none other than my human on her back. Clenching my fists and gritting my teeth, I forced myself to wait until they were almost right under me before jumping down in front. “What the heck do you think you’re doing?”

The girl gasped and about fell backwards, managing to balance herself and not drop Sherry. “Brago?”

I grabbed her by the neck, squeezing just enough to make it hard to breathe. “Put her down.”

She obliged, slowly letting go of my bookkeeper and letting her slide onto the grass. “Let me explain-”

“You have nothing to explain,” I hissed, tightening my grip. She grabbed my hand and tried to pull away, cringing.

“No, you don’t understand-”

“I understand fine.” I threw her to the ground, none too gently. Kneeling by Sherry, I noticed that her chest was slowly rising and falling, a blush across her cheeks. Isn’t she dead? What the bloody he-

“She’s not dead!” The girl crawled to my side, taking off her backpack and pulling something out. “My name is Selina, and I believe this is your book.”

I took the black book from her harshly, and then turned back to Sherry. Her clothing’s changed…“My mamodo sacrificed her chance to be King for this woman,” Selina continued, “and brought her back to life. She knew you two were in love, and felt she was doing the right thing, so-”

“Shut up,” I rasped, seeing my keeper’s eyes open.

“B-Brago?” she whispered, the corners of her lips turned into a small smile. So she WAS alive.

I nodded gruffly, furrowing my brow. Is she sick again? I glanced down at her hand, which had closed over mine. It was trembling with a cold sweat, and she appeared to have a fever. “She’s telling the truth. Her mamodo saved me, but it’s left some rather nasty after-effects, I hate to say.”

“You’ll get over them.” I moved my hand away, pulling off my cape and placing it over her fragile body. She needs as much rest as possible if we’re going to keep on battling.

“Here.” Selina held out a water bottle, letting some of the liquid drip into Sherry’s mouth. “We’ve got to keep her hydrated.” I turned to her, studying her features with a scowl. Mid-length blue hair and blonde roots- dyed, of course, a thin frame, and eyes the same colour as my bookkeeper, perhaps a bit darker. Her pants were ripped and her shirt had long sleeves, even in the heat of summer.

You could say she looked like a tramp.

“She’s asleep already.” Leaning back against a tree, she sighed and closed her eyes. “Want to know the whole story?”

I shrugged, staring at my human. It doesn’t matter, now that she’s back.

“Yurie- my mamodo- and I were stopping for some rest when we noticed your book, and Sherry. We thought she was resting as well, but found out she was dead. As I said before, Yurie could sense that you and she were in love, and wanted to give you another chance. She never wanted to be King anyways- fighting just wasn’t her thing. After the girl woke up, she changed into some of my clothes, since her dress was pretty much in pieces, and we began searching for you. She clung to your book day and night, it was obvious she wasn’t going to let anything happen to it.” She paused, opening her cerulean orbs and catching my gaze. “That all happened two days ago. Yesterday morning, when we started out after breaking, she sort of hinted that she wasn’t doing too well- asking about any side-effects to her revival and such. Not soon after that, she was out. I wasn’t going to just sit around and wait for her to get better… I knew the longer we stayed in one place, the farther away you would go- I never dreamed we’d find you this quickly.”

That explains why she was carrying her… And her change of attire.

“She’s such a beautiful lady…” Selina smiled tenderly, yet there was sadness in her features. “You’re very lucky.”

I scrutinized her, biting my tongue. Why is she saying THAT? “I have everything under control now. You can continue on your way.”

“About that…” This can’t be good. “I was wondering if I would be able to stay with you. There’s… a certain someone I’m sure you’ll meet up with, and I have some business to take care of.” Great. A weakling like her is JUST what I need.

“No.”

“I believe the decision should be up to Sherry.”

“No,” I repeated, knowing that if it were up to her, Selina would be staying.

“Why not?”

“Because.” Stupid girl.

“Tell me.”

“No.” Why won’t she shut up?

She huffed a breath, glaring at me. “If you think I’m too weak, I beg to differ. I-”

“Alright, fine,” I growled, crossing my arms. “Just don’t bother me.”

She had better be all she thinks she is.

--

 

NOTE: Don’t worry, Brago. She is.

 

Selina POV next chapter- and Sherry starts getting better! Wooh!

A bit of foreshadowing this chapter. Yes, both of our heroines have some rather tragic backgrounds… May seem Mary-Sue-ish, but hey. Does make for some wonderful angst, no?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment