Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Brago

SEQUEL TO IRIS. After her mamodo sacrifices its chance to be king by bringing Sherry Belmont back to life, Selina searches for Brago with the girl. After finding the mamodo, Selina stays with them, much to the demon’s dislike. However, they find her useful for moral and physical support during battles- and for a friend outside of them. Little do they know, she has a perfect reason to travel with them- revenge on a certain mamodo.

Chapter 6 - Brago

Chapter 6 - Brago
 
NOTE: Already on chapter six! I would have updated last night, but my Zatch Bell DVD came in the mail! It had “Sherry’s Rhapsody of Life” on it, so I watched it about five times. Teehee. I love the ending… With a passion. A burning passion.

Own Zatch Bell, I do not. Nor Yoda.

--

Chapter Six- Brago
Selina POV

The demon wasn’t exactly what I had expected. I didn’t imagine him to be Prince Charming or something of the like, but he did seem a little on the… cold side. Well, perhaps he’s different around Sherry.

Glancing over at the girl, I noticed that the flush on her face had softened, and she was no longer trembling. “She appears to be getting better,” I said to Brago, who was leaning against the tree next to me. He said nothing, but gave a stiff nod of his head. I bit my tongue, studying him. Burning red irises were barely visible in his eyes, black markings on the top and bottom. His lips were set into a frown, hiding razor-sharp teeth; his skin was pale and grey. Hmm… His attire was a black shirt over fishnet and pants of the same fur as the cape that covered Sherry’s body. He’s just a giant puffball with lots of eye make-up. I laughed softly, and his gaze shot towards me.

“What’s so funny?” His voice was raspy, just enough to be menacing.

“Nothing,” I replied, looking up at the sky, beginning to turn purple with the sunset. A few wisps of gentle clouds could be seen on the horizon, going down with the sun. Breathing deep, I savored the unique forest smell, mingled with the freshness of the creek nearby.

We had stayed in the same resting spot all day, letting Sherry regain her strength. She had woken up once, and pulled the book away from Brago, clutching it near her chest as she drifted back off. She was extremely protective of the thing- as was to be expected. In a way, it made me feel guilty for how I had always kept Yurie’s in my backpack until needed. I sighed. No need to linger on that now. She’s gone… I was, in a sense, happy that she was- she never wanted to battle in the first place.

“Brago.” My eyes didn’t move from the sky, but I could feel his staring at me. “Yurie and I fought once, with a mamodo named Zofis- and his bookkeeper, Koko.”

“What about it?” he asked in a rather bored tone.

“Before they launched their first attack, they asked about you; they’re looking to find you. Any reason why?”

He huffed a breath. “I already knew they were trying to find us, as we’ve been trying to find them. Koko and Sherry were previously acquainted.”

“Is that all?” There’s got to be an incentive.

“Yes.”

As it had many other times, the conversation I started with the dark mamodo drifted to an awkward end- awkward for me, at least. There’s something he’s not telling me… I can feel it. I’ll talk to Sherry about it some other time.

Finally breaking my gaze away from the shadowing sky, I rummaged around in my knapsack until I found the canteen, taking a few sips. It was running dry, so I stood, stretching. Quietly walking to the brook, I refilled the bottle, and then sat down by the waters edge. Pulling off my shoes and pushing up my pants, I stuck my feet down in the icy liquid, smiling at the relief. I had ran so much since I found Yurie, that calluses had formed on the sides of my feet and heels, from where blisters had been.

“What are you doing?” I glanced up and saw Brago standing beside me, scowling as usual.

“Just relaxing. Is there something wrong with that?” I turned back to the river, watching a few small fish swim by. “Besides, I thought you didn’t want me to bother you.”

“I don’t.”

“Then why are you bothering me?” I smirked to myself as he made no reply. A few moments of silence passed, and jumped slightly when he did speak.

“I’m afraid your putrid feet might kill all the fish.” I gritted my teeth at his insult, and folded my arms.

“And what condition do you suppose your feet are in?” I growled, motioning to them.

He once again said nothing, this time walking away. I knew I hadn’t won, though. He’d get me back… Eventually.

Pulling my ‘putrid feet’ out of the creek, Idried them on the soft grass, not bothering to put my shoes back on. One could hardly call them shoes anyways; they were so tattered and worn. I can buy some more in the next town we end up in.

I had a strong sense of confidence in Brago; he was the strongest and the most focused mamodo I had seen yet, and his eyes burned with a passion for two things- the claim to King, and Sherry.

I was almost positive he didn’t know how his emotions for her were clear, but every time he fixed his orbs upon her, everything was obvious. He had pulled his hand away when she’d taken it after first being reunited, undoubtedly not wanting to show any gestures of love in public.

It was odd to imagine someone as threatening as him with her- and yet, if I really thought about it, it wasn’t. Even in their body language they were very much alike- aloof and determined, not letting anything stand in their way.

A love between a mamodo and a human… Who would have thought?

--

NOTE: It’s late. Really late. And I’m tired as all get out. –le sigh- And no, that’s not an excuse. I’m just sharing. :)

Next chapter will be MUCH more interesting, since Sherry’ll be narrating, AND will be back in action. This was a filler chapter, giving some time to our favourite bookkeeper to regain her strength.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment