Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Oh, it gets better!

Inuyasha and the gang have been having a rough journey and are ready to rest when Inuyasha tries to drag them off to another village in search of a demon. To his(and Kagome's) suprise, it all goes wrong, though they find the town.

Chapter 2 - Oh, it gets better!

Chapter 2 - Oh, it gets better!


“W-why should I? He d-does this all the t-time. He's n-never apologized to m-me first, so why should *hiccup* I d-do that to him any l-longer?” she said in between sobs. She was really distressed. `What am I going to do?' Sango asked herself. She really wanted to help her friend, but she didn't know how! She continued to hold her friend and after an hour of crying, Kagome finally seemed to calm down.



“Are you feeling better now, Kagome?” Sango asked her friend. Kagome's face was tear-streamed but she seemed to be better. Kagome looked at Sango, appreciation written all over her face. Sango smiled.



“I do indeed feel better. I'm just… I'm just wondering why Inuyasha has to do this to me. It puts me in such a hard place, especially since… well, you know, hormones decided to pop up. I can't see myself apologizing any more, but my… crush for him tells me to. What should I do?” Kagome asked Sango. Sango didn't answer, she instead went to the door and pulled back the flap. In fell Inuyasha, Prince Kshi, and Miroku.



“Hello, fellas. Do you wish to join us?” Kagome and Sango towered over the three of them, anger on their faces. They leaned down and grabbed the guys.



The guys groaned.



~ Scene changes; Inuyasha, Prince Kshi, and Miroku are tied up in the girls' room~



“Kagome, how do you think we should punish these guys for them to tell us what they heard?” Sango asked Kagome. Kagome looked at them. She took a good, hard look at Inuyasha, anger and sadness still on her face.



“I don't want to punish them yet. Let's just ask them. Guys, WHAT DID YOU HEAR?!” Kagome asked very forcefully. They all flinched, and then Prince Kshi said, “W-we didn't hear much, Lady Kagome. W-we just heard the last part of your conversation. IT WAS ALL MIROKU AND INUYASHA'S IDEA!!!” He yelled suddenly. Miroku and Inuyasha started shushing him just to find a towering Kagome over them. They stopped mid-shush.



“Is that all true?” She asked. She then added, “…Inuyasha?” She looked at him, and he could easily see the hurt on her face.



He looked down before responding, “Yeah, it's true. I was GOING to apologize but we heard Sango talking to you and you responding. We heard…,” he gulped before continuing, and Kagome noticed his face turning red, “We heard the part about the crush.” He then looked up at her. Kagome just stared, a blank look on her face. She then turned to Sango, and said, “I think we know everything. We can let go of Miroku and Mr. Princy here. Inuyasha stays.” Sango then nodded and untied Miroku and Prince Kshi. They jumped up and ran out the door, wishing Inuyasha luck for whatever he received. Sango turned back to Kagome, who was kneeling in front of Inuyasha. Sango understood that Kagome was waiting for everyone to leave. Sango turned and walked out of the room, but didn't go far in case Prince Kshi and Miroku showed up again.



“Inuyasha…” Kagome looked at him. Hurt was all in her face, her movements, everything. Inuyasha couldn't help but let sorry write across his own face. His human emotions began to take over, even though he tried to keep them back.



“Kagome, I'm sorry. I… We…,” he sighed, “We didn't mean to do any harm. We were just curious. Especially me. Miroku told me that I should apologize, and I was going to, I swear! It's just, we heard you talking… about… me… Miroku wasn't really surprised. Neither was the Prince guy either. I was. I guess… I guess I was just surprised that you felt the same…” He looked down, unable to talk or say anymore. He reigned in his feelings, preparing for something horrible to happen. Instead, he felt smooth lips against his. `Kikyo?!' was his first initial thought. `No, Kagome…' was his next. He closed his eyes, and kissed her back. Now he knew. He knew what happiness was. What he had been feeling, when he was with Kagome and his friends, that was false happiness. It was just there to fill the hole that Kikyo had left. This one kiss, this one moment, this is what filled it. This is what made him whole, what made him feel worthy. They parted, a faint smile on each set of lips. Kagome opened her eyes.



“Inuyasha…” Inuyasha blinked, and proceded to hold Kagome as she fell into his lap. He held her and hushed her, how long he didn't know. All that they knew was it was meant to be. And so they made it. Inuyasha felt love for Kagome. He knew that was the warm feeling her smile, her image gave him. Kagome knew that her feelings were true, not images. She knew it was him, and he knew it was her. They were soul mates, they were meant. They stayed in their positions long into the night, never sleeping, yet never really awake. Nothing seemed too real, just each other. When the early hours of the morning came, they eventually woke to find they had indeed slept. Kagome rubbed the sleep from her eyes.



“Uh, when did we fall asleep? Where is Sango?” Kagome asked. Then she noticed Inuyasha's ears had returned. She gave them a playful tug, and they twitched.



“I dunno. I just know I felt truly happy, all night. Happiness… so this is what it feels like…” Inuyasha smiled down at Kagome, who smiled back. She then kissed his nose and freed herself from their entanglement. She hopped up and went out the door to find where Sango was. It didn't take long, for Sango had fallen asleep just outside the door guarding. Kagome woke her and told her about the night. Sango then rushed off to tell Miroku, and figure out what to have for breakfast. Inuyasha came out, stretched, and went outside to start a breakfast fire. Kagome followed, a curious look on her face. Yet there was a glint in her eye, showing that she remembered, and would never look at Inuyasha the same again.


Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Inuyashasbabygirl on June 3, 2006, 2:48:30 PM

Inuyashasbabygirl on
Inuyashasbabygirlluvvvvv iiiittttt going on my favs

bigguy on May 21, 2006, 10:28:05 AM

bigguy on
bigguygreat story can't wait for the next chapter

MartinaM89 on April 7, 2006, 1:39:10 AM

MartinaM89 on
MartinaM89Yay! I've been looking forward to read your next part! It's great and romantic... Thank you!!!