Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - December 15th: Kyriean

Twelve days of Christmas with my characters; Nikura, Kyriean, Mikura Uchiha, Kyrie Sohma, Moira from Ouran High, Hakura, Joanne Motomichi, Cameron, Inri, Moira from Naruto and Mika. The last chapter will be the longest chapter. Enjoy and comment!

Chapter 2 - December 15th: Kyriean

Chapter 2 - December 15th: Kyriean
On the second day of Christmas the hunter gave to me two red roses.

Snow coated everything in sight in the large city. Tree branches were sagging from the large amounts, giving away to small piles of snow beneath them where it has fallen before. Lights decorated houses, store fronts and trees around the area. A woman with waist length, ink black hair pulled back with a bright red ribbon wandered the streets carrying bags of gifts and clothes in her black gloved hands. She wore a blue coat whose hood was lined with faux fur, a green flowing skirt with red cotton-like trim around its hem and black heeled boots. A bright orange scarf was securely wrapped around her neck and a pair of white earmuffs kept her ears warm from the cool winter air. A smile was on her soft red lips as she passed by many citizens, wishing them all a Merry Christmas on her way back to her apartment building. She hummed softly to herself as snow began to pepper her hair while it lightly fell to the ground. Her excitement was hardly contained; not only was it Christmas eve, but she was going to spend it with Cameron. Despite whom they were in terms of the vicious circle, Cameron being a vampire hunter and she herself being a vampire, the two adults managed to get along nicely. She got into the building and wiped her snow covered feet on the mat on her way to the elevator. She was greeted by her apartment door; decorated with small patches of wrapping paper and a sign wishing all a Merry Christmas. She gently kicked the door with the side of her foot.

“Anthena, care to let me in,” she called. Her call was greeted by the door opening and a young girl, about six or seven, standing to the side.

“Welcome back Kyriean,” Anthena smiled up at the woman as she entered.

“It’s good to be back where it’s warm,” Kyriean smiled as she closed the door with her foot. Her living room decorated with lights and a tree covered in tinsel, lights and ornaments greeted her warmly as she put the bags down to pull off her boots.

“Did you get everything you were looking for?” Anthena asked as she went to nose through the bags. Kyriean snatched them up quickly, earning a whimper from the child.

“Yes I did,” Kyriean laughed, “and you can’t go nosing through it all either,”

Anthena made no retort as Kyriean walked down the hall to her room. She began wrapping what was meant to be presents and hiding them away in their hiding spot in her wardrobe with the rest of the gifts. “Are you sure you’re alright with staying here while Cameron comes over?” Kyriean asked, hearing Anthena’s footsteps stop outside her door.

“I’ll decide before he gets here,” Anthena answered as she leaned against the doorframe, “Marry-Anne came by while you were gone and told me that our Master is having a kind of get together for Christmas.”
Kyriean smiled as she pulled out a bright red dress and tossed it at Anthena.

“Either way, here’s an early present.” She said as Anthena looked at it.

“Thank you,” the child exclaimed, running and hugging Kyriean around the waist.

“You’re welcome,” Kyriean answered softly as Anthena disappeared into her own room. The woman turned to the window, which was gathering a small pile of snow on its frame outside. It was already beginning to grow dark out, Cameron would arrive soon. Kyriean picked up her bath robe and a towel before leaving for the bathroom. She paused when she saw Anthena looking at herself in the mirror, her fiery red hair held two green ribbons. The red ribbon that had come with the dress adorned her throat, while the dress lightly fell against her. “I’m glad it fits well,”

Anthena looked over and nodded.

“It’s wonderful, thank you,”

“You’re welcome,” Kyriean laughed quietly before she disappeared into the bathroom for a shower. The hot water felt great on her cold body as she lathered her hair with a peppermint shampoo she’d bought the day before. The scent intoxicated her as she inhaled deeply before reaching for her vanilla body wash and lathered it over her body. She finished her shower and dried off, wrapping the towel around her hair and tying the sash of her bathrobe. She returned to her room and paused a moment, backing up. A hip length, golden blonde haired woman stood staring at her tree. Kyriean ignored her and returned to her room, changing into a pine green dress she’s bought for herself that day, tying the sash tightly behind her back. She released her hair from the towel and began to softly ruffle it, squeezing the water from it with the towel. Grabbing her brush she began to run it through her knotted her as she walked out into the living room. “Merry Christmas Marry-Anne,” she greeted the woman kindly, despite her distaste for her.

“Merry Christmas Kyriean,” Marry-Anne answered blandly. She wore a figure hugging green and red dress; her hair had been pulled up into a bun by two similar ribbons. “I assume that hunter is coming tonight,” she said with distaste.

“That hunter, Marry-Anne, happens to be.”

“Your boyfriend, I know,” Marry-Anne snorted and rolled her eyes, “you’re none of my concern so whatever Anthena wishes to let you do I’ll leave her to it.”
Kyriean shook her head as she twisted her hair and clipped it to the back of her head with two silver clips, leaving small strands to line her face.

“What would you like, Marry-Anne,” Kyriean asked as she began to set up for that night.

“I’m only waiting for Anthena,” Marry-Anne remarked as her red eyes watched Kyriean set presents beneath the tree.

“So she’s going tonight then,”

“Yes,”

“You two will be here tomorrow right?”

“Of course, Anthena will return her early in the morning and I’ll come since you invited me. Sadly our master has instilled some manners into us in terms of invitations.”

“Oh how kind of you to willingly show,” Kyriean said sarcastically as she put a few gifts in a bag. “Here, these are for your master,” she held it out to Marry-Anne, whom took it.

“Kyriean, please be careful while I’m gone,” Anthena begged as she took Marry-Anne’s side.

“I’m always careful Anthena,” Kyriean laughed, “Have fun,”

“Will do,” Anthena smiled. She and Marry-Anne suddenly disappeared from in front of Kyriean. Moments later there was a knock on her door. She opened it and was greeted by Cameron’s honey brown eyes.

“Merry Christmas,” he greeted.

“Merry Christmas,” Kyriean greeted back as he kissed her cheek and entered, keeping his back away from her.

“I couldn’t exactly wrap them, but here’s your gift,” Cameron smiled as he held out two red roses for Kyriean.

“That’s alright,” Kyriean smiled as she took them gingerly, “they’re better unwrapped,” she laughed as she placed them in a vase with water. Two red roses, bright as cherries.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment