Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - December 21st: Cameron

Twelve days of Christmas with my characters; Nikura, Kyriean, Mikura Uchiha, Kyrie Sohma, Moira from Ouran High, Hakura, Joanne Motomichi, Cameron, Inri, Moira from Naruto and Mika. The last chapter will be the longest chapter. Enjoy and comment!

Chapter 8 - December 21st: Cameron

Chapter 8 - December 21st: Cameron
On the eighth day of Christmas my master gave to me eight more lessons

“This is such a pain,” Cameron complained as he walked down the halls of the underground vampire hunter academy. His footsteps echoed off the stone walls that were lined with torches, the only source of light in the entire place. This place had been his home since he could remember, his master like a father to him having no memory of his real parents. The reason he was back in this place was because he’d been summoned by his master and he had no other choice but to go. He should be on the surface in the snow on his way to Kyriean’s; he had to keep up his damn façade that annoyed him to no end. He finally reached his master’s study and knocked on the heavy wooden door adorned with black metal hinges, door handle and knocker. It opened, the hinges creaking in protest, revealing a candle lit room filled with shelves upon shelves of books. Books on magic, both black and white, their prey the vampires, their history and other books like such all anciently leather bound with golden designs in the old language and new language. A large oaken desk sat in the middle of the circular room adorned with a book stand, papers and candles dripping with melted wax. Behind this desk was a large wooden chair intricately carved, in this chair was an old man with shoulder-length silver hair and a short silver beard wearing black scholar’s robes. His withered face filled with creases and lines gave away his age as Cameron drew closer to him. He noticed his mentor’s eyes were shut and he was softly snoring. A heavy sigh found its way from Cameron’s lungs as he realized the old man was fast asleep. He cleared his throat, but saw it didn’t even make the man stir. Cameron groaned inwardly at his master’s habit of sleeping in such times as he carefully made his way around the desk. “Master,” the young man called strongly, waking the older man.

“Hm, what?” he responded with a jolt as his eyes flew open and he looked around. “Ah, Cameron, good to see you my boy; did you need something?”

Cameron ground his teeth together in annoyance.

“You were the one who summoned me,” he hissed.

“Ah, yes, yes,” the old man recalled before clearing his throat, “I’ve noticed you’re becoming impatient with the task set before you.”

“And how can I not?” Cameron demanded with a small smirk, “I’m dating a vampire, master, as I was asked to do to gain her trust now that she knows what she is. When will I do my job that I’ve trained since childhood to accomplish?”

“In good time my student,” his master said wistfully, “in the mean time I suggest you take these scrolls,” he said gruffly as he held them out, “and study their lessons. By the time you’re finished learning and applying these eight lessons it will be time to do your job you have trained for.”

Cameron nearly groaned by took the eight scrolls none the less and bowed his head slightly in respect.

“Yes sir,” the young man remarked wearily. So much waiting has been done as it was, two months of waiting since she was recalled what happened to her.

“But remember, Cameron, that young girl is doing her job as well. We have a pact with guardians that we must keep.”

Cameron hissed under his breath at the reminder.

“I don’t need reminding of such,” he growled, “I know very well that damned child is doing her job, but she is doing so poor that she can’t even keep that blood breath from seeing me,” he smirked sadistically.

“Just remember your boundaries,” the old man sighed quietly before waving his hand towards the door signifying Cameron’s dismissal. The man huffed and turned, leaving quickly. He tore open each scroll and read their lessons.

‘Patience’

‘Serenity’

‘Peace’

‘The ability to work within ones limits’

The list went on, each one infuriating Cameron more and more each time he read them. He stuffed them away in his coat as he returned to the surface, stalking down the street to his apartment. Eight more lessons he had to learn and apply in however long he has until that child, Anthena, slips up in her job more than she already has and he can do his job; kill Kyriean.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment