Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - December 22nd: Inri

Twelve days of Christmas with my characters; Nikura, Kyriean, Mikura Uchiha, Kyrie Sohma, Moira from Ouran High, Hakura, Joanne Motomichi, Cameron, Inri, Moira from Naruto and Mika. The last chapter will be the longest chapter. Enjoy and comment!

Chapter 9 - December 22nd: Inri

Chapter 9 - December 22nd: Inri
On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me nine new pelts

Winter in feudal Japan, such a wonderful sight, especially in the Northern Mountains where Inri sat with her pack beneath the gentle snow fall preparing for the long winter months when the ground will be frozen; food had to be collected, warmed pelts and blankets were to be made to keep the pack warm. Inri’s breath came out in a cloud of mist as she exhaled deeply, wiping her arm across her forehead leaving behind a trail of blood from the meat she was preparing. She sat back on her feet and looked up at the sky silently, her thoughts drifting away to the Western Mountain pack.

“Lady Inri,” a voice called, breaking her away from her thoughts.

“What is it Leo,” she replied, turning towards the male pack member.

“There’s a pack from the Western Mountains coming this way, they’re led by a whirlwind.” He informed her. Inri’s ears perked up at the mention of the whirlwind and she stood quickly, leaving the meat for the others for the time being. She followed Leo away from the others to greet their guests, the blood on her forehead and arms forgotten. The pack emerged from the forest with their black haired leader in the lead carrying a wrapped package under his arm. Inri smiled softly as she walked to meet them.

“Welcome friends,” she greeted warmly when she met up with them, “what brings you here?”

“We brought food,” the pack chorused in unison before their leader could even open his mouth. Inri’s eyes shone with gratitude.

“Thank you,” she turned to Leo, “show them where it goes Leo,”
Leo nodded before he narrowed his eyes at the Western leader. He turned and led the small pack towards the cave, leaving Inri and the leader alone. “Koga, your tribe didn’t have to,”

“They chose to on their own,” Koga said gruffly, his eyes downcast to the white ground.

“Why don’t you come and warm up, it’s fairly cold out here,” Inri offered, gesturing towards the way the others had gone.

“Are you alright? Your arms,” Koga noticed the blood on her arms and Inri blinked.

“Oh right,” she laughed, “I was preparing meat to be stored away.” She crouched down and gathered snow in the hands, using it to wash away the blood as best she could. The package hit the snow and her ears twitched at the sound of the fabric hitting the snow by her feet. She looked over curiously. “What’s this?”

“It’s for you,”

Inri’s eyes cast up towards Koga, seeing a slight blush on his cheeks. “Kagome said that it’s a good thing to give others a gift.”
Inri laughed as she picked up the package when she stood.

“Kagome is a strange human,” she said quietly, her eyes down casting as she held the package out. Her fingers softly undid the knot that held it together, her eyes watching as she unfolded the corners to reveal pelts. She blinked as her cheeks grew warm; they were Northern pelts that were worn in the colder weather. Some were all one with longer bottoms, others were two pieces. All in all Inri counted nine new pelts for the winter season. “Thank you,” she said in a voice that barely rose about a murmur. She looked up at Koga and drew closer to him, her lips gently touching his cheek in gratitude for the gift.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment