Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Heirs

Harikiri, in her 665th year, must struggle with her evil past and decide who she loves more, Ani or her dead boyrfriend, whome she has a chance to revive.

Chapter 2 - Heirs

Chapter 2 - Heirs



13th Desciple

Heirs


Harikiri woke up from her restless sleep. She jolted into a sitting position breathing heavy. She looked down at Ani sleeping beside her. His chest gently rising and falling as he brethed. She quieted her panting and rubbed the pespiration off her upper lip and forehead as she stood. She ran her fingers through her matted stringy hair and padded towards the bathroom. She stood infront of the mirror, gazing at her own wine red eyes. She expected them to turn into the brown color of her mothers eyes or even the blood red color of her legendary father. She touched her cheek and ran her ling crimson fingernails gently down her cheek. As she was examining her face, Ani stirred, and woken up. He yawned and strecthed, watching Harikiri's slender sillouhette in the bathroom.

"What is it?" He asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "Got a pimple?"

"No." She thoughtfully answered. "I-I just..."

"Had a nightmare." He coolly finished her sentence. She turned to look at him and slowly nodded. "I see. Well, remember, it was just a nightmare, it can't hurt you."

"But it can hurt YOU..." She whispered. Ani lifted an eyebrow in annoyance.

"Sorry, I missed that, could you say it again and this time...louder?" He asked. Harikiri rolled her eyes.

"I was just talking to myself." She said. She turned back towards the bed and plopped down next to Ani. Ani glanced down at her.

"I.....I can hear you talking in your sleep, sometimes." He told her. She flicked her gaze up to him. "I just hear you talking about your heritage. Tell me, how do people in your clan die?"

"We slit our own abdomens open. That's how we get our names. It's a ritual suicide. By our 666th birthday, we cut ourselves." She said. Remembering the evil of her family made her eyes water and she let out a sob. Ani pulled himself next to her and put his arms around her shaking shoulders. She cried into his shoulder and let her fears and worries spill out onto him.

"It's ok, you've escaped it and burried the evil, right?" He asked. She shook her head.

"It's resurfaced." She cried into him.

"Kiri....This is your 66sth year. It's only half a month until your next birthday." He softly said. She sniffed.

"I KNOW!" She wailed. Ani realised his mistake and sighed. He waited and held her until she quieted down before attempting another discussion. "I must carry on." She sniveld. "I will revise out clan. I will bear strong sons and live up to the name of Toguro. But...The bloodline-."

"Will not matter if you refuse to let the family pasts follow and haunt us." He laid down with her still in his arms.

"I will bring us our own clan. And we will be powerfull, deadly, feared." She said, staring blankly at the wall.

"We are already feared."

"We will have a clan."

"And be the strongest."

"Yes."

"We will have many children and heirs." He said. He had a dreamy look on his face as he imagined the life ahead of him. Harikiri looked up and smiled. He looked down and locked his lips with hers. He could feel her pain and sadness melt away into comfort. They remained liplocked for several minutes until a knock sounded at the door. The kiss momentarly faltered, then started right back up as the couple ignored the knock. Ani's younger brother, Toguro, creaked the door open. He peered in and cleared his throat. No response.

"Let's get started."

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AnakinSkywalker on June 13, 2005, 1:43:29 PM

AnakinSkywalker on
AnakinSkywalkerI hated that that stupid Taks test *stabs the stupid taks test* I swear if I get stuck with Mrs. Dykes again, I'm gonna kill her *pouts in corner*

FrostToguro on April 20, 2005, 9:45:19 AM

FrostToguro on
FrostToguroWell, I'm glad you like it. But.....I just wanted to let you know, I may be able to write on command, but the best stuff just kinda flows to me, y'know. I haven't got an inspiration quick enough. But I'm working on it. I will try to post up updates on everything by the end of this week, but I have end of year exams that are tying my up along with all the're stupid Taks (Texas Assessment Anology Skills) Test? Sound fun, It's taking so mush time......sorry.

Natalya on April 20, 2005, 12:58:28 AM

Natalya on
NatalyaThis is an interesting story. I don't think I've read one other then the ones I have written where someone is forced to kill Ani...that's really original. You are becoming a favorite author of mine as you seem to be just as obsessed with the Toguro Brothers as I am. I hope that you update your other stories soon as I am also enjoying them but I don't want to sound pushy or anything. Well, great job, Frost!