Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Mind Games

Harikiri, in her 665th year, must struggle with her evil past and decide who she loves more, Ani or her dead boyrfriend, whome she has a chance to revive.

Chapter 5 - Mind Games

Chapter 5 - Mind Games
Disclaimer: Don't own yyh or the characters, hell, I don't even own the computer I;m tyoing this on.


13th Desciple
Mind Games

"Harikiri...." The mirrior called. Harikiri looked frantically aroundyhe living room . The voice seemed to come from the ceiling. She looked up at the ceiling fan that had panes of mirrors behind it. Her own reflection was grinning ear to ear at her, when her own facial features were relaxed. "Harikiri-i-i-i-i...." The call grew to a sing-song chant that threw chills up Harikiri's spine. She looked up at Ani who was perched on the couch, reading a book titled 'Kazaan'. He apparently did not hear the voice as he didn't look up from the book.

"Ani?" She asked. He looked up at her, his golden eyes flickering with curiousity.

"...Yes?" He slowly answered.

"Do you hear anything?"

"Like what?"

"A voice, a womans voice." She explained. Ani arched an eyebrow and stared quizzically at her. He shook his head.

"Your minds playing with you....." He said.

"No. I hear it!" She implored. It was no suprise that her relflection was talking to her, but she was certain that if she could hear and see it, then Ani HAD to be able.

"There's nothing, Kiri....But if it concerns you then I'll just go and-"

"Harikiri!" The mirror called again. Harikiri leapt up.

"See?" She yelled. "I told you! I told you, but noooo! You NEVER listen to me!" She had quieted down, and looked triumphantly to Ani, but instead of seeing him trying to locate the source of the voice, he only sat there, giving her a look of both pity and confusion.

"I don't hear anything." He flatly said. "I don't want to upset you, but you need to lie down. You're just a little tired...." He sat up and pulled her out of the room. Toguro looked questionalbly at him as he passed them in the hallway. Ani led her to the room and sat her on the bed. She only nodded, deafly mumbling to herself as she lied down. Ani just watched her.

"Ok?" He asked. She nodded. He turned to silently walk away, leaving her to herself when he felt a soft confining hand on his arm. He stopped and gently gazed down at her.

"What is it?" He asked. She sat up and looked around through wide eyes filled with paranoia. It was enough to make Ani choke on a laugh rising in his throat.

"Stay with me?" She asked, scooting over. Ani realized it wasn't a question, but an order. He sighed and sat up on the bed next to her. He pulled her into his arms. He cradled her and rocked her back and forth, waiting for her to fall asleep. When she finally dozed off, he gently slid from underneath her and nestled her into the matress. He was about to leave when Toguro stuck his head in the door.

"Hey, can I borrow a spare blanket?" He asked. Ani nodded and headed behind the dressing screen. He opened the large cherrywood chest and began to dig around. He pulled Harikiri's robe out and threw it over the top of the screen. A small folded up peice of paper fell out of the pocket, catching Ani's attention. He picked it up, but first got Toguro the blanket before looking at it. He sat in the desk chair and unfolded it. He saw a perfect picture of him, his pale face flushed and he smiled softly when he realized Harikiri had drawn him after their lovemaking. His smile faded when he saw a list of names and colors. Frowning he read it.. Then realizing the numbers, it then dawned upon him. This was a hit list. But the colors? He gasped when he saw his name at the end. He folded it back up and stuffed it into his pocket. He sat back in the chair, tightly closing his eyes. He remembered how it was written, in Harikiri's fine print. He angrily stood and began to storm out, but he heard a soft moan. He looked over at his wife-to-be as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. He shut and locked the door before turning to face her. She perched herself on the edge of the bed.

"What's wrong?" She asked. He shook his head before taking the list out.

"This." He said. It took Harikiri a moment to realize that he was holding her mothers list. "What is this? You planning on wiping me out? And my Brother? And Sakyo? And all these other people? Who the hell is this Seaman Mitari? Who...are these people?" Harikiri shook her head.

"I don't know a Mitari......" She said. Ani angrily cursed and threw it at her. It hit her chest and fell helplessly into her lap.

"I can't propose to you without you trying to kill me?" He asked. She jumped up.

"I didn't try to kill you!" She yelled.

"You were plotting!"

"Ani...please...." She said. "There's something going on. Something scary....I need your help."

"Oh, yes..." He sarcastically said. "What are you going to do? Kill me if I dont? You're just crazy."

"You're one to talk! You just strut around here like you're the stuff! I tell you, you are NOT the mighty god you think you are! You are nothing compared to Mage!" She clamped her hand over her mouth realizing what she just said. True, Mage was extrememely pwerful, but was he stronger than Ani? Yes...Yes.... Ani stared at her a moment, his eyes growing wide. He grit his teeth and slapped her, causing her to fall back onto the bed. He pulled his arm back to do it again as he grasped her slender throat. He hesitated, then was perfectly still, with her struggling for breath. He released her. She held her stomach and fell back. He turned around but she called him back.

"Take it." She said. He looked down into her open palm and saw the engagement ring he had given her earlier. He turned his eyes downcast as he took it and walked from the room. He could hear her pull her small traveling bag out from underneath the bed. He ignored it and walked briskly down the stairs. He sat back down in the livingroom and continued reading, a small bubble of guilt growing in his stomach. A few minutes later, Harikiri came downstairs, holding a bag and some dresses on hangers.

"Where you going?" He asked.

"Look's like I'm leaving you." She said. Ani stood up. He grasped her hand as she reached for the car keys. She dropped what she was holding as he pulled her to him and roughly kissed her, jamming his tongue down her throat, as he was doing so, he forced the ring back on her finger. She struggled and fought back, and finally broke from his grip. She threw him a look of pure disgust before dashing back up the stairs. Ani closed his eyes and listened as the bedroom door slammed.




Chapter 5: Harikiri realizes that the list DOESN'T have to go in order, so she makes her first kill. And probably the most important.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AnakinSkywalker on June 14, 2005, 1:55:04 AM

AnakinSkywalker on
AnakinSkywalkerWAH!! How does she kill???!?!? ANSWER ME!!! ACK! *ish tackle by an obsessed fan Frost is sure to have. The fan runs off* "deafly mutteres" something about fans and drops to the ground.