Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - His Headstone Read: Loving Brother

Need I say anymore? Oto loses comtrol of himself, and it's not the only thing he loses. MUST READ!

Chapter 1 - His Headstone Read: Loving Brother

Chapter 1 - His Headstone Read: Loving Brother
Disclaimer: I don't own yyh or the characters, If I did, the would be hell on earth.
Ani: Frost....I am NOT going to do another guy....
Kuwabra: *Pinches Anis cheek* You know you want me!
Frost: Your not even in here Kuwabra...
Oto:..........ha.
Ani: To hell with it all....

His Headstone Read: Loving Brother


"I'm so sorry, brother....." Toguro sobbed. He looked down at his hands, his blood covered hands and then to the limp, unconcious body of his older brother infront of him. He tried to calm himself down, to stop and think logically, to try to help Ani, but he utterly broke down, lifting his limp brother into his strong, but shaking arms. He trembled violently. He carefully lifted Ani in his strong arms and hurried up the stairs, he threw the door to his bedroom open, and entered. Still crying, he gently placed Ani down on the large bed. He looked so small, and already dead. His eyes seemed sunken in, and he was paler, thinner, whiter than paper, except for the several dark swollen spots where Toguro let his temper take over again. He hadn't meant for this to happen.
It all started out with Toguro going out to get a few drinks at his favorite bar. Just a couple, well a few shots of liquor easily turned to a few bottles, and before he knew what was happening, he was drunk. Feeling angry and itching for a fight, he stumbled out to the streets and walked home. Needless to say, when he got home, Ani was not a bit tolerable for his brothers drunken behavior. Finally, Ani attempted to leave the house, not wanting to be around his brother when he was drunk. Toguro, not wanting Ani to leave, for what reason he did not know, made sure Ani wasn't going anywhere for a while. Now, Ani lay limp, barely breathing, gasping for breath. And kept convulsing as blood gushed from his busted lips. Toguro frantically looked around. And grabbed the phone. He dialed a number and a voice came on the other side.
"Sakyo!" Toguro hoarlsely breathed into the phones speaker, fear gripped at him and nausea pooled his senses as he tried to focus.
"WHat is it?" Sakyo asked. Toguro swallowed the lump in his voice and almost whimpered. He looked over at Ani, his lips and chin covered in blood, and his nose still freely spurting the red liquid. He opened his mouth to speak, but intook a loud, long, quivering breath.
"I-I'm sorry...' Toguro whispered, tears rolling softly down his wet cheeks.
"For what, Toguro, are you alright? Breathe in, breathe out...." Sakyou gently said. Toguro let out another sob, not taking his eyes off Ani.
"He's dying!" Toguro yelled. "He's still warded by Koenma, he can't survive. He's going to die! He's dying as we speak!"
"Who?"
"Ani!"
"What, hey, I'll be there soon, and I'll have help. Just stay tight, and keep him....alive."
"Alright..."
"Bye." Toguro heard the phone hang up and he turned back to Ani. He almost yelled when he saw his older brother gazing back at him. He stared at him for a moment, not moving, not doing anything, but bleeding. Toguro got closer. Then he knelt next to Ani. He watched as one of Ani's hands slid to the middle of his own chest, holding it as if he was in pain.
"A-are you alright?" Toguro asked. Ani sadly gazed at him.
"You...you know what's happening..." Ani said. Toguro noticed it was a statement, not a question. He took Ani's shaking hand and nodded. Ani sighed and slipped his hand out of Toguro's two large ones. Toguro sat up and looked down at him.
"Y-You're dying?" He asked. Ani nodded.
"No!" Toguro wailed. He dropped his face into Ani's neck. Ani sadly sighed and lifted a hand to stoke Oto's hair.
"Please. hang on!" Toguro said. "I promise! I will never touch it again. I'll never LOOK at it again. I promise." He sobbed. Ani shook his head.
"That's not the first time I've heard that promise, but I assure you, it'll be the last." He choked out. He was still fighting for breath, even as the doorbell rang, Toguro couldn't move, he felt his heart breaking. This couldn't happen.
"Brother, your the only one I have left. The only one. I can't lose you. I love you! I love you!"He said. The door was thrown open and Sakyo entered, followd by two doctors in white coats, holding black bags and blue briefcases. They set them down and approached the brothers.
"Ani....no!" Toguro yelled. His tears fell down his cheeks again.
"Brother." Ani gasped. "I...Lo..." He gasped blood and flew into a coughing fit. It was obvious he was trying his hardest to speak. But he just couldn't. Sakyo motioned for the doctors to wait. And Toguro grabbed Ani.
"I...Love...." He tried again. The doctors had grasped Toguro by the shoulder, trying to pull hm back.
"Sir..." One said. "Please, step aside....Step aside, we need to help him. Please sir." They managed to pull him back, but he still grasped Ani's hand. He reached out and touched Ani's face.
"Brother, no!" Toguro yelled.
"I..You...Brother!" Ani gasped. He closed his eyes and his grip on Toguro's hand lessed. Toguro was finally ripped away from his older brother. He saw a tear slide down his Ani's cheek. He tried to get back to him, but he wa thrown out of the room.
"Ani, I love you! I love you!" He screamed. As the doctors worked on him, Ani heard his brother yelling.
"I....I...love..." he wanted his brother to know that he loved him.
But Ani never got to tell his brother that he loved him, he died shortly after the doctors arrived.

Burying his own brother was the hardest, most painful thing Toguro ever had to do. He sat in the first row, numbly staring at the open casket. He couldn't take his eyes off of the empty shell that was once his brother. He knew Ani could feel no more pain, but the pain had been brought on by the one he loved the most. Sakyo sat next to Toguro, his hand in the crook of the demons arm. Toguro would occasionally glanced to the side, half expecting to see Ani there. But nothing. He stood up and stepped the the side, walking out the back of the funeral home. As he stood and walked to the door in the back, he realized how many people were there, Ani truly was surounded by friends and loved ones. But they stopped to gaze at him, accusingly, as if a finger pointed beneath their stares.Toguro almost stopped when he spotted Genkai in the back row, just silently staring at the front od the room like everyone else. He hurried outside and slumped to the bench, this was just too much for him to bear, he couldn't do it. He dropped his face in his hand, and gently cried. He cried for himself, he cried for Ani, he cried for the sake of his own misery. But mostly, he cried for Ani's life cut short, by him.

Burying Toguro was one of the hardest, most painful thing Sakyo, ever had to do. The last time he saw Toguro alive, he was at Ani's funeral. By the time Sakyo made it to the hospital to se Toguro in his last hour, it was said he tried to drink his pain away, and he was dying of a broken heart. Sakyo waited by Toguro's side as the demon slipped away. There was nothing they could do. Nothing that could be done. Sakyo just cried for is fallen friend when it was all said and done.

Three days later, the remaining Team Toguro stood at the foot of two joined graves. Two headstone, with the names of their ocupants, and 'Loving Brother' on each one. Sakyo shook his head as he looked at the six foot angel statue that stood bewteen the headstones, before he turned to walk back to the car. He glanced back once, but that was it.


Athurs note: This has to me one of the hardest things I've ever had to write.........It almost made me cry......... Well, I did this four our little Toguro Brother Groupie. The fanclub.....I salute us... *sob*

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Natalya on July 7, 2005, 9:45:57 PM

Natalya on
NatalyaNOOOO! *wails uncontrollably* NOOO! *calms* That was beautifully written if not very heartbreaking.

Zacuraotouto on July 6, 2005, 8:46:28 PM

Zacuraotouto on
Zacuraotouto*lower lip trembles, then starts sobbing uncontrolably* thats by far the saddest thing ive ever read.......*sniff*